Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > EarthClan > EarthClan Camp

Inky
Axolotlsprout was so, so very tired. She had spent the night watching over Charlie, checking on how she was, seeing if her wounds had crusted over...she had to make sure she lived. The medicine cat, the one who did her job, placed her paw over Charlie┬?s cheek, and brushed the fur down. ┬?Wake up...┬? She told the kitten, hoping she would. ┬?Wake up, please. I don┬?t know how well Risingstar will like me if you die, alright?┬? Axolotlsprout chuckled a bit before placing a drop of honey on Charlie┬?s tongue to keep her stomach happy.
--

June 22, 2018 at 11:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Notchedfin and Broken Eggshell exchanged nervous looks at Frecklemask's announcement and Notchedfin leaned over and whispered, "Maybe we should just go practice on our own...?"

"No, we'll look like cowards!" Broken Eggshell insisted.

"If you're sure..."

"Risingstar wouldn't let any of us get badly hurt."

"I don't think that's something he can really control..."

"He wouldn't let us try anything that could get us badly hurt right in the middle of camp where he could step in at any moment."

--

June 23, 2018 at 7:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DrownedInRed
Eden looked around for a familiar black pelt, the silver bengal┬?s blue eyes searched camp. He laid down and rested, hoping to see Panthergaze around somewhere.
--

~There in the moon, many life stories danced before her eyes.~

June 23, 2018 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Panthergaze sat outside the medicine camp grooming her pelt, with Brackenstorm hovering at her side.  The pair weren't talking, in fact, Panthergaze seemed to be pointedly ignoring her brother.

--

June 23, 2018 at 9:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DrownedInRed
Eden┬?s eyes glanced up and he spotted the pelt he had looked for, the tension between the siblings obvious. He padded over, the tom looking down at Panthergaze, ┬? Would you like to go on a walk.... ┬? he asked, hoping to take her away from the tension.
--

June 23, 2018 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

"I'm stuck in the camp for another five suns..." Panthergaze sighed, nodding to the wad of leaves and cobwebs stuck to her flank. "But if you wanna chat, we can probably find somewhere that we can at least pretend is private."

"I'll take that as my signal to leave..." Brackenstorm grunted, hoisting himself back up to his paws.

--

June 23, 2018 at 9:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DrownedInRed
┬?Later, Brackenstorm.┬? Eden dismissed him before looking at Panthergaze and laying down next to him. ┬?What happened dear? ┬? The bengal has been so confused on what happened that his mind completely forgot about it. He shifted and leaned against her softly.
--

June 23, 2018 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Brackenstorm grumbled something under his breath and padded off toward the warriors' den.

"Nothing in particular, he's just upset that he didn't have the great luck of getting attacked first," Panthergaze rolled her eyes. "You know how some toms can be.  How have you been?"  A purr rose in her throat as he leaned against her.

--

June 23, 2018 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DrownedInRed
Purring Eden twitched his nose in amusement. His sisters were like that, and frankly he was the only one that was mellowed out. ┬?Finally was able to escape my clan, came here to be with you. ┬? He smiled before softly adding, ┬? Came here to start a family with you, Panthergaze. We┬?ve waited long enough... ┬?
--

June 23, 2018 at 9:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Panthergaze's ears flicked back, her nervousness showing through. "I don't know, Eden... I know I want kits, but, how do we know they'll be safe?  We're at war with all of the different clans and clearly it isn't above MoonClan to attack whoever happens to get in their way- even medicine cats."

--

June 23, 2018 at 10:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"Orioleflight, Firestride," Risingstar summoned the two other toms to his side, needing a distraction from the image of Charlie's bloody body, which had burned itself into his mind's eye. "We're gonna check the MoonClan border, make sure that everyone actually left. Glasswind will watch over the camp in my absence, I'm certain. Blackpanther," He turned towards the charcoal bengal, catching his attention. "Watch the battle camp. Make sure nothing gets out of hand." 

Leaving the group with those few, simple instructions, the ginger tom-cat turned and exited into the territory. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

June 23, 2018 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DrownedInRed
┬?Panthergaze, I promise you with all my life, I won┬?t let anything... anything hurt our family. Moonclan can try and hurt my family and I will personally rip out all their throats... Just as so use to. I don┬?t care about anyone else but you, and I will harm anyone who tries to hurt you.┬? His eyes showed fire as he thought of those vile cats hurting his family.
--

June 23, 2018 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask led the followers through a few basic drills, first talking through the exercises to see if she could get the cats to do it without she herself engaging. She preached about ferocity and reaching desperately to claw at whatever piece of flesh the opponent offered, and though she understood that these cats were clanmates, it was still laughable to watch them both try and not try to hurt each other. Everyone seemed reluctant to fight with her themselves, and after the third instance of a cat having rocks stuffed in their ears and doing the drill wrong, she plucked a volunteer- Magpie Song.

Magpie Song blinked, star-struck, as she stepped out of the line, "Me?"

"Yes, you. You're about my weight- just a little shorter. And your claws are sharp. You'll do fine," the encouragement was subtle but there, just enough so that nobody could accuse Frecklemask of not being nice. She'd seen Magpie Song lounging as a queen, the plump and pregnant she-cat's skills were lacking. "You'll want to protect those kits of yours when they come, won't you?" she said hoarsely.

Magpie Song gulped, "Yes, of course, but-"

"Then come at me with all you've got. I'll be aiming to get behind you- the leader's den is the nursery. Your kits are there. I'm trying to kill them- life and death, see?" Frecklemask was rapid-fire as she paced in front of Magpie Song, who played goalkeeper in a sick and demented game of soccer.

"Wait, so I just-"

"Drill!" Frecklemask shouted, leaping to get on Magpie Song's left side. The she-cat was slow in responding but found her stride, pulling from her motivation at watching Charlie possibly pull her last breath. She imagined Charlie was there now, and Frecklemask was the sorely mistaken cat that thought she could hit EarthClan where it hurt.

Magpie Song put all her small strength into ramming Frecklemask, sheathing her claws instinctually as she reached to snag the she-cat's skeletal ribs. Her paw bounced off but knocked Frecklemask sideways, causing her to lean down to recover. Magpie Song moved forward and attempted a bodyslam, but Frecklemask quickly rolled over and, claws-unsheathed, embedded her claws in Magpie Song's belly, throwing her off with much force. It was unintentional, an instinct, but the queen had two shallow scratches on her belly as she stood up from where she'd landed. Her green eyes stared off, starstruck. Frecklemask looked around frantically for Risingstar, wondering if the tom had seen what had transpired and if he was going to stop it.

"End," she called, "Keep your claws out next time. Are you a kittypet or a warrior?" Frecklemask sneered, hoping to motivate the she-cat to do better the same way her own mentor had. She also felt bad for producing the few drops of crimson that stained the snowy training field, though this showed less than her animosity as she hid her empathy.

Magpie Song scowled, a tear encapsulated at the corner of her left eye. If that was real- she stopped the thought and sniffled, displeased with herself.

--

June 23, 2018 at 10:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

A low growl rumbled in the barrel shaped chest of Blackpanther. The warrior had stood aside during Frecklemask's "drill" and for the most part he had watched without comment, without interfering. His patience with the former EclipseClan deputy's training methods disappeared entirely when she threw Magpie Song off with a blow to the stomach, leaving a few shallow cuts in the wake of her claws. He entered the scene, the fire in his eyes licking Frecklemask's lanky form before turning to Magpie Song. 

"Enough. You shouldn't be fighting," He informed the queen flatly. As though that was the end of the matter, the charcoal bengal turned once more towards Frecklemask, "and clan mates should not be attempting to injure each other. We have other clans to fight. Use their claws on them. Injuring others in practice," A scowl of disgust crossed his features as he spoke, "it's a waste of effort, it's a waste of herb supplies, and it's a stupid risk. Even a shallow cut can get infected, and that's not something we need to risk."

"Keep yourself in check, Frecklemask. Or this will be the end of your role as battle mentor in EarthClan."

Blackpanther had no true authority within the clan, but he spoke as though he did. There was a level of gravity, finality to his tone that left weaker willed cats simly nodding their heads and accepting his orders. He doubted Frecklemask was one such cat, but the demeanor came naturally to him.

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

June 23, 2018 at 11:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask straightened dangerously under Blackpanther's scolding, the she-cat taking none-too-kindly to the intrusion. He had no right to silence her- Magpie Song had attacked her on both accounts, she had simply been participating the way each and every cat here was supposed to be.

She drew her lips back in a snarl for a sharp retort, but in a shocking twist of events, Magpie Song spoke up first.

"And what if that was real?" she said, her bottom lip quivering as the queen spoke, her scratches already clotting with scabs as she stared at the two. Her face held the attention and grief of a mother. Charlie's attack had charged her with the need for change.

"I hid during the attack, Blackpanther," she said with a sniffle, "Because I didn't know how to fight. And one of my little ones was attacked. Charlie's in the medicine cat den now- why don't you go look at her? Imagine your little Blue-eyes there, where she is, bleeding. None of us know when it'll be our time. Why should we play-fight with feathers and sheathed claws when the real thing will be exactly like this?" she said, though her conviction began to melt away as she switched her directed face to Frecklemask. She flashed a hesitant smile, still shaking, at the gray molly.

Frecklemask could not stand under Magpie Song's mercy. Just like when she'd tried training Oddpaw, the faces of apprentices she'd indirectly killed haunted her, though her motives were convoluted for a variety of reasons- her hatred for Fencerunner, her love for EclipseClan despite all they'd done. The inexplicable love and need for belonging she felt in EarthClan was strong as well. Her temper had always gotten her in trouble, as well as her need to challenge any and all authority directed at her. She looked between Blackpanther and Magpie Song, both cats representing different sides of an argument that she had caused. This was getting her nowhere. She needed to be gentler, softer- against the very nature of herself, it would seem. Only then would these cats begin to see her goals for what they were- pure and unadulterated survival. And if they died on the way? Frecklemask would help dig their grave and pray to StarClan to see them there.

"No, Robin, he's right," she said, still getting names horribly wrong. "You shouldn't be fighting."

She took a step forward and lowered her head, yellow eyes still defiant in her alleviation of responsibility. The next words she spoke looked and felt physically painful to say, "Sorry Blackpanther."

--

June 24, 2018 at 12:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner
┬?All cats say that, Eden, but if it was a promise hat could be kept no kits would die...┬? Panthergaze sighed, staring down at her paws. ┬?I just... Eden, I don┬?t know. We┬?ve waited so long and I┬?m not getting any younger. There has never been a proper period of peace, at least not in my lifetime.┬?
--

June 24, 2018 at 11:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"You're a queen, Magpie Song. It is not your place to fight during battles. I'm sorry that someone you cared for was injured, but there is absolutely nothing you could have done to prevent it. MoonClan was cruel, honorless. We won't allow it to happen again and though that does not heal Charlie's wounds, getting yourself injured will not either," Blackpanther retorted firmly. His voice was not harsh, but it borderlined that. The tom was accustomed to war, but he was accustomed to a specific type of war. One with rules. One with integrity. 

"Don't apologize to me," The bengal added after he had finished scolding Magpie Song. There was certainly no winning with the tom. Not where Frecklemask was concerned. He trusted her about as much as he'd trust the failed general of an opposing army. There was a reason she was expelled from EclipseClan, and he had no reason to believe she would thrive here where she failed in the city. He didn't understand Risingstar's faith in her. "Just remember who we're really fighting, and don't do anything that Risingstar or Glasswind wouldn't approve of."

--

June 24, 2018 at 12:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DrownedInRed
┬?Panthergaze, I┬?m not going to force you to do anything. If your not ready, you┬?re not ready. But soon enough when there┬?s a proper time of peace, it┬?ll be too late. Peace is hard to come by when you live around rivals, you just have to find it within yourself.┬? Eden sighed.
--

June 24, 2018 at 12:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.