Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > EarthClan > EarthClan Camp

River

Glasswind slept restlessly in the medicine den, cobwebs plastered over his wounds and his shoulder forced rougly back into place. The deep chill from the river still lingered in his bones, but Glass was hardly awake to take notice of it - he slipped between varying states of half-consciousness, constantly plagued by memories he'd suppressed for moons. It took the deputy a few hours to properly awaken - jerking upright, out of a dream-filled state just below sleep's border. 

"WREN!" The silence of the den in comparison to the cry that echoed through Glass's head was deafening - as much as he pestered Risingstar about letting his injuries heal before returning to reckless behaviour, Glasswind had never been much of a fan of the medicine den. It took him several attempts, but Glass eventually struggled to his feet and slipped out of the den.

--

*He/him*

June 8, 2018 at 7:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Eggshell trotted through the camp alongside Notchedpaw, both proudly displaying their catches as they set them down on the freshkill pile and utterly unaware of the bloodshed that had occurred.  They'd found kindred spirits in each other, both a little bit odd and discarded by the rest of their clans, though niether had ever been particularly unhappy.

--

June 8, 2018 at 9:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"Hey," Orioleflight greeted Littledoe. He approached the MoonClan she-cat, with Firestride at his heels. He offered her a friendly smile, a welcoming smile. He needed something to do while his brother recovered, something to keep his mind occupied. He supposed welcoming this newest addition would do. "My name is Orioleflight and this is my mate Firestride. I saw you come in with all that... chaos. Do you plan on staying?" 

"Well I've been told that I have a way with words..." Risingstar responded slowly, his breath hot on Frecklemask's neck as he leaned in closer to her. His eyes were half closed, allowing all of the other senses to take hold. The scent, still of EclipseClan, very faintly in her fur. The softness of her pelt. The sound of her breathing. He enjoyed it all, these moments before the world erupted. They were fleeting, delicate, and he cherished each one. 

He finally pulled away from her, and drew back further into the den, into the shadows. He beckoned for her to follow as he settled into his own nest, well out of sight of those wandering through the camp. 

(Skip?)

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

June 8, 2018 at 10:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sunken

"Well, I don't know much about being a Warrior. I'm still new to this whole clan thing." Randi admitted to the apprentice. She considered the many stories she could tell him about her times in bars but decided she rather not spill so much of her past to a cat she had just met. "All you need to know about bars are that they're overrated. Catnip in the park is way more fun."

--

June 8, 2018 at 12:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

(I don't want to mirror Fencerunner's exit post so I'll let you type up the last one if you're okay with it)

"I'm not interested in words," Frecklemask warned as she followed him, aware with hypersensitive whiskers that the air was becoming thick. She had never been one to slow down and savor the moment, and she certainly wasn't about to now. She was, as Risingstar said, dominant. Confident. Her moves weren't premeditated, but they were expected. She wouldn't let Risingstar take the lead like she assumed he wanted, didn't want to allow him the pleasure. If he was so in love with the way she truly was, then that's what she would show him.

She placed a paw over him, leaning down as she stooped low over his form, closing her eyes. Her muscles tensed, then relaxed as she pulled him the rest of the way up to her. Shadow enveloped them, and the rest was left up to the night.

--

June 8, 2018 at 2:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Littledoe pricked her ears as the EarthClan cats approached, and despite her nervousness, she gave a gentle smile and dip of her head. "It's nice to meet you both. My name is Littledoe." She purred, her tail wrapping around her side. At the question, she hesitated but nodded once. "I would like to, yes. I hated the way Pumatooth and the apprentices treated Risingstar when he was just trying to help save a life... I don't want to be a part of a clan that attacks the injured or those who are just trying to save others." She nodded once. And... I feel like I owe something to Risingstar. He was so nice and put himself on the line for... me. I couldn't just stay there when he risked himself for me.

--

"How can I protect you from the wolves, if I don't have any teeth?" - Toxicmamba to Jade

June 8, 2018 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rhea

As a few cats streamed into the camp Rainwhisker watched them. So far clan life seemed exciting. A bit dangerous, but exciting nonetheless. A growl came from her stomach. She simply stood up and made her way to the fresh kill pile. After picking her way through it, she decided on a small fish. Rainwhisker grabbed the fish and carried it back to where she had been sitting and began to eat. (Feel free to approach)

June 8, 2018 at 5:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"What's a park?" Oddpaw asked, blinking innocently at the warrior sat before him. 

"Well you're more than welcome to stay," Orioleflight informed her with a slight dip of his head. He offered her a smile, "I know I'm not the leader or the deputy, but Risingstar has a policy that any cat wishing to join is automatically accepted. I suppose you'll just be needing someone to show you around?" 

Risingstar slid out of his den, the night over and his crimson colored fur a mess. He was still barely able to walk in a straight line, but somehow he made it to the High Rock. He climbed to the top, nails digging into the surface to keep him rooted there. "Everyone gather around for a clan meeting!" He called. "The Gathering is tonight... as usual anyone who wishes to go is welcome to join. Try not to start any fights." And with that, he leapt down, landed hard on the earth, and then made his way out into the territory *Gathering Clearing*

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

June 8, 2018 at 10:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask eased out of Risingstar's den a few steps later, the she-cat likewise ruffled and with a new hole in her ear. She looked left and right before slipping among the throng of cats before unwisely deciding to follow, casting a sidelong glance at the warrior's den as she did so. (Gathering Clearing)

--

June 8, 2018 at 10:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Littledoe's ears flicked up then partially down again. "I do, would you-" She was cut off by Risingstar's call, and her blue eyes quickly turned to look up towards him. Thank god he's alright. She looked to Orioleflight again, and she nodded once. "I'd like to go to the Gathering before that though... I'd like to see how things go and maybe get a few more looks around for that apprentice or Lucyan." She murmured, her blue eyes full of worry for the two lost cats. 

--

"How can I protect you from the wolves, if I don't have any teeth?" - Toxicmamba to Jade

June 8, 2018 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

Orioleflight gave a nod of understanding. "Well, you best be off with the rest of the clan, then. I won't be joining, everytime I go I only see my brother make an absolute fool of himself, and I've gone grey worrying about him," He explained, a touch of amusement, touch of annoyance. It was certainly a sibling relationship he shared with Risingstar. 

--

June 8, 2018 at 11:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Littledoe gave the tom a warm smile and dipped her head. "Thank you, Orioleflight. I really appreciate the kindness." She smiled, before quickly trotting out after her new clanmates. [Gathering Clearing]

--

June 8, 2018 at 11:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
Beachsplash sat alone in the corner of camp, eating a small trout he'd managed to hook out of a river near camp. He knew he had been chosen for the gathering but didn't feel like socializing that night. Or ever.
--
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen. - Luke 24:5-6
June 9, 2018 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DrownedInRed

Shadeflower, being new to the whole scene, was of course not chosen for the gatherings. She had heard much about it, the socializing with other clans, the truce, everything had been packed into her mind. She was glad she hadn't been chosen, just the thought of having to sit in a large clearing with ample cats prickled her fur! The lilac she-cat purred to herself as the camp grew quieter, it was nice like this. Her eyes trailed after the cat who left the camp before setting on a tom who was sitting alone....perhaps she'd grant him company.

Padding over to him, she gave the tom a cheery smile, "Greetings! I'm not sure I've meet you before? I'm Shadeflower."

--

~There in the moon, many life stories danced before her eyes.~

June 9, 2018 at 4:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Ash of Dying Ember still hadn't left camp since she'd returned, too scared to leave Winter alone with Spark or any of her children floating around. The unwholesome cat didn't want to abandon her mate to be confronted and ostracised, and so she stuck to his side religiously with the same conviction he had stuck by hers. She eyed the entrance longingly, but stayed where she was.

--

June 9, 2018 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
Beachsplash looked up as a she-cat approached but quickly looked down."H-Hi, I-I-I'm Beachsplash," he stuttered, his ocean blue eyes fixing themselves on his trout. He curled his silver tail tightly to his side, the tip flicking nervously. He did this gesture often when he met new cats.
--
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen. - Luke 24:5-6
June 9, 2018 at 10:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DrownedInRed
┬?You┬?re a cute little thing, aren┬?t you?┬? Shadeflower purred watching him fully woh her eyes. She supposed to a shyer cat it might seem a little aggressive, but the lilac she-cat meant well. ┬?Well, Beachsplash, I thought you had to join the clan for the gathering? Chose not to go, I suppose?┬? She asked, laying down besides him.
--

~There in the moon, many life stories danced before her eyes.~

June 10, 2018 at 11:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
Beachsplash blushed, shifting uncomfortably."I g-guess I d-don't do w-w-well in big c-crowds," he replied, moving a little bit away as she laid down, making more room for her."Are y-you hungry?" he asked, nodding to his trout. He hadn't always been this shy but now that most of his family was gone and his sister didn't talk to him much he tended to be more reserve.
--
June 10, 2018 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

"Morning," Panthergaze greeted Rainwhisker, giving her a friendly smile.  At her brother, Brackenstorm's, urging, she was trying to become more social with the other cats of the clan.  Secretly, she knew it was something she'd need, soon, as she grew increasingly impatient to have kits.

--

June 11, 2018 at 9:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sunken

Randi had decided this whole Gathering nonsense was not for her and had made the decision to instead stay in camp and prey on toms and she-cats till the rest of the clan came home. She looked around for her first victim.

--

June 11, 2018 at 9:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.