Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > EarthClan > EarthClan Camp

PalletEclipse

Littledoe's ears fell back, and she slunk down. She wasn't going to argue, though when Blackpanther approached, she cleared her throat a bit. "An apprentice fell into the river and Risingstar crossed the river onto MoonClan territory to help search the river with a cat named... Lucyan... I believe? And then they were attacked by some MoonClan cats and beaten up from trying to find the apprentice and I tried to rush them back quickly so they could get help!" 

--

"How can I protect you from the wolves, if I don't have any teeth?" - Toxicmamba to Jade

June 7, 2018 at 10:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"Wait... wait..." Blackpanther whispered, his eyes widening slightly as he took in the news. "Lucyan was out there? Was he still fighting the MoonClanners?!" There was a sense of urgency to his voice. He was half a second from racing out into the territory to rescue his brother. He had just retrieved him from what he thought had been death. He wasn't about to let a MoonClanner kill him.

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

June 7, 2018 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

River

Glasswind didn't seem to be in much better shape than Risingstar - the deputy was practically dragged into camp, and collapsed the moment he was free of support. He mumbled something incomprehensible into the dirt, before struggling to get his paws beneath him to stand. Glass pitched forward, stumbling a few steps further into camp before he collapsed again. His shoulder was clearly out of joint, and gashes leaked blood which stained the white fur across his weak form.

--

*He/him*

June 7, 2018 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

A few hours later on a completely different plane of existence from where Littledoe, Blackpanther, and Glasswind were, Frecklemask stood guard outside of a sleeping Risingstar's den. The she-cat would soon be drafted to lead her battle training session, but for now, she was intensely focused on keeping any intruders out from disturbing Risingstar's sleep. He had done so much for her- this was the least she could do.

She turned her head slightly and peered with one yellow eye into the darkness, wondering if she should enter and make sure the tom was still bleeding. The medicine cat had been explicit in their instructions, but the she-cat had never trusted the herb-slinging cats. They always had ulterior motives, it seemed.

--

June 7, 2018 at 10:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"Sunrise...?" Risingstar's hoarse voice echoed as a groan from the depths of the leader's den. The tom's eyes had just opened and his head was throbbing, a result of the exhaustion and a tad bit of dehydration. All of it together left him disoriented, and the silhouette of a she-cat in front of his den had him automatically assuming it was his long departed mate. 

The tom rolled over, so his stomach was beneath him. He squinted, attempting to make out more of the she-cat's form. His head spun. Even attempting to think had his skull pounding. "Wha... what happened?"

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

June 7, 2018 at 10:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask turned further as she heard Risingstar waking and walked in slowly, hesitantly, the low sun causing her pelt to glow eerily and obscure her features until she, too, entered shadow. She had heard much of the story from the gossiping queens, and now as she entered she had forgotten it, looking instead at Risingstar's battered form. How pitiful he was.

"You got your tail handed to you, that's what happened," Frecklemask goaded, "by a river, no less."

--

June 7, 2018 at 10:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

Confusion overcame the crimson colored tom when Frecklemask advanced on him and her features took solid shape. This was not Sunrise. For a few seconds he grasped blindly at the she-cat's name, then Frecklemask. The constant knot in his stomach returned and his throat clenched as he realized Sunrise was long dead, and he was the leader of EarthClan. For these few brief moments, the mask was gone. He was not the charming, confident Risingstar who wore a veneer of devil-may-care cockiness. He was fragile, broken. War Returned, awakening to the knowledge that the love of his life was dead. For the first time in moons, he relived that sense of loss all over again. 

The mask settled back across his face. His eyes hardened, and a wry smile curled at the edges of his features. All signs of loss and emotional disturbance were gone. Here he was, returned to the character. "Yeah, right because it was the river that I was fighting," The tom said with a bit of amusement to his voice. His gaze slid past Frecklemask, out the den, before returning to her. His eyes squinted, and the smile grew. "Were you.... watching over me?" It was almost an accusation. "By the ancestors, Freckles, I think you actually do care!" 

--

June 7, 2018 at 10:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask almost scoffed at the thought, thinking her recent behavior none-too-removed from her past. But then she realized that the EclipseClan Frecklemask would've shrugged and then sent out a hunting patrol, thinking if Risingstar was strong enough to pull through it on his own then he was a worthy warrior.

She lowered her head, "I'm trying to change," she admitted, "don't point it out- its already hard enough," the warning was there in her words as she took a few steps further in, looking down on Risingstar from her great height. She sat down, making herself comfortable in Glasswind's own nest. Or was it the guest nest?

"That Littledoe cat stayed," Frecklemask desperately tried to change the subject after the awkward pause.

--

June 7, 2018 at 10:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Littledoe nodded once, and her ears flicked back. "H-He told us to go! That he'd take care of it." She whispered, "To get Risingstar home to get healed."

--

"How can I protect you from the wolves, if I don't have any teeth?" - Toxicmamba to Jade

June 7, 2018 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Winter moved Ash back, looking at Fallen and then turning away. Protecting Ash was his only job, and he had to uphold the promise of keeping her safe. The tom padded out to the territory, and left without knowing Ash wasnÂ?t going to be able to follow.
--

June 7, 2018 at 10:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"Good," Risingstar grunted softly to the last comment, the  mention of the MoonClan cat Littledoe. "She helped me. She shouldn't have, and her clan was going to punish her for it." He couldn't help but laugh at the sheer irony of it all. All he wanted to do was help people, and he had been a direct factor in injuring such a small, kind she-cat. He had uprooted her entire life... 

He moved his thoughts on for such things. The mask was close to breaking again, and he wouldn't drop his guard twice around the same cat. "Alright, noted. Not going to talk about how much of a goody-two-shoes you've become," Risingstar teased the former EclipseClan deputy in a singsong tone. "Okay... other than that what's happening? Glasswind? How is he?" 

Blackpanther did not wait for another word to escape the lips of Littledoe. He turned on his heel and tore out into the territory as quickly as he could. 

--

June 7, 2018 at 10:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Littledoe watched as the tom left, her mouth opening, "W-wait!" But it was too far gone, and her ears flattened. She couldnt go off chasing him now, and she was worried about how the leader and deputy were doing." 

--

June 7, 2018 at 10:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask shifted her yellow gaze, ignoring the smile that tugged at her permanently downward-turned lips. "Medicine cat got him, I assume he's resting too. Or doing your job," she said shortly. She leaned forward and snatched a reed stalk out from Risingstar's chest before settling down, spitting it to bounce across the den floor.

"Why didn't you get your lives, Risingstar?" Frecklemask asked, a surprisingly adept believer in StarClan herself. She hoped the tom's recent face-to-face interactions with death would make him realize his error. She hoped she could get him to change.

--

June 7, 2018 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

Risingstar was suprirsed by the question. Surprised that a cat like Frecklemask believed in such tales, and surprised that she'd bring it up now. He thought about it for a few seconds, and decided to respond seriously- a rare treat with him. "I went to the Moonstone, I did. But it was just a rock, y'know? I don't believe in StarClan, Frecklemask. I know that the clan cats do but... if there was a higher power watching over all of us then what's the point?" The seriousness faded, "and if I had nine lives I'd be reckless- oh believe me this isn't reckless- and I'd end up dead in a week. Flat. Religion in general just... it isn't something I buy." 

--

June 7, 2018 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask was equally surprised by Risingstar's answer. She hadn't ever talked to StarClan directly- never had them walk in her dreams or touched her nose to the moonstone to speak with them. The opportunity had simply never arisen. But Frecklemask had been told by the warriors and elders as a struggling youth in EclipseClan's rat-race that only the most distinct of cats made it to StarClan, and as soon as she'd heard of this ultimate reward she'd decided to aim for it. So she grew, fought, all with the end goal of dying gloriously and making it to StarClan's ranks. She was an outlier, an outside-born cat who believed wholeheartedly in StarClan.

Encouraged by the seriousness Risingstar had displayed before slipping back into his usual antics, the she-cat rolled her intense gaze. Her disfigured voice, ugly from Hollowstar's wrath, broke the silence. "You, reckless?" Frecklemask accused, "You know, I've heard you pride cats came to the clans because of issues from inbreeding. Looking at your behavior, I'd believe it. It's a miracle from StarClan you've made it this far- but I won't press. You're grown, we all come to our own decisions," Frecklemask let herself relax onto her side, enjoying the fact that she could do so without worrying about anyone attacking. Risingstar was indisposed at the moment, nobody was there to see.

--

June 7, 2018 at 11:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"Inbreeding!" Risingstar exclaimed with feigned offense, the grin still stretched whole heartedly across his crimson features. "My dear, Freckles, could a tom as attractive as myself ever come from inbreeding? Usually you do it too much and you end up with all sorts of toes and funny limbs," The grin shifted, lopsided as his emerald gaze ran across her body. 

Frecklemask was likely not a she-cat who was considered traditionally beautiful. She was tall, lanky, with an EclipseClan atmosphere about her that radiated city life. But, by the ancestors, was she still gorgeous. It wasn't the build, wasn't her features. It was the prowess and confidence that she held herself with, the wit to her tongue, and the light to her eyes. The rest was all... details. He realized after a few moments that he was staring and though he gave her an apologetic smile, his gaze did not shift. "I'm going to say this because I don't think you've heard it enough in your life, but you are absolutely breath taking, Frecklemask." A brief pause, before adding, "and you have to believe me, because I don't lie about this sort of thing. Just ask around."

--

June 7, 2018 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask's ears burned, and in the light they obtained a pink tint. She had never had the vain streak in her that necessitated hours of staring at her own reflection in puddles and the glass windowpanes of twoleg city. But she knew what she looked like. A pointed face, angled back, harshly hollow cheekbones. She looked like she'd been underfed her whole life just enough to let every bone show, and then it all just decided to let every bone grow twice as large. It was an unwanted side-effect of Frecklemask's seasons as a drug addict, after she'd become a warrior of EclipseClan. She had come clean for her clan, but it had still affected her. To herself, she was just a face in the masses.

"Aw, gee, thanks," Frecklemask rolled her eyes, "I suppose you told Fencerunner that too, hmm? And that other cat- Stormchaser? I wouldn't be surprised if you had bed Wrinkledface, too, with those compliments. Raincatcher and Randi as well," Frecklemask turned away, feeling rather insulted and small. "Honestly, I've been intimidating and awkward my entire life. Life gets a whole lot simpler when toms aren't seeking to get under your tail."

--

June 8, 2018 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"You wound me, Freckles. Believing I have such shallow intentions," Risingstar said softly, his voice possessing the golden toned charisma that had gotten him so far in life. The crimson coated leader managed to push himself to his feet, and he silently padded to Frecklemask's side. He sat beside her, leaning ever so slightly into her boney side as he fixed his gaze out of the den. "I'm not going to lie, I've had quite a few relationships. That doesn't diminish a single one of them, though. And it doesn't make my compliment a lie..." He trailed off, letting a silence trail between them before he said. 

"Let me explain why you're beautiful, Frecklemask. And you'll know it's not a lie, it's not a play. It's not a one off line that I just use on whoever I feel to get close to them," Because I'm not like that. He didn't seek to manipulate, to control. He liked being close with others, he enjoyed forming relationships, and there was no better way to share a moment, to develop a connection. At its heart it was pure, caring. "Some cats look at their paws, shuffle along. They'd blush and purr- oh the leader of EarthClan even noticed me. But not you. I love the power that you can hold yourself with, the fire that you have, that drive. The way you can walk as though the entire earth should just melt beneath your paws... There's nothing more attractive. You've faced your path so far with bravery and resilience. And as tempting as it is, you've never given up. So, Frecklemask, proud warrior to your core, you are absolutely stunning." 

--

June 8, 2018 at 12:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira
Frecklemask looked up at Risingstar nervously as he came to stand over her, though she didn't move- still she felt unthreatened. Her claws were sharp, her reflexes fast, and this tom seemed the type to not hit a she-cat on principle. She listened to his words from beneath him, staring absently at him as he made his speech. She let the words sink in- confidence, she thought. He likes confidence.

Frecklemask hadn't lain with a tom since her addict days, but she remembered the warmth they always left her with. Waking up in a cold nest in the afterthrows of a night of glory, the memories were fuzzy and nostalgic. She missed them. Romance was behind her- a mate would be uncouth. But a she-cat could enjoy herself, and the rumors were already flying about which she-cats and toms Risingstar had . . . defiled? Making one of them true would hurt nobody.

The spotted she-cat threw caution to the wind, sitting up and leaning up, sticking her muzzle and its hot breath nearer to Risingstar's ear. Her throat barred for him to see, she let her shoulder rub against his. Her eyebrow raised. Her tail was low, its tip waving slightly. By StarClan, she was swooning with the praise, like words of honey dripping from Risingstar's mouth. "It's working," she chimed, imitating his sing-song voice with a whispery lilt of her own.
--

June 8, 2018 at 12:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Littledoe watched the camp and its surroundings with an aura of worry, her ears flattened back. She hadn't heard word on how Risingstar was doing, nor the deputy, and not to mention Lucyan nor the tom that had asked about him had returned. Her paws kneaded the ground. Would things have been better if I hadn't intervened? 

--

June 8, 2018 at 5:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.