Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > EarthClan > EarthClan Camp

Sunken

"Pffft. I wouldn't say I'm unique. You can find tons of me at your local bar -wait, you wouldn't get that reference. Too young. Forgot I'm talking to a fetus." Randi sighed before remembering he'd said something about his own name, "Yeah that's a pretty stupid name too. Guess we're just doomed."

--

June 7, 2018 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"I know what a bar is, I'm not that young. Risingstar used to go to them a lot, so do a couple of other cats in the clan. They always come back smelling like the city and like catnip and... sometimes some other stuff too but I don't know what that smell is," Oddpaw rambled. "But I'm not a fetus, I'm gonna be a warrior pretty soon." 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

June 7, 2018 at 4:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sunken

Randi raised her brows, feigning surprise. "A warrior, eh? Well, then you'll learn what the other smell is pretty soon. Also, bars are stupid, they're not worth your time. They treat she-cats like trash and you don't want to encourage that, do you?"

--

June 7, 2018 at 4:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

Oddpaw gave a vigorous shake of his head at the question. "No, I don't want to treat anyone like that, and I definitely don't want to encourage it!" He paused for a brief second, a frown crinkling his already wrinkled face. "What else can you tell me about bars? And about being a warrior? No one's ever really talked to me about it before."

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

June 7, 2018 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"There's actually someone else who might be better paired up with you for that," Wrinkledface said. The white persian rose to her feet and carefully scoured the camp, eventually locating the charcoal colored bengal near the warrior's den. "Blackpanther!" She called the tom over.

The large and musuclar warrior rose to his feet in one graceful movement and loped over to the pair of she-cats. He was a wall of solid muscle, and it almost seemed as though the earth should quake beneath his massive paws. He dipped his head in greeting of Wrinkledface, though regarded Frecklemask with cool apathy. "What can I help you with?" 

"Frecklemask was told to organize some battle training camps. I figured you might know a thing or two about that."

--

June 7, 2018 at 4:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask's tail-tip twitched as the tom approached, always more comfortable around she-cats. She slipped backwards in her new mindset and wondered if Wrinkledface was trying to make her uncomfortable on purpose, or if she was just dense. She looked to Blackpanther, the cat's purebred stature higher than her own- Frecklemask stubbornly refused to acknowledge it.

"He wanted me to teach some of what I know," she elaborated, "it's probably best to keep it to older apprentices and warriors. Lowers the risk of injuries," she said, staring at Blackpanther. He had been the one to kill Death Rattle, a fact that itched at Frecklemask's throat. *******, she insulted.

--

June 7, 2018 at 5:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"I've done the same in my homeland," Blackpanther rumbled after listening to Frecklemask's words. The coldness of his gaze never changed, nor did the intensity. The tom was one good reason away from ending her, though he remained civilized for now. "Set up battle training camps when the war overwhelmed us. I can assist in arranging them here as well." And keep an eye on you and all of the apprentices you are in contact with. 

"Well, that certainly sounds like a plan then," Wrinkledface commented breezily, not really noticing the tension between the two. Blackpanther was intense with everyone, Frecklemask was rather flighty with everyone. It all seemed normal. 

--

June 7, 2018 at 5:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask nodded, standing, "We can have the first one tonight, in camp, so that anyone who wants to can watch" she said, making sure there were plenty of witnesses in case anybody tried to accuse her of anything, "You and Wrinkledface should spread the word- get them here, and then I'll take care of the rest," she stated with a command of authority, colliding with Blackpanther in the process.

--

June 7, 2018 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"We should leave out the fact that they will be hosted by Frecklemask," Blackpanther made the comment simply, his head inclined towards Wrinkledface as he spoke. "I imagine our apprentices would be less than willing to to attend if they knew that an EclipseClanner was going to be heading them."

--

June 7, 2018 at 5:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Winter got up, forced up from his laying position. He looked to his mate, and tilted his head a bit. What was this? His tail waved slowly, but he went after her out of curiosity. What was going to happen? She was t taking him out on a long journey again, was she? The bulky tom purred though, just happy to be alongside his mate where they were. ?W-Where ?oing?? He asked, and stopped behind her.
--

June 7, 2018 at 8:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

Fallen Birch peered out from the den, her eyes wide. She had heard the whispers. A cat had returned. The whispers weren't overwhelmingly nice, but it was true. Ash was back. Bursting out, Fallen's joy quickly burst out of her as she yelled, "Mom? Is that you?" She pounded forward until she was between them and the entrance, her pelt smoothed down recently as if she had prepared for this encounter. Fallen dipped her head submissively, hoping she wouldn't get in trouble for interrupting her mother. "I missed you so much!" She breathed, the idea of her mother in her head taking full shape.

--

Showing empathy towards people and things, both real and imagined, isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of being human.

June 7, 2018 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask closed her eyes for a tense moment, "Would you like to talk about it, Blackpanther?" Frecklemask said, confronting the obvious friction between the two cats as the fur on her hackles stood up straight. Her ears were back and aggression threatened to sweep into the encounter.

Ash purred as she prepared to respond to Winter, only to be interrupted by Fallen Birch's dark tabby form. The she-cat's presence was noted by Ash- she knew that one way or another, her kits would approach her. But she still hadn't told Winter about them, and she hoped that he wouldn't connect the dots- Fallen Birch was the one kit that looked so much like her.

Ash looked down on the apprentice in front of her, screwing up her nose the way she imagined Spark would want her to. She was not going to claim Fallen Birch, no matter what the cat said. It was a vindictive joy, but she never wanted her. Didn't intend to indulge in fantasies of being a great mother to the kits she had abandoned. They weren't hers, they were Spark's. Nothing else had to be said.

"I'm not your mom," Ash said stoicly, her bobtail giving an impatient swish.

--

June 7, 2018 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

Fallen blinked, unsure of how to react. Her ears flattened. What did she mean? Of course Ash was her mom! She clearly remember little bits of that early childhood time. There was no way Ash wasn't her mom! Did she just not want her? Fallen took an awkward step forward, wanting to close the gap between them but unsure as to if she really could. "W...why...?" She murmured, faltering, "I-I...I'm your daughter! Look at us!" Her eyes shimmered, and she knew she wouldn't take it well if this moment of happiness was denied to her.

--

Showing empathy towards people and things, both real and imagined, isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of being human.

June 7, 2018 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"Talk about what, exactly?" Blackpanther returned calmly as his pale green gaze was turned to Frecklemask once more. His face was impassive, seemed to be made of stone almost. If Frecklemask wished to escalate the situation, he would gladly take part. 

--

June 7, 2018 at 9:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask flicked her tail, "Why you look at me like that," she stirred the pot expertly, just enough not to be blamed for this if Wrinkledface decided to intervene. "Why everybody looks at me like that. Risingstar trusts me, why don't you?"

--

June 7, 2018 at 9:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Littledoe padded into camp with Risingstar and Glasswind by her sides, her eyes frantically looking about. "Where is the medicine cat?" She called out worriedly, terrified of this new place, and for toms beside her.

--

"How can I protect you from the wolves, if I don't have any teeth?" - Toxicmamba to Jade

June 7, 2018 at 9:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Winter padded forward, trying to make out what they were saying. He whined a bit, and padded inbetween the two she-cats. He grumbled as his ears pulled back. ?D-D-Do not t-touch Ash.? He mewed, weakly. He was still trying though, trying to protect his mate from this intruder. There was a lot he had to try on, though. He nudged Fallen back with his broad muzzle, and his tail moved to comfort Ash.
--

June 7, 2018 at 9:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"I'll trust you when you prove that you are worthy of trust," Blackpanther replied evenly. "Until that day, you can expect to see the rest of the clan regarding you in a similar way. These battle camps you want to set up.... they're a good first step." It was not all doom and gloom with Blackpanther, only mostly. She had potential and hope for her still existed. She just needed to rise to the occasion, and he'd be watching her like a hawk until she did. 

"Alright, ladies. Settle down," Wrinkledface interjected. "Panther, go spread the word and stop poking bears, alright? Shoo," She managed to drive the much larger, much more muscular warrior from the group, and he headed off to a different side of the camp.

Risingstar staggered into the camp with the help of Littledoe and collapsed only a few feet through the entrance. His head sagged, his eyes closed, and he let the darkness overtake him.

--

June 7, 2018 at 9:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask watched as Blackpanther sauntered off, her nose scrunched up as the truth of his words settled in. He was about to retort to Wrinkledface- she had a few ideas where Blackpanther could shove his trust. But she was unable to speak before Risingstar limped in and collapsed.

The she-cat rushed over, not taking too lightly that the tom that had welcomed her here and given her every opportunity to succeed was now sleeping from blood-loss. She eyed Littledoe suspiciously, stepping between her and the leader, "Step to the middle of camp and stay there until someone comes to get you," she threatened, "do not try and leave."

She didn't' trust the stranger but wasn't ready to fight as she looked left and right, leaning down to grasp Risingstar's scruff, dragging him to the medicine cat's den. He stunk of MoonClan and so did Littledoe- she wondered if the tiny she-cat had done this. She didn't look intimidating.

Ash let herself step back to be shoulder-to-shoulder with Winter, glad he hadn't connected the dots- there was plenty of time for that. In a parallel universe. She glared down at her daughter, "I don't have kits," she said, "scram, kid."

--

June 7, 2018 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

Risingstar's eyes flickered open as he was being dragged through the dirt and muck of EarthClan. The world around him remained hazy, but he was able to work out the silhouette of moving limbs. He could also feel something on his scruff. Was he being... dragged? The tom's brow furrowed, but he couldn't so much as cry out in surprise. So he laid there like dead weight and allowed Frecklemask to take him to the safety of the medicine cat den.

Blackpanther rushed over the second he saw his friend enter the camp in such terrible condition. He dug his claws into the earth to grind himself to a halt, realizing that Frecklemask had already moved to help him. Instead, he turned to Littledoe and Glasswind. "What happened?"

--

June 7, 2018 at 9:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.