Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > EarthClan > EarthClan Camp

Inky
Winter grumbled, and got up. His tail lashed as he bushed out his already thick pelt, and he pulled his lips back. ¬?Give back Ash! No f-f-funny!¬? He went after her, his belly growling for the rest of his meal. Of course he could wait, but now was not the time. His life was being put on hold because of this meal! His eyes turned to slits, and he looked down upon her once he stood in front of her. ¬?Give.¬? He said slowly, trying to make sure she heard him. If she hadn¬?t given it back by now, then she musta been just as dead as he was!
--

June 6, 2018 at 8:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Ash spotted that Winter didn't think her play was funny and dropped it, but not before noticing his speech. She hummed, walking forward and bashfully dropping his vole. The silent movie was compelling as she plopped down next to him to watch him eat, intent to take whatever he didn't finish.

"Sorry," she said, the world flipped upside down as she laid on her back, white belly exposed to him. It was there that the flaps from her pregnancy showed, an aspect of her body she could usually hide. She didn't notice- her face was too focused on Winter's. Her lips were turned in a lopsided smirk and her heart did soumersaults.

--

June 6, 2018 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Winter dug in, his belly happy from the meal he had received back from his mate. He finished it, and shut his eyes. He turned over onto his side, grumbling. ¬?Too much...¬? He mewed, licking his lips to clean them off. He still didn¬?t feel content though, with food and his mate by his side. What was wrong? He sighed, and stared up at the blue, leafbare sky.
--

June 6, 2018 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Following Winter's gaze, Ash's gold eyes traced the imaginary line up to a cloud. Ash's eyes criticised it closely, twisting her head once and screwing her nose up, its shape vaguely familiar yet conceptually challenging. She followed its soft contours, until finally the soft, wispy contours of a feather were lined in her vision.

Ash rolled over, a frown crossing her face. Her tribemates had brought feathers to line her nest when her litter had been born- that litter of mistakes. It reminded Ash of kit-scent and milk. It visibly upset Ash, and she nestled into Winter's chest-fur.

"I wish I hadn't messed up," she confessed to him, knowing full well he couldn't hear.

--

June 6, 2018 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Winter hasn¬?t heard at all. His eyes had closed and his ears were down, so it was visible he was in his own world. His thoughts were images, not accompanied by sound. No birdsog, no rush of a river, not even the crunching of snow beneath his paws. Only pictures, pulled from the depths of his mind. Frame by frame, standing over that mountain he knew so well. Once he felt Ash next to him, he purred and snuggled in. This mess of a She-cat, this one that had killed Stoneteller, was his. And he was proud of her. So proud, the kind of proud a leader had for their clan. She was his, and that was all that mattered.
--

June 6, 2018 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Ash stirred, realizing she had been about to doze off into dreamland. She blinked, and then rolled over and laid face-to-face with Winter in the morning laziness. The sky stretched above them, and Ash let no voice come from her mouth as her and Winter had a silent conversation. All practice. Ash was determined to have Winter read lips- he was doing great so far.

"What do you think so far?" she asked, only her lips moving in slow, harsh movements.

--

June 6, 2018 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Winter dipped his head forward, snuggling his face into her chest. The soft fur brushed against his nose, and that deep scent of her burned. His eyes closed, and his paw reached around to hold her close. He shrugged at her question, not really caring to answer, or read. It wasn¬?t anything TOO special here, just more diplomatic. There was quite a lot more drama as well. That made him shrug his broad shoulders too.
--

June 6, 2018 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"Yeah well... life seems to have a sense of humor that way, doesn't it?" Wrinkledface said with a soft snort. Her tone made it clear that she wasn't about to take pity on Frecklemask for her difficult past. If Frecklemask was looking for sympathy she had come to the wrong puff ball, and she imagined that the former EclipseClan dpeuty already knew that. 

"Works you over as hard as it can, leaves you beaten in the road, and in the end it's gonna kill you cruel and nasty anyway. At least you didn't end up a SunClan grown and raised rabbit herder. The lot don't have an entire backbone between them. Least you're tough. Sandstar isn't."

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

June 7, 2018 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask laughed, an honest laugh, glad that Wrinkledface saw the same humor in the situation that she herself did. Sad backstories were a dime a dozen, each crafted to be tearjerking, it seemed. Hers was no different from what she imagined Wrinkledface's to be.

"And yourself?" she said, settling down at last as the chuckles subsided.

Ash sat up and looked over Winter, rasping a paw over her whiskers. "You don't like it . . ." she said, forcing herself not to turn her face away, knowing he wouldn't be able to tell what she was saying in the slightest if she did.

--

June 7, 2018 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Winter turned his head, feeling the vibrations of her mew. He purred at her and began to groom along her face. It was soft, and loving, very against him. He did not care for giving affection, but receiving he didn¬?t mind. The large tom looked down at his mate. ¬?Hap-p-py.¬? He mewed softly, sill trying to get over his stuttering.
--

June 7, 2018 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"I'm afraid there's not as much to tell. Rather boring, nuclear family story. Both my parents were persians, ugly as rats, and only managed to pop out a single living kit. Grew up in EarthClan, kept my head down and worked hard. Shortly after I was made a warrior Brokenstar appointed me as deputy. Then I was captured by a MoonClan patrol and you're all caught up from there," Wrinkledface almost seemed bored as she recounted the events of her life. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

June 7, 2018 at 2:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sunken
Randi padded over to the fresh kill pile, ignoring the world around her. She'd managed to become a loner, having little interest in the cats around her. All she could think about in that silence was the love she'd left in the city. She stared down at the dead animals before her, suddenly not feeling hungry but instead, slightly nauseous.
--

June 7, 2018 at 3:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

Oddpaw had also been making his way to the fresh kill pile, and his tilted head caused him to lose balance for a brief second. He bumped into Randi and instantly recoiled, his blue eyes wide, "Ahhh! Sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you," The tom said in his rather high pitched voice. 

--

June 7, 2018 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Ash smiled, "Happy," she repeated with a nod. They were happy. They would be happy. Nobody would destroy the careful peace Ash had cultivated.

Ash felt the endorphins before she knew they were there, the touch of her mate gentle and soothing. She let out a chuckle as she leaned forward, nudging Winter to his feet, motioning towards the territory. StarClan, what was she doing? Was she truly ready? Erebus' face flashed in her mind, but he was gone. The last time she'd seen him, she'd ran- he thought she was still gone from the clans. But Winter was here to protect her now, and Ash wanted to show him just how much he meant to her. Besides, he still had the option to say no. Their understanding of each-other went beyond words. They were on the same wavelength.

She shrugged towards the entrance, letting Winter have the option to follow. The sunlight beat down on the white cat and her silver head glowed in the snow-bright landscape.

Frecklemask nodded, a simple contentedness overcoming her. This change was for the best, she was sure now. "Hey, it makes you relatable," she shrugged, and before she'd thought about her next sentence, it ripped forth from her. "Say, do you want to organize the training patrols with me? Risingstar- he told me to make myself useful, do what I was good at. I'm good at fighting, and between my experience and your knowledge of these cats, it might go a little smoother," Plus they trust you more.

--

June 7, 2018 at 3:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sunken

Randi snapped out of her mental rainstorm and turned to see a younger cat spewing words that she was pretty sure she didn't give a rats tushie about. "Chill, dude. Eyes are optional things to use. I don't even know why we have them."

--

June 7, 2018 at 3:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"Well..." Oddpaw began his reply, trying to actually respond to the scenario that she had posed. "because I imagine it'd all be pretty dark, and we'd probably bump in to lots of stuff so we'd all have bruises everywhere. That wouldn't be good. And you wouldn't get to see color! Like on a butterfly's wings. Wouldn't ya miss that? I would. I'd miss seeing the sunrise and the sunset too, because everything gets very orange and red... and it's just pretty. I just like to sit and look at things sometimes, 'cause it's calming. But if we were all blind there'd be nothing to stare at."

--

June 7, 2018 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sunken

Randi couldn't decide whether she was annoyed or absolutely charmed by the cat. "I didn't mean literaly, but sure, kid. I agree." She chuckled, beginning to feel a little better. "What's your name, darlin'?"

--

June 7, 2018 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"Oddpaw!" The flame point himalayan chirped, a grin taking over his crooked features. His fluffy tail wiggled in the air before he plopped himself down on his haunches. "What's your name?"

--

June 7, 2018 at 3:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sunken

"Randi. Isn't it terrible? Who names there kid Randi?" She scoffed, eyeing the cat as he took a seat. Oh, okay, this is officially a conversation now. 

--

June 7, 2018 at 3:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"Who names their kid Oddkit?" Oddpaw replied in a happy-go-lucky tone. His eyes were bright and he had a glimmer of laughter to his voice as he responded. "I think Randi's a pretty name. It's unique and you're unique, so it fits."

--

June 7, 2018 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.