Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > EarthClan > EarthClan Camp

Spark

Eagle's Throat looked up when the two cats approached him and he was a little shocked on how big they were. "'m not playing, I'm training for when I become an apprentice! I'm praticing stalking an eagle, because I want to catch one when I get older!"

June 5, 2018 at 1:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Twitch
Mistpaw's eyes widened when he mentioned that "an eagle?" He asked, excited and intrigued "that's so cool! How do you catch an eagle? My mom said they're too fast!" He gasped excitedly and sat beside eagle's throat, paws stamping lightly in the grass "man that would be so cool to see! Wouldn't it bearclaw?" He asked, turning to his elder brother who simply gave a chuckle "it would be impressive, I didn't think eagles flew near this part of the territories." He admitted "maybe I just haven't seen one."
June 5, 2018 at 1:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Spark

"I've seen them! They sometimes swoop down and catch fish." Eagle's Throat replied to the two cats, excitement drumming through his viens. He was going to keep the tradition of the tribes going, even if he wasn't there. "My uncle is from the tribes and they used to catch eagles and other large birds for food. I want to do that too!"

June 5, 2018 at 1:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Twitch
"Thats-thats amazing!" Mistpaw gasped, his thick fur puffing out even more, making him look like a dust ball in the process "our mom has killed two badgers! But badgers..can't exactly fly." He hummed "maybe after you catch one, you can teach me!" He suggested with a grin "my mom would be so proud of me if I caught an eagle!"
June 5, 2018 at 1:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

The next morning, Ash of Dying Ember was up with the chickens, but oddly didn't move. She was too warm, too secure, too at home in her reedy nest with Winter by her side to do much else. It was a hard feeling to describe, but everything seemed . . . nostalgically beautiful. The way the air was cold and crisp, but still warmer than the mountain spring. The specific allowance of the sunlight as it made clear shadows in the miregrass.

She sighed, but knew she had to rise eventually. She touched her nose to her beloved's head and then exited, the small she-cat wondering if the leaders were back yet.

Magpie Song watched Eagle's Throat and Mistpaw play, the queen crossing her white paws and tilting her small head. She sighed, beginning to feel the pull of maternal nesting as she aged into her middle years. She knew it was a bad idea- and it wasn't like she hadn't nursed the kits in the nursery when the queens needed a rest, but- still, she wondered.

--

June 5, 2018 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"My mother was a blunt woman. I like to think I inherited my best qualities from her. Unfortunately I also inherited the physical characteristics," Wrinkledface replied with dry amusement. She proved time and time again that she did not fear a little self deprecating humor. She despised cats who took every aspect of themselves too seriously. "Oddpaw had the head tilt. Considering my entire litter is composed of squished faced, blue-eyed, colorpoints I would say that the titl makes for the oddest feature in the bunch."

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

June 6, 2018 at 12:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask played off of Wrinkledface's satirical tone, thinking back as a blue-eyed kit staring up at her mother as she carried Sandstar to SunClan. What a confusing time- Frecklekit remembered desperately trying to follow but being unable to keep up. I'll come back for you . . . lies.

"I suppose my mom probably got bitten by fleas so many times, they turned to freckles and passed on to me," she said with a chuckle, dry, "she called me Speckle though. And Sandstar's kit-name was Dust," she unsurely crossed the river towards the other side, having not acknowledged her brother's relation to her since the last gathering. She was unaware of him stepping down and still didn't know quite how she felt about his many offers to join SunClan. Not that they were still pending- he'd made it quite clear that he didn't want her anywhere near his clan after her exile. Nobody wanted her anymore.

--

June 6, 2018 at 12:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Spark

Spark of Young Flame glanced around camp nervously. He had spoken to his mate about having more kits and the two had agreed among themselves that it would be a good thing to do, since all there kits were grown up and out of the nursey. He glanced over at Magpie Song before approaching her carefully. "Uh.. Magpie.. can I talk to you about something?"

//

Eagle's Throat puffed out his chest proudly, gazing at his new friends with confident eyes. "Of course! I promise you when I get my first eagle kill, that I'll not even teach you guys how to catch one, but I'll share it with you as well! How does that sound?"

June 6, 2018 at 12:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Magpie Song blinked as she turned to Spark, having not spoken to a tom since Honorpaw's intrusion on the nursery earlier in the day. She flicked an ear, wondering if this is what Spark wanted to speak to her about. She stood, evasive urges trickling into her paws. She looked slightly panicked, but too scared to move.

"Yes?"

--

June 6, 2018 at 12:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Spark

"I was wondering... well your going to think this is weird... but um.. my mate and I can't have kits and well we really want some. We need a surrogate basically and we were going to ask you if you could do it." Spark meowed nervously towards the she-cat, shuffling his paws. She's going to think I'm crazy. I mean gay relationships were aganist our tribes rules... maybe the pride cats were different?

"Anyways. We thought you'd be best because your not from the clans either and we felt a bit of kinship because of that. If you don't want to do, it's good."

June 6, 2018 at 1:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Magpie Song looked at the tom, his request struggling to grind in the gears of her simple-minded brain. Magpie Song was slightly dumb, stunted from her childhood trauma, but she registered it soon enough. For StarClan's sake, she had just been reminiscing about kits of her own. And if she could do it for someone else, to bring them the joy she knew she would never be good at, then what could go wrong?

The tuxedo she-cat nodded furiously, "Yes," she said quickly, standing, her tail-tip twitching and whiskers spreading with glee. She could help, be useful, and the kinship she felt to Spark from an outsider's perspective- it was a powerful motivation. Turmoil in her mind pointed to simple decisions.

"I mean," she said bashfully, looking away momentarily, casting her green eyes up from beneath deep brows, "If you really think I'm the best choice? I'm small- not the best at anything. not anything special," she thought of Risingstar. The two were supposed to be mates once Maggie had been old enough, but- well, the clans had gotten in the way. She had always felt insignificant next to the tom, especially now, as he led the clan, having affairs with everyone. He was so desirable, Magpie Song was . . . not.

--

June 6, 2018 at 1:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"Why don't you tell me your story, Frecklemask?" Wrinkledface suggested at the mention of the she-cat's brother. "All of the clans know that the two of you are related, but how did you end up with different names and in completely different clans?" 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

June 6, 2018 at 11:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Winter awoke, his very blue eyes glancing across the den. Ash was gone, and it made him panic in the slightest. He stood up, and ducked out of the warriors den. His eyes glanced around the camp in a panicky fashion, and he began to pad around to try and look.
--

June 6, 2018 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask threw her head back, grinning madly at Wrinkledface, "My, you sure know which rocks to turn over. I'll share- though I do hope you'll return the favor," she said, shaking out her short pelt.

"Our mother was about as ugly a she-cat as you could find- she had my body, tall and thin- but she looked more like Sandstar in the coat. Had his eyes, too, I think. It's hard to remember that far back," she said, "We were a few weeks old- my eyes had just opened and then Sandstar's did a few days later. We were born in a forest somewhere- and we were doing fine, until something happened. Might've been a fire, might've been dogs- I can't remember, but our mother tried to move us. But she was trying to carry both of us at one time, and she couldn't manage it. So she dropped me- tucked me underneath a tree root and said she'd come back for me. I don't know if she meant it, or if she just . . . was saying it to comfort me," she said, not able to meet Wrinkledface's eyes.

"Sandstar filled me in on the rest- apparently she ran to SunClan, and then died- or ran away, he was cryptic about it. And so he was welcomed into SunClan as a potential warrior, and I became a rogue for a few weeks before EclipseClan took notice of the scrap of fur that kept trying to steal food. They didn't think I'd make it to my warrior ceremony- kept pitting me against older apprentices. Sparring practice, that's all I was. But I fought hard. And I survived. Prospered. In EclipseClan- it's so different. None of this unstructured days and untrained warriors. Everyone has to be strong, or we all die."

"It's unfair- Sandstar got love and attention and a meal every night. I had to fight for every scrap, and you can see it between the two of us. It's like- StarClan wanted me to fight harder to get everything. Makes me angry- I was so close to becoming the leader EclispeClan needs, and then whoever's designing all this decided it had a sense of ******* humor, and Hollowstar exiled me. Put that Fence ***** in my place," Frecklemask almost bit, and when she lifted up her paws from the earth beneath her, there were dark scores where her claws had dug holes.

Ash of Dying Ember spotted Winter's white head peek from the warrior's den and approached quickly to calm him, brushing up against his shoulder from the side just in case he didn't see her coming. "I'm here," she said once she was in his site, "Sorry- I thought I'd let you sleep a little longer."

--

June 6, 2018 at 4:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Winter relaxed a bit, but it still made him angry that she left him alone in the cold world that he had been introduced to. War, glory, government? What place had Ash brought him to? He was silent though, letting his thoughts run through his brain and rush into any place that was unoccupied. His tail curled with dissatisfaction, and his eyes gazed upon Ash¬?s head. ¬?Food.¬? He managed to get out, trying to make it sound like the word as best he could.
--

June 6, 2018 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

(Oof Inky, "war, glory, government" - speaks to me on an emotional level.)

Ash looked at him for a second, realizing he was trying to say 'food'. StarClan, she didn't know how she'd managed to fall in love with him. She was trying to help him speak clearer, to learn words faster. Nobody before her had ever taken the time. She nodded and led him to the fresh-kill pile, where voles, mice, birds, and especially frogs and fish dominated. It had a very peculiar odor, but Ash stepped in front of him before he could pick out their breakfast.

"Fresh-kill," she enunciated, especially the fs. Winter had the most trouble with the f phonic.

--

June 6, 2018 at 7:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
(Mhm. Me too.) Winter pulled his bottom lip in, and pinned his ears back. ¬?Presh...k-k-kill...¬? He mewed back, looking forward at the pile. It was hard to repeat, but he tried very hard. His eyes gazed over the pile, and he found the vole appealing. He pulled it out, and his tail waved behind him as he padded away. He found a shady spot, much like one in a cave, and laid down to eat his meal.
--

June 6, 2018 at 7:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Ash's gray bobbed tail flicked but she rolled her eyes to follow Winter. She placed a paw over his meal before he could get a chance to bite into it, a playful smile on her face. "Close!" she said with a smile, "ffffffresh- kill," she said it slower, blowing gently on his face during the soft vowels to help him recognize their form on his own tongue. She knew it wouldn't be perfect, but he was already behind in clan-life. She didn't want anybody taking advantage of him here.

She smiled, waiting for him to repeat it back- and then, she would teach him 'vole'.

--

June 6, 2018 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Winter scrunched up his nose, and turned his head away. This was already too many words for right now. It was time for breakfast, and Ash had to understand that. His head turned back down, and he moved her small paws off his meal. He bit into it, and the warm taste of the kill flooded his mouth. His frosty blue eyes closed, and his tail curled happily as he ignored his mate¬?s speech therapy. Speech therapy was for ~losers~.
--

June 6, 2018 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Ash of Dying Ember leaned down, feigning like she was going to groom her mate's forehead. She even went so far as to close her golden eyes and rasp her tongue over his whiskers lovingly. But it was all a ploy- the two-faced she-cat reached with her paw while her boyfriend was distracted, pulling his meal away and then retrieving it with her teeth, jumping away with a dirt-eating grin.

She winked at him- StarClan, she loved the way his eyes sparkled, his ears still twitched despite their unhearing, unknowing deafness. Ash was an opportunistic cat, and she had to admit that part of the draw of Winter was that he wouldn't be able to hear the terrible things cats whispered about Ash herself. Kit-killer and terrible mom were just a few of what she was sure was being spread- but Ash was being a good little girl. She kept her distance from her kits- even refusing to acknowledge Eagle's Throat, who talked to Mistpaw not halfway across camp. It left her with a wicked sense of vindictiveness.

You are no more my kits than Winter is, she thought, hiding her unwholesome thoughts behind a coy smile and playful body language. The entire camp would be forced to watch her flirt.

--

June 6, 2018 at 8:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.