Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > EarthClan > EarthClan Camp

Kamira

Frecklemask halted quickly as Wrinkledface approached, the she-cat looking on her friend from moons of imprisonment in MoonClan's medicine cat den. The Persian's wounds were healed now, Frecklemask noticed, and so were her own. But the effects they'd left her with were . . . transcending.

The freckled cat dipped her head, changing course to approach. She had more of a scruple with Wrinkledface than she would've liked to admit- scarring her son, for one. And taking advantage of her to escape.

"Indeed," she said, struggling to downplay her superiority complex as something to be thrown into the garbage. That was, of course, before she realized the look in Wrinkledface's eyes, and realized the rumors were most likely already circulating. "Oh no, I- we, we didn't," Frecklemask snatched the words from a stammering voice, "You know what? I don't have to prove anything to you," she said with a soft smile. "How's life been, Wrinkledface?"

--

June 3, 2018 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"I can't judge you too harshly, even say you had done something, you'd be far from the first sensible she-cat to do so," Wrinkledface responded, mostly covering for the fact that she had made such ill informed choices in the past. She didn't know if any rumors had accompanied the incident, but there were smirks shot in the direction of anyone who left the camp alone with Risingstar. 

"It's been life. Returned to a clan where the leader was replaced as was the deputy," She said smoothly, having since made peace with the entire ordeal. "Kits are apprentices now and I'm doing my best to make sure Risingstar and Glasswind don't lose their heads." 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

June 3, 2018 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask actually pricked her ears forward to listen, letting Wrinkledface tell her tale. She knew a thing or two about being a disgraced deputy. Though her ejection from her position had been much more . . . violent. And self-facilitated. She had heard of Wrinkledface's plight, and the amount of sympathy she had ran deeper than 'she deserved it'. It was personal.

The harsh Frecklemask sat down, looking at her paws, knowing she would have to bring up Oddpaw soon but unsure of when. "I can't say I agree with either of them being leader," she said with a sly bite, yellow eyes gauging Yellowfang's reaction carefully. Looking into it, they were both ugly in their own way. Kindred spirits. "I don't know how you're able to stand watching them- knowing that's where you should be," she admitted.

--

June 3, 2018 at 7:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

(Yellowfang?) 

"Mmm... as incompetent as he can be, Risingstar is the leader that this clan deserves, the one it needs," Wrinkledface said, turning her gaze out towards the entrance of the camp. "He's flawed, of course, irreparably so but he's good. Pure. I think we need a leader like that in war time. You know-," her gaze shifted back towards Frecklemask as she continued the story, eyes shining as she recalled the adventure out into the city, "he tore across all of EarthClan's territory and went right into EclipseClan territory without a second thought because he heard someone screaming in sheer terror and pain. Didn't stop, didn't think. Plunged right into that yard too, and yanked the kit from the jaws of a dog. He's a good cat, good leader. Just young. Young and stupid. Bright side is he's willing to listen and that's all I can really ask."

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

June 3, 2018 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

(oof.)

Frecklemask felt a pang- all these qualities Wrinkledface adored were so lacking in herself. She was not compassionate, or selfless, or pure. She was a former drug addict turned deputy who'd bullied her way into position- but what else could an EclipseClan cat do? EclipseClan wasn't EarthClan- the same cat that would lead EarthClan was so very different from EclipseClan.

Frecklemask tried to remember that as she continued. "Yeah, he listens alright," she sighed, thinking back on his suggestions. Join a patrol . . ."When that 'king of the molehill' apprentice ran me out, he heard me walking. That's how he found me. He heard me," Frecklemask couldn't help but dryly laugh.

Green met yellow again, and Frecklemask was compelled to speak her truth by the knowing presence she saw there. Frecklemask had never known a mother, but Wrinkledface was what she'd imagined her to be like. "Look, about your son," she began, "I didn't mean to scar him. Whole thing was a mess- I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry."

--

June 3, 2018 at 10:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Spark

"Y-You don't even have any kits! You shouldn't be allowed in there by your logic then! You shouldn't discriminate me because I look like this! I didn't get asked to be mauled by a fox when I was a kit! Your the monster for not letting me see my siblings when they've seen me like this before!" Honorpaw yelled, a couple of tears running down his good eye. I can't believe she's treating me like this! The nerve!

June 3, 2018 at 11:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Magpie Song shouted, "I have milk, that means I'm a queen!" Magpie Song shouted back, watching the tom as he backpedaled. "All you're doing is keeping me busy! Maybe if you were a little more considerate, you'd think about coming back later," she raised a paw, swiping at Honorpaw's good eye, the queen agitated and now considering herself the guardian of the nursery. She was aware of how ridiculous she was being, but couldn't shake the fact that she'd told him to leave three times now. "I don't care how you're related to them. Leave!"

--

June 4, 2018 at 12:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Twitch
Bearclaw and mistpaw had just returned from an evening hunt, the two brothers talking and laughing amongst themselves as their large forms moved through the camp. It was hard to forget which family these two came from, the trio, including their mother Wolfscar, were some of the biggest, if not the biggest cats in the clan. However their size did not match their personality, both toms were well mannered, polite and respectful young men. Eager to help others, and not shy when it came to helping kits play their games. Bearclaw was a gentle giant, often kits liked to play in his long fur, while mistpaw was diligent and over the top in his apprentice duties, a more talkitive cat than the others in his family.
June 4, 2018 at 2:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Spark

"A queen wouldn't treat someone like this. Your the weird one." Honorpaw growled, baring his teeth at the queen, ready to snap at any moment. With agile paws, he raced towards her, till they were nose to nose, before he knocked her to the ground with his shoulder. "Your the monster. I will see them."

//

Eagle's Throat was playing with some moss, having placed it in the middle of the camp and was pretending it was a eagle. He was going to catch one, he swore to it. I'm going to be as cool as my uncle! I'll make sure we keep the traditions of our tribe keep going. If I catch an eagle, they'll make me the deputy for sure! With a small yowl, he pounced on the moss. 

June 4, 2018 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Twitch
Mistpaw watched Eagle play with the moss, while he was considerably larger than his clanmate, sometimes he still liked the play games from when he was a kit. "Hey eagle's throat!" He called, happily trotting over, his thick fur adding an innocent and adorable roundness to his face that made most cats happy to see him "what are you playing? It looks fun! Mind if I join too?"
June 4, 2018 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Magpie Song looked up from where her nose had hit the dust, the small queen had rage on her face. From her warped angle, she watched Honorpaw's ginger tail-tip as it entered the nursery, her protective domain. The queen watched, green eyes slowly and unsteadily blinking, and she looked inward. Why was she acting like this? Why was she trying so hard to keep him out?

It made no sense- her behavior, Honorpaw was . . . was just trying to see his siblings. His face was . . . unfortunate, but Magpie Song had seen worse. She stood unsteadily, white paws spread with dust, and she thought back on her past. She refused to confront what she found there and the queen stalked away, head between her shoulder blades. She realized vaguely that it was because she herself had not visited her own siblings while in the nursery.

Ash of Dying Ember entered EarthClan's camp with a sidelong glance and suspiciously shifting golden eyes. The she-cat was wary of her brother's presence and refused to calm down until she knew exactly where he was and if he would attack. She remembered her promise not to talk to any of her kits or Spark's various other menagerie of collected kits unless they approached her first. She looked back at Winter once she felt the coast was clear.

"It's safe," she mouthed slowly to him, her exhausted paws feeling like they would fall off from the long trek from the mountains. Nearly a week's walk with very little rest, and the two cats were here at last. Ash couldn't wait to show him how clan-cats lived, and to introduce him to her friends. She looked around, looking for Rowanblossom- her mate before all this had occurred. She used the term mate loosely, of course- the two were at the most very close friends, but . . . she missed her. And wanted her to know that she was okay after all the time she'd been gone.

--

June 4, 2018 at 11:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"Oddpaw told me what happened," Wrinkledface replied without malice in her voice. In fact it was lacking of almost any emotion whatsoever. "It's not as though he's a kitten, and he made his decision. You also made yours, and gave him fair warning. He understood the consequences before he chose not to strike back. Now, believe me," A small snort of amusement escaped the persian's short maw, "if that situtaion had unfolded differently, I would have ripped your face from your skull the second you returned to the camp." In her mind, if Oddpaw had been so greatly concerned about being injured by the paw of Frecklemask, he would have done as asked. Instead he willfully did the opposite. It had hurt him, but in the long run he was better off for it. It was a better life lesson than she could ever teach him with her own paws. 

--

June 4, 2018 at 11:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask listened to her explanation. Her arrogance told her she could beat Wrinkledface in a fight and she let out a mrow of laughter at the thought of the two of them dueling, Oddpaw looking on in awe in the background of the mental painting. "He's an interesting cat," she echoed, "If anything, you named him accurately. Seems to run in the family, no? I'm sure Wrinkledpaw was just the same."

--

June 5, 2018 at 12:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Unsteady on flat ground, Winter padded in beside Ash. His ears stayed in place, motionless, not swiveling. His eyes rushed across everything, and he took in the sight of the camp. Safe. He glanced to Ash¬?s mouth once again, his broad shoulders pulling back as he nodded. Nothing was different here, it was just the same as the mountains. He just had to adjust, and work his way up through the ranks. Or was he already at a good rank?
--

June 5, 2018 at 1:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Ash leaned forward and bounced up to be able to lick the top of Winter's head, her mate's white head contrasting her silver tabby points. "You'll do fine," she said slowly, nodding towards the warrior's den. She'd surprise whoever was in charge a little bit later. Right now, the she-cat wanted to introduce the tom to the reedy den and then drift off to sleep next to him.

"This is where we sleep- it's a little muddy, but you get used to it. It's like sleeping in the valley, at- at the tribe," she said, leading him in. I'm so glad he came.

--

June 5, 2018 at 1:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
He only picked up the words ¬?Muddy¬? and ¬?Valley¬?. Winter would have to learn to keep up now, with how fast she was talking. He looked to the entrance, where he would usually sit to protect the tribe from incoming danger. ¬?Guard¬?d.¬? He asked, leaning his white head forward and curling his large paws into the muddy ground. They sank down, unlike how they would in the snow. ¬?Stan¬? guard¬?d?¬? He asked, his eyes squinted.
--

June 5, 2018 at 1:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Ash shook her head, one of the few cats that wouldn't be frustrated with Winter's seeming slowness. "No," she confirmed, motioning for him to come join her at the edge of the reedy outcrop. "Sleep for now-" she said, making sure to face him, "Then in the morning, we talk to the leader. Or the deputy. Or whoever is around," she said slowly, beginning to groom the ick from her mostly white fur. She willed Winter to join her.

--

June 5, 2018 at 1:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Winter kept looking toward the entrance, his eyes yearning to sit and watch over. Eventually, he did find comfort in Ash and went andlajd down. His bulky guard body pressed up against hers, and he pressed his chin on her paws. He was rather tired after all. He shut his eyes, but something just seemed to be pulling him away from sleep.
--

June 5, 2018 at 1:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Ash was surprised with the level of cling Winter was displaying, but didn't shy away. It was all new to him, she knew. It had taken Ash quite a while to rid herself of the anxiety and fear that came with leaving her home- and Winter was younger than her.

She purred as he laid his chin on top of her paws, stopping her from grooming the way she'd been before. She dipped her head into his neck, the wordless exchange wholesome. She knew he couldn't hear her, but she still spoke- "Thank you for coming with me."

The she-cat laid down, resting her head on top of his in a double-decker sleeping pile of wholesomeness. The two were a pile of limbs and fur, and it was just the way it was meant to be. Her golden eyes closed, and sleep found her immediately.

--

June 5, 2018 at 2:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Sleep struggled to grasp at Winter¬?s mind and body, the light seeming to overpower the darkness that came with. Light flashed through his mind, filling it with thoughts and much more as he forced himself to go into sleep. He shut his eyes finally, and the life within him him was pulled down into the world of dreams.
--

June 5, 2018 at 7:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.