Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > MoonClan > MoonClan Camp

Shadowstorm
"Morning, Mom!" Elmkit mewed as she gazed up at her mother, her kit-blue eyes filled with love for the cat that took care of her. If only the small kit knew what a mistake her birth had been. She settled into the moss as she prepared to nurse, pressing against Maplekit for company.
--
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen. - Luke 24:5-6
June 21, 2018 at 12:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DDcat
Caramelkit who by now learned how to speak better, yawned and stretched she was so tiny compared to her little brothers and sister. The kit looked at her siblings with affection before looking up at her mother "good morning" she meowed in a lower tone voice, she didnt want to wake her other sleeping siblings.
June 21, 2018 at 12:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Softlullaby purred, stretching out and looking at Caramelkit, who was a week or two older than her own babies. She was malnourished, Softlullaby thought as she watched the small she, who would do such a thing . . .

She licked Elm's dark fur a few more times to a sheen of black before moving on to Mallowkit, whose lykoi fur was scraggly and gross in Softlullaby's mouth. She loved the little she and her brother- actually her nephew - Vervainkit, who also had the strange fur. But by StarClan, her face made her want to look away. It was the big eyes that made her stay. Her granddaughter was beautiful, Softlullaby would probably die trying to convince herself of that.

"Hungry?" she said to Maplekit, who had already begun to fill up- beating her siblings to the prime dining spot, "Why don't you let Caramelkit be right there, Maple? She's older than you, you know."

Maplekit glared at the white-and-brown kit, who was her sister but . . . not. She begrudgingly let go with a pop, "But I got here first!" she said with a whine. Softlullaby nodded knowingly.

"Sometimes it isn't about who gets their first, but who needs it the most. StarClan would want them to have it instead," she said. Maplekit growled slightly but relented under her mother's hard stare, her masked face angrily contorting as she moved over a little bit. Softlullaby picked Caramelkit up gently and placed her back down with a wink next to her more productive spots.

--

June 21, 2018 at 12:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DDcat

Caramelkits ears slightly fell when her little sister gave her a glare, she didn't know what she did to earn her sister ire, but she made a mental note to apologize for it later. The runt squeaked as she was picked up by her mother and set down in her sister's spot, the kit frowned her sister was right she had gotten there first, it was unfair, even if StarClan would have wanted her to have some. The kit looked up at their mother and smiled "its ok mama I can wait" she meowed "I'm the big sister so I have to look out for everyone else" she meowed hoping to convince her mother, she knew that StarClans word was law but she couldn't help but put her siblings first, it was her job as the oldest.

June 21, 2018 at 1:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Twitch
Pinekit hadn't fed much, his focus more on the tom who occasionally popped in every now and then to check on their growth. Halfmoon already knowing pinekit, maplekit and sassafrasskit were definitely his due to their split face. Pinekit enjoyed his company, though he could sense something else "wheres daddy?" Pinekit asked as his siblings fed, though he frowned when he watched maplekit get denied her dinner "why does carmelkit need to eat first? She's bigger than us, and older." He said rather coldly "maplekit was there first anyway." He huffed, walking over to his clearly irritated sister and gently butting heads with her "don't worry sis I got your back."
June 21, 2018 at 2:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Softlullaby hushed her son without much fanfare, "He's- out," she said simply, "Maplekit, you're growing at a fine rate. Caramelkit hasn't had the same chance as you, she needs it more." She was fine with answering her kit's questions, but a part of her wished that Pinekit's split face didn't look so much like Halfmoon's. She wished the tom would make up his mind- in, or out.

Maplekit looked to Pinekit, mute, her brain chugging as she wondered if he would really go toe-to-toe with their mother to keep her prime nursing spot. She could bank it for later also- which seemed like a better option. The world held greater, grander things for kits than a certain spot in the nest. She walked up and nuzzled her brother, "It's alright- I don't need it," she feigned sweetness the way she'd seen Mallowkit and Caramelkit do it. It didn't come natural, her mvoements were robotic and jerky, but it was just learned behavior. "Caramelkit needs to grow big and stronger so she can protect us . . . right mama?"

Softlullaby startled awake, realizing she'd fallen asleep. She promised to do better- "What? Oh, yes-yes," she had no idea what she was agreeing to.

--

June 21, 2018 at 2:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Orbit

HazelKit shied away from the group, though young, she had alreay started the practice of generousity. HazelKit was still very undefined in her pattern, but she had finally opened her eyes. Blue, as all kits were. While she had heard the answer to Pinekit's question, she asked, "Mommy... when will dad come back?"

--

"If you can't get someone out of your head, maybe they're supposed to be there."

June 21, 2018 at 10:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Flickerwick

Clericpaw yawned, taking in a deep breath of the crisp air. His watering green gaze cut across camp, settling on the nursery. There seemed to be an abundance of kits, born at the wrong time-- perhaps he should check up on them. So, the long-legged apprentice headed towards the den, poking his head through.

"Softlullaby?" He meowed in a hushed tone, flicked his gray ears. Clericpaw took a step into the warmer surroundings, being careful not to step on the squirming bodies. "Are you alright? Do you have any aches?" Remembering the cold weather, he added, "Have any of the kittens been coughing or sniffling? Leafbare can cause them to get kittencough or colds easily."

--
A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on her own wings.
June 21, 2018 at 11:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DDcat
Caramelkit looked at her sister, well if she was fine with it then it was alright, she smiled and couldnt help but feel happy that her sister had said "i'll get big and strong for you all" she meowed with determination, and with that she began suckling. Thpugh unknown to her adoptive family the damage hed already been done, she would not grow much in the future and her apitite is rather small.
June 21, 2018 at 11:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
Elmkit detached from her mother as Clericpaw stepped in. The little black kit stood and hobbled over to him, looking up at him as if he was some new kind of wonder."Who are you?" she squeaked, barely noticing he was speaking to her mother and had more important things to do than to talk to kits.
--
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen. - Luke 24:5-6
June 21, 2018 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flickerwick
The young cat peered down at the black kitten who addressed him, smiling slightly as to reassure them. Just in case his size was fearsome, of course. ?My name is Clericpaw,? the apprentice informed them, moving his eyes back to Softlullaby. ?I'm training to become MoonClan's medicine cat. What's your name, little one?? Cleric lowered his head a bit to get closer to the kit's eye level.
--
A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on her own wings.
June 21, 2018 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Softlullaby startled awake again- exhaustion was settling on her normally warm features as she struggled to realize it was Clericpaw, the medicine cat apprentice, coming to check on her.

"Yes, I know," Softlullaby said with a small amount of snap. She knew the pains leaf-bare could cause- Gladekit had been sick as a kit, though Clericpaw was too young to remember. She softened once she remembered- he was only here to help.

"I think we're all fine in here- though I'm worried I'm not producing enough milk. I'm scared nobody is getting enough," she admitted with a shamed, downcast look at the six she nursed- would none of them grow to their full potential just because she thought she could nurse nineteen kits?

--

June 21, 2018 at 4:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.