Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > MoonClan > MoonClan Camp

Kamira

Featherstep nodded quickly, glad for the responsibility. She made a few leaps and then was standing behind Brinepelt and reached forward to haul the deputy off of the apprentice. Blood splattered her as a few droplets of Servalbelly's blood rained down.

Servalbelly stared in shock for a moment, just a few moment's peace before the shock set in of the entire encounter. Her entire left ear had just been ripped off, and of course she wasn't going to take it well. But she was surprisingly calm- she stared at Brinepelt, a newfound respect in her gaze as she let the blood wash into her eye before letting out a seething hiss of pain. But she didn't complain- as Featherstep distracted Brinepelt, she wriggled out to stand in front of Brinepelt, her mouth parted slightly.

"Y-you did it," she said, looking at the ear as it lay between them. She wasn't smiling, and a tear was beginning to leak from her right eye as pain terrorized her nerves, "You ripped my ear off."

As if to humorously add to the chaos, Bardpaw and Clericpaw limped into camp, Bardpaw's throat coated in dried blood, her green eyes listless and feverish. The she-cat blinked a few times but chalked the camp's distress up to her brain not working entirely soundly- she turned to her brother.

"I wanna go to bed-" she said, trying to edge towards the apprentice's den.

--

June 7, 2018 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flickerwick
Clericpaw's eyes widened at yet more violence, taking place in his camp. Would he ever get a break? Did cats have to fight constantly? He felt Bardpaw's movement and tugged on her ear gently with his teeth.

"Oh, no you don't," He meowed, half-lidded gaze sharpening slightly into a glare. "You're going to the medicine cat den to get looked over and healed, missy." Funny enough, he enjoyed teasing his sister with nicknames. Huh. That was new. Clericpaw directed her towards the den, padding into the shaded area. "Excuse me? We were attacked in the territory, and Bardpaw has wounds that need to be tended to."
--
A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on her own wings.
June 7, 2018 at 9:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Bardpaw looked left and then right- "I-I don't think Forestsong is here- nor Blossompaw," Bardpaw stated, the last time she had been in MoonClan camp, there were two medicine cats- though she was rather daft, and Clericpaw definitely might know.

"What do we do?" she said, limping in and collapsing in a nest. She let out a whimper- she was so tired, but sleeping might result in death via blood loss. It was a hard line to walk, that was for sure.

--

June 7, 2018 at 9:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flickerwick
At the realization that there were no medicine cats stationed inside of their den, anxiety burst violently into existence within Clericpaw's stomach. He shuffled his paws, looking worriedly around the den and then at the small store of herbs. "Don't worry, Bardpaw. I'll... I'll treat you, instead." He tried to reassure her, but his meow came out a bit high pitched than normal, betraying his worry.

Clericpaw took a deep, shuddery breath before moving closer to the sharp scented herbs, leaning down and inhaling. And then he sneezed a very feminine sneeze, shuffling the leaves. "Oh, great StarClan...." The tom muttered. Okay, focus. What can I use to help her? Do I know any herbs? She's bleeding... Bleeding... Blood... Oh, cobwebs, right? That stops bleeding! Clericpaw snagged some of the sticky substance, bringing it over to her. "Okay, so, you're not bleeding heavily anymore, but some is still seeping out. Can you clean your wound again? You'll be at risk of infection, I think, if it's dirty." Okay, so, I need to help her with medicine first... Herbs, herbs. What helps wounds?

Clericpaw sifted through the herbs again, finding a fleshy root. It looked promising. "Do you trust me to use this on you? We can always wait for a professional."
--
A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on her own wings.
June 7, 2018 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Bardpaw looked from Clericpaw, to the herb, to Clericpaw again, then at the blood coating her paws before nodding. "I-I trust you," she stammered at, though her mind didn't truly comprehend what she was agreeing to. Her brother, blindly stumbling in a dark medicine cat den, struggling to find something that would stop his sister from going to sleep forever. That herb could kill her, for all they knew.

The pain was beginning to mount as her adrenaline truly wore off, leaving Bardpaw in a world of tormnet.

--

June 7, 2018 at 9:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flickerwick
Clericpaw gulped at her unconvincing reply, but proceeded to chew the root (which happened to be horsetail) into a pulp. He then licked the pulp into her wound, hoping it didn't sting too much as he wanted to thoroughly get it into the flesh. After a few moments, he pulled away with a couple pants, gathering the cobwebs and patting it over her injured area.

Clericpaw pulled away again, paws shaking as concern was alight in his gaze. His stomach was tied in knots, nausea rising in his throat. He swallowed against the knot, not wanting to be the weak one here. "I guess we'll have to wait and see what it does. I... I'm sorry."
--
June 7, 2018 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

(lol wish) Bardpaw recoiled as the cold pulp touched her raw wound, but after the initial sting its cool, soothing properties caused her to relax. Her paws slowly began to twitch with alertness until her entire body seemed more awake and aware. She turned to Clericpaw, smiling.

"That- that helped a lot," she said, her speech beginning to quicken into its usual timbre. "How did you know it would help?" she pressed, excitement blazing. She was still tired, and couldn't move too much, and with each word her throat stretched over itself, but she was oddly fine.

--

June 7, 2018 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flickerwick
(Shh, Bardpaw, don't ask for an explanation.)
Clericpaw exhaled in relief, glad that the herb he had chosen at random had helped Bardpaw, at least a little bit. "I- I don't know," He meowed uncertainly. "I just saw the root and somewhere in my mind, I guess I thought... It looked promising?" He shuffled his paws a bit, knowing that his luck had run out and been used by that random-herb-choosing. Perhaps his life would go downhill from now on. Yeah, that'd probably be the case. Clericpaw exhaled again, in slight exasperation, this time.
--
June 7, 2018 at 10:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Bardpaw smiled, "Well, it did the trick. Maybe you should be the next medicine cat apprentice, Clericpaw!" she said, laying down and letting her head rest on the lip of the moss nest. "That way, I could get any flower I wanted from the herb store- is there any poppyheads by any chance? Red looks great on me," she joked, referring to the way her flower of the day usually rested between her left ear and her skull. It was absent now- fallen off in the struggle, probably.

--

June 7, 2018 at 11:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flickerwick
Her words stopped Clericpaw for a second, sending him spiraling into thought. Did she really think he showed potential for that position? He could actually contribute to the clan that way... Realizing he had blanked out for too long, Clericpaw blinked and inhaled. "I don't think they actually take the flowers, Bard, just the seeds." The gray tom informed her, green gaze lingering on her covered wound before drifting up to her unoccupied flower space. "I could go fetch one of the last flowers of winter, just for you, if you'd like." The den was beginning to feel claustrophobic.
--
June 7, 2018 at 11:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Bardpaw lifted her head back up, her gaze turning lost- she looked like a kit again, scared and small in a nest that was far too big to be meant for her. She was a child, injured in an adult's war. "W-would you?" she begged, letting the real reason nestle within her before she let it out, "I-I don't think I can sleep without one."

--

June 7, 2018 at 11:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flickerwick
Clericpaw offered his sibling a rare, genuine smile before getting up. He stood on his tiptoes for a few heartbeats, stretching his long legs as his tailtip twitched. "Do you have a color of request?" Quoth the young cat, trying to put on a nicer tone. Bardpaw's stammers had, honestly, frightened him-- Clericpaw disliked to realize how obviously inexperienced and scared they were of the world. Even now, fights wore on outside of their safe haven. The clans were dangerous yet, at the same time, the only nurturing place they had. What flowers survive in winter?
--
June 7, 2018 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Bardpaw remembered her conversation with Littledoe before this life-altering adventure had completed, the she-cat giving her dahlia blossom to Littledoe because its color hadn't quite matched the tapestry that was Bardpaw's tortoiseshell coat. She focused in on Clericpaw's eyes.

"Screw flowers- just find me something green- like your eyes," she mewed, "anything living is a blessing."

(*meme voice* is this a symbol?)

--

June 8, 2018 at 12:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Flickerwick
(Perhaps smh)
"Language," Clericpaw tsked, backing out of the den. There were some green plants still in camp, leaves that survived through the cold seasons. He found some Wintergreen Boxwood, quickly digging it up and clasping it in his jowls. Exhaling deeply, he padded back in, slipping the plant behind Bardpaw's left ear. "There," Clericpaw meowed, satisfied. "Green and perfect, where it belongs."
--
June 8, 2018 at 12:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Bardpaw chuckled, feeling the effects of the herbs on the neck further take the sting away. Once the green was nestled like a crown on her head, she looked in an icicle hanging off the stone shelter- the image she saw was warped, but the she-cat ultimately smiled.

"it's perfect," she said softly, feeling a sniffle itch at her somewhat addled mind. "Clericpaw, will you stay with me? I-I don't want to be alone-" she had internally freaked out when Clericpaw had left to go get the greenery. She had expected him to just pick something dried from the stores, but this was perhaps even better. That, and Bardpaw hadn't seen Winter in a very long time- almost since her apprenticeship. Where was their mother?

--

June 8, 2018 at 12:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Flickerwick
(You expect me to roleplay Winter, too? Ugh, you ask too much.)
Clericpaw nodded understandingly, "Alright, Bardpaw, I'll stay with you. Just until morning, though. And then you can get Mother or one of our siblings to do it instead." He wasn't very much into the touchy-feely-cuddly stuff, but he shoved it aside for his sister's well-being. Clericpaw licked his chest a few times before settling beside Bardpaw, tucking his paws neatly underneath him. "Get some rest, okay? Sleep is the best healer." Although it was low, there was a purr rumbling in his chest.
--
June 8, 2018 at 12:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

(I was simply prompting a mother-daughter relationship! I'll go with whatever bone you toss me xD, feel free to imply their relationship)

Bardpaw buried her head over-top her brother's paws, her white chest and paws and muzzle contrasting his gray and white fur. But not before she'd taken a sprig of the wintergreen and deftly placed it over his ear, perfecting its placement silently before stealthily closing her eyes. Sleep was hard-won, but at least now she wasn't alone. Bardpaw's chest slowed to a steady rhythm and StarClan knocked on her dreams to walk with her.

--

June 8, 2018 at 12:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Spark

Forestsong was currently resting in her den, completely unaware that someone had been bleeding to death in camp, but if she was awake, she'd probably blame the clan for not coming to fetch her when they needed it. After a few moments, she yawned loudly, blinking open her blind blue eyes before stretching her paws. As she felt her unborn kits stir inside of her, she felt the urge to vomit her meal. Disgusting little worms... I can't.. ugh! I want these things out. Ignoring the stir inside of her belly, she moved towards the herb storage, sniffing the herbs carefully to see which ones she needed to gather.

June 8, 2018 at 1:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Flickerwick
Clericpaw cracked open an eye as sunlight filtered into the den, startling a bit. He tried not to move his paws, though, as that would jostle her and-- what in StarClan was on his head? Oh, Bardpaw ... He exhaled, eyes running over the form of Forestsong as she sifted through the herbs he had made disorderly. "Excuse me," Clericpaw cleared his throat, meowing in a hushed tone as not to wake his sister. "I'm assuming you are the medicine cat. My sister was attacked last night, and I did my best to dress it, but I'd like for you to look over and see if you can improve it." He could ask the question he was dying to ask after she replied.
--
June 8, 2018 at 9:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DrownedInRed

Tigerstar frowned as both of them began to explain at the same time with emmense speed. She was about to tell them to slow down so she could hear what happened, but they took care of it by themselves. Alarm set in as they mentioned the border with Risingstar, it got worse as Pumatooth's name was brought in. "Is Pumatooth still in the territory?" She asked, but realized if he wasn't he'd be here with them. The frown on her face showed the leader's age as it amplified the creases, I will send a patrol after him. She then looked towards Nightpaw and Duskpaw, "I have arranged for someone to take Daypaw to the medicine cat's den. You two, you can meet me in my den." 

--

~There in the moon, many life stories danced before her eyes.~

June 8, 2018 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.