Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > MoonClan > MoonClan Camp

Kamira

Featherstep looked at Raincatcher, "You aren't going," she whispered, a frown on her face. Your littermate is gone.

She turned to Solscar, letting her sadness at Summerpaw's death bleed over into her reprimanding him. Had he not been in camp during the past hours to know what was occurring? "There's- there's bodies. In the gorge. Crimsonsky and Summerpaw- and Vermillionpaw, he looked bad- when, when I ran- ran to get help," her voice was soft as she spoke of her sins, "They fell. Or were thrown. It happened very quickly."

Her gray eyes stared at the toms, full of sorrow and guilt and all negative emotions the she-cat harbored. She shuddered, remembering the way Dieseltooth had sidestepped to force Featherstep to run into the elder, causing him to stumble over the gorge. She sucked in air, I was only trying to help, she reminded herself. She was beginning to numb to the pain.

--

May 26, 2018 at 9:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HarmlessPoison

Upon the sound of his mother's voice resounding against the hollow walls of the nursery, Brownkit lifted his head, disrupted from his tranquil sleep and flicked an ear, as if to question if Featherstep returned. Hearing her bark out commands, the brown tabby's uncertainty vanished and without hesitance in his step, he bolted out of the den and to his mother's side. "Mom! Mom! You came back!" He yipped, unbeknownst to her ailing state, and immediately embraced her foreleg in a tight grip, "I can't- I thought you- you were dead! You were gone for so long!"

--
Roleplay anyone? Must you have a cup of tea before we start? Ah, very well then.
May 26, 2018 at 10:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Featherstep tried to smile as her son came and hugged her, but he poked at her barely scabbed-over wound and his needle-claws opened the wound. She leaned down, trying to hide her discomfort, drinking in his warm milk-and-honey scent. She felt a tear slip out as she felt his soft fur tickle the whiskers on her chin, and she knew she'd made the right decision in running away. It was all worth it, just for him. She couldn't imagine leaving him behind, to stand vigil for Featherstep's funeral.

"I would never leave you, baby," Featherstep said, unwilling to break the embrace.

--

May 26, 2018 at 10:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GlassShatteringSilence

When did this happen? knowing completely well it was probably when he was wandering. Or swimming. Or fishing. Or daydreaming of the two. I should stay in the clan more often.

Solscar ignored the kit, and kept talking to the she-cat.  "So should I help bring back the bodies, or I'm just I going to supervise?" 

--
I wanted you to see the way I do....the right way.....so I cut out your eye. I wanted you to feel the pain that I do.....always and forever......so I left you on the lightning tree til you screamed. I wanted you to feel the hopelessness and desperacey I felt, so I drowned you in the river, watching you thrash back and forth. And yet, despite all this, you?re still here. Loyal to the end, fighting after it. You were meant to die, but you refused to. You are me, in every way. I love you; never die. -Halfface
May 26, 2018 at 11:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HarmlessPoison

Content with his mother's response, Brownkit mumbled out a simple phrase, "Good." He remained in that standstill position, huddled in his mother's grip for a pregnant moment before he pulled away, a questionable expression plastered on his face. "Hey Ma! What's this red stuff on my paw?" Brownkit inquired absentmindedly, studying the smears of blood on his paw-pad that had seeped from Featherstep's open wound, located on her forearm. He leaned forward and took a whiff of the bizarre liquid that stained his paw, but instantly recoiled at the metallic stench. "Guh!" The kit spat out, scrunching up his watery eyes. "Gross!"

--
Roleplay anyone? Must you have a cup of tea before we start? Ah, very well then.
May 26, 2018 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Featherstep frowned, realizing with a jolt just how sheltered her moons-old kit was. Had any of his denmates fallen and bled, had he not gotten a thorn in his paw? No- I didn't give him the opportunity.

She leaned down and licked the smear away, her own blood making her want to vomit, but anything to make her son calm down. "It's nothing," she lied, "I'll be okay- quit pushing on it, though. Mama was just talking to Solscar- everything's going to be fine," she brought her tail around her son, coralling him to her side, unwilling to let him leave as she nodded to Solscar.

"Go help bring back bodies, while making sure the apprentices don't kill themselves," she whispered, trying to hide the words from Brownkit.

--

May 26, 2018 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GlassShatteringSilence

"Alright, bye." He said hastefully, before running on to track the cats who had already started on their path. By starclan that was terrible. I'm terrible at this. I didn't even catch her name. He then started running in the direction of the three. He was content doing this. Moving a dead body isn't difficult when you don't know whose it belonged to.

--
I wanted you to see the way I do....the right way.....so I cut out your eye. I wanted you to feel the pain that I do.....always and forever......so I left you on the lightning tree til you screamed. I wanted you to feel the hopelessness and desperacey I felt, so I drowned you in the river, watching you thrash back and forth. And yet, despite all this, you?re still here. Loyal to the end, fighting after it. You were meant to die, but you refused to. You are me, in every way. I love you; never die. -Halfface
May 27, 2018 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

HarmlessPoison

"Okay!" Brownkit chirped, dismissing his mother's jittery tone and allowed his form to be cradled warmly once more. Managing to process Featherstep's words directed at him in his small mind, his gaze strayed to the multi-colored tom interacting with Featherstep, then departing. "So that was Solscar?" Brownkit spoke haughty, envious feelings flaring in his veins like wildfire. This was rightfully his mother! No tom was allowed to be prancing around with her! Definitely not on his watch! "What was he doing here?"

--
May 27, 2018 at 12:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Featherstep watched the tom wave off and leaned down, nuzzling her son again. She sniffled, and listened to his words, each a gift from StarClan. This was her only son, the light of her life, her every reason to be here.

"He's nobody," Featherstep said, unknowingly cruel, "You're the only little man in my life, I promise." she said, choking out a giggle. She looked her son in the eye, gray eyes bloodshot as she gazed at his fluffy coat- it was swiftly lightening to a ginger tone, and she wondered why she had decided to name him Brownkit if Brownkit no longer described him.

"Promise me you'll never do anything brash or reckless," she said after a small silence. Summerpaw's screams echoed in her mind and she imagined they were his. "Or dumb. Or idiotic or . . ." she stopped. What was she doing?

--

May 27, 2018 at 12:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

HarmlessPoison

Brownkit giggled a bit, reassured after his mother fixated her attention solely on him. "Do you pinky promise?" He beamed, gesturing his paw to hers but it soon slumped down as Featherstep began to ramble in an insuppressible manner, confounding him as she continued. "Ma? You know me--I'm smart! I always know what I'm doing! You don't have to worry 'bout me, yeah?" The ginger tom attempted to assure his mother, despite himself not knowing even a lick of sense of what was spewing from both of their mouths.

--
May 27, 2018 at 1:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Featherstep nodded, smiling, "How about we go into the nursery and go to sleep for the night?" Featherstep realized with a start that she wouldn't be able to nurse her son anymore, but just one look at him . . . a thought nagged at her head. Most kits are weaned by his age. 

Was she really ready to let go?

--

May 27, 2018 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Littledoe was silent as she padded into camp, carrying a small vole in her jaws. Her hunting trip hadn't been the most successful, but it was successful enough - she brought something back. As she approached the fresh-kill pile and deposited her catch she nosed around for a small mouse, to which she grabbed and headed over to a soft spot of grass on the edge of the camp. Her beautiful blue eyes scanned her surroundings, reserved but interested in conversation, but scared of what that might bring. She then focused in on her mouse, beginning to eat delicately.

--

"How can I protect you from the wolves, if I don't have any teeth?" - Toxicmamba to Jade

May 28, 2018 at 1:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Bardpaw saw Littledoe enter camp, the ditzy tortoiseshell's green eyes drawn to the she-cat's light-stepping body and interestingly creamy coat. Bardpaw was playing with a Dahlia blossom, the round red flower not quite going with Bardpaw's dark coat. Bardpaw was trying to make it work, but she didn't care for it, and she looked from the crimson petals to Littledoe's cream pelt and nodded, making up her mind.

The apprentice dropped the flower in front of the eating she-cat- "That's a much better color-" she rambled incoherently, "You should have it."

--

May 28, 2018 at 2:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Littledoe jumped from her thoughts at the drop of the crimson flower, and her blue eyes hesitantly looked up to the cat in front of her, then back to the petals. "W-What?" She murmured, her tail tightening around her side. "I don't understand." She said, "Why don't you keep it? I don't need it." Then, upon taking another look at the younger apprentice, she took a deep breath and gave a gentle smile. "It gives a pretty contrast to your coat." She said, nodding once. 

--

"How can I protect you from the wolves, if I don't have any teeth?" - Toxicmamba to Jade

May 28, 2018 at 2:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Bardpaw frowned, looking at it, "No- I think it fits yours better. Mine's too dark- see how the red gets lost in the black? It's too jarring, too bright, kinda like the sun on a clear day. There's no clouds to break it up and make your eyes not hurt. But on you?" Bardpaw pushed the flower closer so its petals rested against her forearm, "It's kinda like a tree on a field. It's still a little jarring, but it isn't so out-of-place," she smiled, green eyes meeting Littledoe's peaceful blue ones.

--

May 28, 2018 at 2:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Littledoe looked again to the flower, before back up to the apprentice. "Well then if you put it that way..." She murmured, "I guess I'll just have to take it, won't I?" She said. "Thank you, Bardpaw." She smiled sweetly, "But, what made you bring it to me? There are plenty of other apprentices or she-cats that would appreciate it more." 

--

May 28, 2018 at 2:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Bardpaw shrugged, "If I'm being honest, you were convenient," she said, settling onto her haunches as she observed the camp, still a mess despite the effort to clean. Halflight and Luminouspaw were still sprawled in the clearing and Featherstep was crying at her son- Tigerstar and Brinepelt still weren't back from EclipseClan's mission to get Pumapaw back, and most of the other apprentices were out fishing bodies out of the gorge with only a single warrior to supervise. An absolute mess. Bardpaw wanted no part of any of it- she turned a blind eye to it, actually, a character flaw if she ever saw one.

"Wait- you know my name? I don't know yours- that's not fair," she said with a shy shuffle of her paws, looking back up again at the pretty she-cat, feeling a deeper cause behind her cautious, insecure behavior.

--

May 28, 2018 at 3:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Littledoe gave a soft chuckle, "Convenient is always the easiest, but not always the best." She said, before turning back to the apprentice to tilt her head. "I've heard it around, I usually like to keep my ears open for names, things I don't normally recognize..." Things that may do more bad than good... "But I keep to myself a lot, so that doesn't surprise me. It's Littledoe." She smiled with a soft greeting.

--

May 28, 2018 at 3:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Bardpaw's interest peeked- "That sounds smart- I should try that. Listening more- I usually do the talking and singing and dancing."

"What's a doe? I-I haven't been out into the territory yet. My mentor's been too busy," the she-cat looked down at her shuffling feet, shyness beginning to grip her. She had known Littledoe for less than three minutes, but her guard was already down. As the least remarkable of her siblings, Bardpaw had always taken a backseat to their lives. But she felt heard with Littledoe.

--

May 28, 2018 at 3:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DrownedInRed

The leader returned to camp, a ginger tom in her jaws and obvious triumph in her amber eyes. She had two of her litter, that was enough for her. She understood how Leopardpaw and Lionpaw felt, therefore, she couldn't be too angry at their decision. Tigerstar looked around for Featherstep, before setting her son in the apprentice den.

--

~There in the moon, many life stories danced before her eyes.~

May 28, 2018 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.