Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > EclipseClan > EclipseClan Camp

Shadowstorm
Hollowstar waited until Fencerunner had finished, listening curiously to the accounts of the border skirmish."How long do you think it will take Moonclan to react?" she asked, knowing that Tigerstar wouldn't be happy to come home to that mess."Tigerstar's already touchy about Eclipseclan taking her kits, she may not let us out without a fight. Was the other warrior with you hurt badly?" The aging leader rarely showed concern for her warriors, but she wanted to know they were at full strength if an attack did come.

/\/\/\

Blazingkit huffed at his sister."We'll move into the apprentices den of course, you idiot," he rolled his eyes."Why do you have to spoil all my fun with your stupid complaining?" He swished his tail in anger, much like his mother often did.

--
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen. - Luke 24:5-6
June 3, 2018 at 8:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

(The page glitched, halp)

Fencerunner sighed, unsure of how to answer. The words caught in the still sleepy deputy's throat, but she ultimately cobbled one together from the odds and ends of her rushed mind, "No," she said of Dieseltooth, "she's fine- she should be asleep in the warrior's den. I ordered her to rest," she stated, much more compassionate than Hollowstar. "I worry for all of them- some of the warriors on rusty. I know I was, before this skirmish," she said, casting a sidelong glance towards the warriors that hadn't left.

"Perhaps we could organize warriors to practice battle? Something similar to Fence Club?" she suggested this fairly but with no small amount of anxiety.

Flowingkit watched Blazingkit with anger, her brother's likeness to Hollowstar angering her despite her being more of the she-cat's doppelganger. "Why do you have to spoil my fun with all your stupid complaining?" she mirrored, aiming a swipe at her brother's muzzle. One day, they would find their peace, but Flowingkit's mind was tainted with jealousy.

--

June 3, 2018 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
Hollowstar considered the option, her green eyes distant for a moment."Yes, that could have some benefits," she conceded, her whole ear twitching."See to it, then. But put a supervisor over each match. Some cat we can trust to be fair. Tell them to only allow minor scratches, any wounds that recquire medical attention will put the cat who inflicted them on apprentice duties for half a moon." She didn't want Fencerunner to try and be at every match, she would need to keep up on her regular deputy duties also.

/\/\/\

Blazingkit stepped back from his sister's attempted blow and stuck his tongue out, not bothering to fight back since he knew he would win too easily."I only ever complain about your complaining," he muttered, turning his back on Flowingkit."If you weren't such a stubborn, stuck-up burr we wouldnt have so many arguments."

--
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen. - Luke 24:5-6
June 3, 2018 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencerunner nodded, thrilled with the oversight, "I'll handle everything, Hollowstar. You just worry about your kits," she said, laying her tail over her leader's back and hoping she hadn't overstepped any boundaries. She was so worried about Hollowstar missing out on being a mom. Fencerunner hadn't even known her mother's name- she didn't have one -but watching Hollowstar just be around her kits filled Fencerunner with nostalgic glee. Hollowstar had the opportunity Fencerunner never got to have, her own kits taken from her by a vindictive Clarisse.

"You'll let me know if you need anything, won't you?" she pressed, leaning in to stare into Hollowstar's green eyes, concern evident in her olive gaze.

Flowingkit sulked, angry that her blow hadn't connected. Blazingkit's nature was to be better, it seemed, and now Flowingkit didn't think it was even worth it to try. She sat down, tail a bottlebrush, and stuck out her tongue back at her brother. "Fine. Whatever," she said aloofly, "Why don't you go out and find somebody else to fight? I'm tired of it."

--

June 4, 2018 at 1:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
"How can I focus on my kids when my clan is at war?" Hollowstar scoffed, tensing under Fencerunner's touch. Physical contact was one of the few things she tended to avoid, but somehow it felt good to have another cats fur against her own. Perhaps it was just her age that making her wary of everything and everyone."You're already helping me by taking charge over the camp." She did not know much about Fencerunner's kits so she did not understand how important this was to her.

/\/\/\

Blazingkit's eyes glowed with anger."You're the one that tried to fight me!" he mewed, his voice getting louder."If you're gonna be a whiny newborn I'm will go find someone else!" With that, he turned and slipped out of the den, careful not to brush the creaky door as it might draw his mother's attention. He looked around in awe, everything looked so much bigger from outside the den. He hurried around the corner, avoiding any cat neaby.

--
June 4, 2018 at 8:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencerunner winced at Hollowstar's first proclamation and then lit up at the second. The small bit of praise was enough to reassure her. She had been so doubtful as she had been appointed, but knowing Hollowstar thought she was doing a fine job helped her ease into her own comfort.

"You can focus on your own life," Fencerunner said, hoping Hollowstar wouldn't see her concern as insurrection. Frecklemask had done the same things to her, and look what she had done. "Flowingkit and Blazingkit need you just a bit more than some queen with a squabble. Get them to their 6 moon mark, and then we can talk about wartime preparations," she said, withdrawing her tail after a moment longer.

Flowingkit pouted as Blazingkit left the den, flopping over in exasperation. A tear threatened to leak from her eye and snot began to pour from her nose as she silently cried, missing her brother. It didn't take her long to follow, still sobbing. "Wait up!" she said, stumbling over her own long fur, "I wanna come! I'm sorry!" Ah, kits.

--

June 4, 2018 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Spark

Eros glanced around camp rather boredly. The young apprentice was simply looking for something to do now that he was out of the grasp of his controlling mother. I hadn't seen her in a while. Maybe she's dead. He grinned at that thought. No more controlling mother that watched his every move sounded great to him. Now I just need to find something to do. Where's my mentor at? 

June 4, 2018 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Twitch
Owlpaw trudged into camp, exhausted and with a maw full of honeycomb to resupply his stock. Softskin had been busy the last few days, leaving owlpaw to do most of the work himself. Long nights and longer days were starting to catch up to the young cat as he set the honeycomb aside and basically collapsed onto the cool medicine den floor, a low groan rumbling his chest. He needed a break, before he worked himself to death.
June 4, 2018 at 10:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
Hollowstar gave a small nod."I suppose they need their mother," she mewed."But my clan needs me, too. I know I'm not the best at showing it, but I've grown to love Eclipseclan." The aging leader sat down, glancing over her warriors."They're going to need you when I'm gone."

/\/\/\

Blazingkit turned as his sister came stumbling after him."Shhhh!" he shushed her."You don't have to draw everyone's attention to us!" He paused and waited for her to catch up."Where do you think we should explore first? I want to see the apprentices den." The small cream kit sniffed the air, trying to catch any scent that could help, but found nothing but a bunch of confusing, jumbled smells.

--
June 4, 2018 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Flowingkit snorted, "We'll be there in a few moons- why don't we go see what's in the medicine cat den? or the elder's den?" she said with an excited air before wondering if she was showing she cared too much. "Or whatever, up to you."

Fencerunner nodded, taking a step away after a moment, "EclipseClan's your home," she said with a soft shrug, "It's only right that you should feel attached to it," she was thrilled Hollowstar was showing interest in her kits and the excitable she-cat smiled with a beaming radiance. "I'll make sure the clan turns into the clan we both know it can be. You've taught me so much, Hollowstar. Leading so many strong personalities- I had to fight Death Rattle once to get cats to respect me. I shudder to think of how many you fought," she thought back to the border skirmish. EclipseClan 1, MoonClan 0.

--

June 4, 2018 at 11:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
Hollowstar nodded, tilting her head as she remembered her many battles. Her first ones in the gang she was born into, then the ones as she had roamed the cities and towns that she has found, the more recent ones in Eclipseclan's territory. So much blood lay on her paws, deaths commited by her claws. Eclipseclan was soft compared to some places that these "fierce" clans did not know of. But Hollowstar would die with all that, she would not lay the burden of that knowledge on her young, hopeful deputy."Do you believe in Starclan?" she asked suddenly, knowing that some Eclipseclanners didn't.

/\/\/\

Blazingkit gave his sister a sidelong glance."I suppose the Medicine Den couldn't be too boring." he moved along the back of the counter, soon coming within scent range of plants. He poked his head head into the den, looking for any cats that might be in there.

--
June 4, 2018 at 11:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencerunner felt her blood run cold, and she turned to Hollowstar, uncomfortable with the question. "No," was her simple and breathless answer. She did not want to die, but Fencerunner had grown up in silence and as such didn't know anything about the cats in the stars until she was well into her apprenticeship. She hated this fact, but could never bring herself to believe the same way the clan cats did. HEr first trip to the moonstone would be a shock.

Flowingkit entered the medicine cat den, the sharp scent of the various herbs filling her nose. Her minty eyes swept the room and she walked in, making a beeline for the most colorful thing she saw- deathberries, as all kit antics must contain them. "Yuck!" she said, wrinkling her nose. She hooked a berry with her claw and flung it at her brother, "I dare you to eat it!"

--

June 5, 2018 at 12:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LunarDrop
SoftSkin looked at his weary apprentice and walked away. After a short search the bald sphynx came back dragging a small towel, which he draped over OwlPaw.
June 5, 2018 at 12:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Honeyy

Oshun had overheard the conversation between his twin and his older brother. His ears flicked as he frowned a bit. So Fencerunner was his mentor? How ironic. He looked over to his father, who was resting on the arm of the couch like usual. He wondered how he felt about it. Oshun never felt any type of way towards Fencerunner, while he was sure that the others felt some disdain towards the Eclipseclan deputy. But Oshun was always taught to be respectful to his elders, especially the ladies, so he was honestly the best choice out of all of his siblings. He saw the pale she-cat speaking to the leader and flicked his ears, sitting and curling his thin tail around his paws. He would wait, but would also stare at her until she got the hint.

--

I refuse to let anyone destroy my peace.

June 5, 2018 at 12:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
Hollowstar gave a slow nod."I didn't used to, either," she confessed."But coming to the clans made me wonder what did happen after death. I didn't fully believe until I received my nine lives. When it is your time, try to allow a small amount of faith. The results may surprise you." She wasn't going to try and force the she-cat to believe, not every cat had seen Hollowstar's miraculous resurrections.

/\/\/\

Blazingkit sniffed at the berry curiously, poking it with a paw."Only if you eat one after me!" he dared back before opening his tiny pink mouth. He had to stretch his jaws wide to be able to fit the whole berry in at once, because one could not simply eat a small piece of death berry. He paused before putting it into his mouth, an instinct sparking up in him.

--
June 5, 2018 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencerunner felt the fur on the back of her neck stand up and flicked her olive gaze to where her apprentice, Oshun, sat patiently. That's right, I was going to take him out this afternoon, she thought, wanting to slap herself for her insolence. She focused back on Hollowstar- lucky for her, the entire conversation was beginning to lull into a natural resolution. The pale she-cat stood, dipping her head one more time to her leader.

StarClan was as real as the purple cat who bopped kits on he head if they didn't go to sleep for their afternoon nap- but Fencerunner didn't see point in arguing. She would find out when she went to the Moonstone, or if she died before- than then.

Hollowstar's beliefs didn't diminish Fencerunner's respect for her though. "I-I will," she said with a final soft mew. "If it is real, I hope to see you there," she said before finally walking off, nodding towards Oshun to show the leader where she was off to. She hoped she understood.

She approached nervously, her ears pricked forward. She had no idea what kind of things Enzio and Delano had told the apprentice, but she couldn't imagine all of it was good. But Oshun was her apprentice either way- the tom was stuck with her. Fencerunner prepared to take full advantage of it.

"Hello," she nodded with a soft, embarrassed smile. "Wow, you've grown," she commented, small talk not one of her best categories.

Flowingkit watched her brother pop the berry in his mouth, "Fine!" she said, walking over to make sure he actually ate it. She didn't trust her brother- didn't trust anyone. "What does it taste like?" she said, grabbing one for herself and sniffing at it nervously.

--

June 5, 2018 at 12:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Honeyy

Oshun was slighly surprised that Fencerunner had ended her conversation so quickly with the leader. Even though he didn't particularly know that the conversation had been ending anyway, it had him feeling like a priority. He dipped his head to her. "Good afternoon." He meowed before getting to his paws. "Yeah, it happens." He chuckled with a slight shrug.

--

June 5, 2018 at 12:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
Blazingkit spat half of it back out, disgusted by the weird plant taste."It tastes kind of nasty," he mewed, beginning to feel slightly wobbly and nauseas."I don't feel so good." He sat down, feeling a fuzzy numbness in his paws. He began to heave ,trying his best to spit up the rest of the berry.

/\/\/\

Hollowstar nodded to her departing deputy, her banded tail swishing behind her as she stood. She poked her head in her den to check on her kits, surprised to find an empty nest. She wasn't worried too much but decided to go look for them anyway. She followed their scent around the High Counter and off toward the medicine den, feeling an anger rise in her. Were they really stupid enough to explore around dangerous herbs? She entered the den and saw the death berry beside Flowingkit. She quickly batted it away."What are you doing?" she mewed angrily. Then she noticed Blazingkit was looking off before spotting the spat up berry next to him. She crouched down, looking down the kids throat. She turned to her daughter."Find Softskin!"

--
June 5, 2018 at 12:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencerunner let a moment of static silence pass before chirping, "Well, with that- you ready to go out into the territory? It's probably not your first time out. That'd be my fault- I got into that border skirmish with MoonClan. Everything's fine now though, me and Dieseltooth are healing well," she took a step towards the entrance, "but that probably doesn't interest you. Let's go," she was glad to be able to let herself loose a little bit. She caught Delano sitting on the couch and nodded to the tom. See? I'm taking an interest.

Flowingkit scoffed as Hollowstar screamed at her, even though it was more of a scolding. She didn't understand what had just occurred and to her, she was being discriminated against, ignored in favor of Hollowstar's stronger son. "No!" she said in defiance, running after her berry. She chomped down on it and began to chew quickly, before she could be stopped.

--

June 5, 2018 at 12:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Honeyy

Delano raised an eyefur at Fencerunner with a slight smirk, one that made him look like his old self again. He glanced over to his other kits only to see Monroe glaring into the back of the deputy's head, her golden eyes like lasers. It sent a slight shiver down his spine that made his fur stand up. At that moment, she had never looked so much like her mother than she did right then and there. Oshun listened to Fencerunner...ramble. Was she like this all the time? He chuckled again as he followed her to the entrance. "Dad takes us out sometime, so no hard feelings."

--

June 5, 2018 at 12:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.