Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > EclipseClan > EclipseClan Camp

Kamira

Frecklemask smiled at Remember's confidence. "That's pleasing," she stated, "Not often do we have such willing new recruits," the sentence was a jab at Tigerfield's kits. She digressed. "I haven't heard of you being in camp- is it safe to assume that's because they don't have a name to use?" she said, inwardly proud of herself for noticing this little tidbit.

--
April 11, 2018 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

The tortoiseshell nodded, but had no way to communicate her birth name. She silently cursed her mother's memory for not labeling her after a bird or a tree or a plant, something easy to point out to others. She too was suprirsed that Frecklemask had taken note of her rather anonymous presence. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

April 11, 2018 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Her speckled face almost glowing, a shaft of moonlight entered through the high window. Frecklemask felt a surge of protectiveness come over her for the kit.

"Well, I'm famous for getting names wrong anyway. So I'll just call you Charity and be done with it," she said, finally feeling relaxed for the first time since the border patrol. Sandstar could bite her tail if he thought he could ruin her good mood for more than a day. She looked at the apprentice and sighed, smiling. She's really . . . ugly, she thought, examining Remember's wounds on a closer level. But Frecklemask knew beauty was only skin-deep. She'll be in for a rough life.

--
April 11, 2018 at 11:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

The name made her bristle, although she doubted there was anything she could do to protest the words. She had overheard the names given to the MoonClan prisoners: Dirt, Dead, and Whimpering, if she recalled correctly, and in comparison Charity wasn't terrible. She would just have to work towards proving the deput wrong. She looked forward to the day when she could shove the words back down Frecklemask's throat. I will not be a charity case... 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

April 11, 2018 at 11:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask laughed at the apprentice's fur as it bristled, "I thought it was pretty!" she defended, jovial nature still shining through. She stood slowly, bones creaking despite her young age. She sighed. "Although that is from a cat named Frecklemask. Anyways- go to sleep soon so you won't be tired for the dawn patrol. I'll be leading it," she said as she padded across the moldy carpet to the high-counter. It was there that she had made her nest in the cabinet next to Hollowstar. "Goodnight, Charity."

--
April 11, 2018 at 11:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

The tortoiseshell could not calm so easily as to simply "go to sleep" though she did take the suggestion to heart. She was already feeling drained from the day's endeavors, and would need all of her energy to complete a dawn patrol without passing out. The she-cat curled up in her nest in the medicine den, which still smelled of blood and pus, and closed her eyes. Sleep did not immediately come to her. 

--

April 11, 2018 at 11:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

Athena glanced around the area, scoping out potential items of interest. she had been in the Clan for some number of moons by that point, and she was still not entirely comfortable. Not because the life didn't suit her; it was more that she felt as if not many thought like her. Many of these cats, including those she could technically call her 'kin,' were simply too...reactionary for her. When something happened, they reacted. Most would not take time, but would simply do. It just wasn't for her. However, that didn't mean she would sabotage her reputation by being some quiet outcast. She still made efforts to appear at least marginally sociable, and so she often found herself as she was then, looking for someone to speak to. Spotting the Clan deputy padidng nearby, Athena pondered for a moment before making her way over. "Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible for me to go on a patrol of some kind?"

--

Showing empathy towards people and things, both real and imagined, isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of being human.

April 12, 2018 at 12:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask eyed Athena up and down, the two rather matching in terms of coat color. Of course, Frecklemask's spots were in the thousands and formed a stripe down her back- Athena's were dark and formed rosettes.

I already have Charity in the dawn patrol, she thought with a grudge. I can't have another slacker slowing us down, she thought. She was secretly looking forward to seeing how far Charity would go, the thought of one of the showcats going on the dawn patrol just . . . didn't appeal. And I wanted to take Dirtpaw and Whimperingpaw for the evening patrol.

Frecklemask sighed, eyeing the she-cat much like a two-leg would eye a piece of garbage. "You can always hunt on your own," she said coldly. Why do I have to send out cats? They do know they can go out without permission right? "The border patrols are full- we don't need deadweight," she said, the insult flying from her tongue even as she knew it was coming. Useless kittypets.

--
April 12, 2018 at 12:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

Athena took in the deputy's words with little visible reaction, not a touch of anger in her expression. This wasn't a sentiment she had never heard before, but it certainly wasn't her favorite. It didn't anger her however, as she knew she wasn't like her kin, some of which were deserving of the stereotyping. She decided to continue to play the situation as calm as possible. "There is certainly the option of hunting on my own," Athena replied cooly, "However, I've had enough success with that, and I've grown interested in hunting with others." Letting a small smile come to her face, although it was more for show than anything, she added, "I'm not like what you might call deadweight. It wouldn't bother me much if they all left for another Clan, just as I assume it wouldn't bother you." She was being harsh to them, of course, but it was necessary if she were to gain at least a begrudging acceptance from this deputy. 

--

Showing empathy towards people and things, both real and imagined, isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of being human.

April 12, 2018 at 12:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Her sandy tail flicking behind her, Frecklemask met the she-cat's gaze again. I just want to sleep, she thought.

I can respect that, she thought once Athena finished her speech. She nodded, "Very well- I'll ask a favor then. Not a patrol, but still important. Those MoonClan kits are in our custody now- organize a guard for them- look at them over there- they're too scared to run now, but I fear the moment we turn our backs at the right moment is the moment they try and run. I don't want them to get to that point," she said, spotting Tigerpaw's folded ears from the high-counter.

"You're tall and intimidating, and that's what they need to see. EclipseClan warriors in their prime. If they try and talk to you, let them- then tell me what they say," she asked. "Will you do it?"

--
April 12, 2018 at 1:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Demeter tore through her nest, separating out the older parts from the newest, softed bits that she'd collected.  Her paws were still stained with the fresh dirt of Mesquitepaw's grave and her eyes occasionally stung with tears, forcing her to look up at the cieling and wait for the renewed wave of guilt and anger pass.  Things need to be perfect for the kits, she reminded herself, setting back to work.

--

April 12, 2018 at 1:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

Athena thought for a moment. It seemed a dismissal, but not a hostile one. "Without a doubt in my mind," she replied with confidence, dipping her head before turning over to where the kits were. They didn't seem much of a threat to run, in her opinion, but she supposed something would need to be done. She didn't see many cats nearby, so she made the decision to guard them herself for a while. She could find a replacement later on. She padded over the the kits, looking them over, but not saying a word. 

--

April 12, 2018 at 1:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask nodded and was grateful when Athena padded off to work. She dared close her eyes for a moment, a soft breath exhaling from her mouth as tension left her. It had been a long, long day.

She nosed the door to the counter open and slipped inside expertly, the door's lip catching on her hipbone as per usual. She jerked past it and it creaked close behind her- one of the perks of deputy was her dark, quiet, secluded den. Here, she could sleep away from the warrior's snoring. Here she could hide from responsibility. From Demeter, she thought, though she knew the confrontation would come sooner or later.

The deputy nestled herself into her nest of rags and sawdust, laying her tail-tip daintily over her rosy nose. She closed her eyes and passed out instantly, letting the embrace of sleep sweep her away like her claws took Sandstar's life.

--
April 12, 2018 at 1:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Kudzuthroat, Dieseltooth, and Blackrabbit padded into the camp, each carrying some bit of scavenged food.  Dieseltooth had a new cut on her shoulder, which caused her grey fur to clump into itself in ragged rusty tangles.  As the three passed Frecklemask, they each gave her dirty looks- even Kudzuthroat, who'd made some attempts at cultivating the deputy before.

"Asleep." Dieseltooth commented.

"Did you expect anything else?" Blackrabbit shrugged.

--

April 12, 2018 at 1:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
Hollowstar stayed quiet for another moment, contemplating what all could have happened in this fight club. Leaf-bare most likely meant that the other clans were involved, but she didn't straight out ask if Fencerunner had foolishly shared their battle moves with enemy clans."Who all was involved in this Fight Club?" Her voice was steady, betraying none of her anger toward the warrior.
--
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen. - Luke 24:5-6
April 12, 2018 at 7:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Spirit and the gang

Blackberry walked into camp slowly, ears flat, tail flicking irritably. He stalked over to Frecklemask, and stood, not quite nose to nose with her. "You wanted to see me your highness?" He said, his voice unfriendly and his lip slightly curled.

Tigerpaw was pouting a few steps away from her sister. "Of course we've got to make a plan! You can't keep a Moonclanner prisoner!" She punched the air with one paw. "We'll just have to escape!" She declared, although that much was obvious. She turned to look at her sister at the last comment. "Servalpaw? Are you alright?" She asked, her mood quickly swinging to one of concern. 

--

"You can do anything if you set your mind to it! At least, that's what the old people say." -Greg in "Over The Garden Wall"

April 12, 2018 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L

Remember was up before the crack of dawn, and had settled herself outside of the deputy's den. She appeared as if a gargoyle, entire body eerily still and gortesque features illuminated by the soft gray light of the rising sun. Everything else occurring about the camp she ignored, her entire focus honed in on Frecklemask. 

--

April 12, 2018 at 1:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
Skybloom sat on a recliner, grooming her silky, blue-gray fur. She wasn't sure what to do with her time, since nobody seemed to want a deaf cat on patrol with them. Not that they could be blamed, of course.
--
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen. - Luke 24:5-6
April 12, 2018 at 1:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencerunner continued, diving headfirst into the cold water that was her confession. Going well so far, she thought pessimistically. She didn't really want Hollowstar to know the true ranks of the club, so instead she went into its history.

"It started after the dog attack that killed Chronus," she began hesitantly. She wanted Hollowstar to know the full story, at the very least, "I realized that few of us had actual experience fighting, and he was one of the showcats- he didn't have a clue how to defend himself. I didn't want that to happen to my clanmates, so I took Dieseltooth, Kudzuthroat, Blackrabbit, and we sparred in the territory. Claws unsheathed- no one to stop us. Then it just grew- every week, we'd meet and more cats would come until there were cats from every clan. We'd fight- if you remember back to when we were hosting, a lot of the apprentices had cuts with mysterious origins. That was Fence Cl-" she realized she'd called her club by its true name, belaying the fact that she'd named it after herself. Why was I trying to hide it? She thought, I'm already telling her I made it. She didn't notice that she'd given up her friends- especially Dieseltooth.

"When we had cats from all four clans, I made a plan- each clan would choose a champion, and we'd have them fight. To find out which clan had the strongest apprentices. The SunClan champion- Oakpaw, and the MoonClan one - Tangypaw? They went first. Oakpaw won by a landslide, and Tangypaw- she's bad news. She attacked Marshpaw too, in one of the meetings." Now she knows the medicine cat was in on it, "Tangypaw tried to kill her. I drug her off and ended the meeting. That was the last one."

The young warrior took a deep breath, her yellow tabby cat shining in the light of camp. A great burden had been lifted off her shoulders and she felt like she could finally breathe.

--
April 12, 2018 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LunarDrop
SoftSkin innocently walked into camp, a small bounce in his step. It was extremely odd. In this harsh and hating clan he felt happier and more accepting of himself than he ever did in MoonClan, the supposed 'nicer' clan. Maybe it was because cats just didn't seem to care about appearances here, what with all the scars and mange some had, but that wasn't all. Because he had some friends. The bald medicine cat brought some of the herbs from the park to his den and put them with the rest of the stores.
April 12, 2018 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.