Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > EclipseClan > EclipseClan Clearing

Ember
Site Owner

"I was just hoping to stret-" Demeter began, then unleashed a scream as the dog strambled into the camp.  She blindly ran toward the nursery and huddled up in the corner.  "Th- there's a wolf in the camp!"

--

February 4, 2018 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

Hades released a high pitched scream and darted behind the couch for shelter. He huddled there silently, eyes wide and breath caught in his throat. The thing was so big! 

The dog turned its head from side to side, letting out snarls as though hoping to run the cats from their own home. He was terribly weak and outnumbered, but desperate. He had his fair share of run ins with ferals, but he had never seen so many in one place before. With blind fear and survival instinct, he lashed out at the first cat to race towards him, who just happened to be Cronus. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

February 4, 2018 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencepaw sensed the danger of the dog within the twoleg nest and began spitting as she backed herself up against the wall. Wildly, she looked around for who would need help the most, just as the dog ran for Cronus.Noticing the dog's skinny weakness and desperate behavior, she knew it would kill a cat if it meant a warmer place to sleep. She'd had experience with dogs when she'd lived in the salt-scent city with her mother and brother, and knew they were easily distracted and were also quite dumb, loping and using size rather than strength or finesse in a fight. Though she was small, Fencepaw was quick on her feet and cleverly dashed up behind the dog, taking a very quick swipe at it's tail to begin to hope about distracting it from Cronus, for she assumed the bengal wouldn't know how to handle himself in a fight considering his kittypet roots and old age.

"Eep!" she screamed as she felt her claw tear into the dog's flesh, but she ran away without looking to see if she'd made any damage, jumping up onto the counter in the kitchen near the other terrified cats in the nest. She looked around to Dieselpaw, Blackpaw, and Delano to see where they were and if they'd made it to somewhere safe.

--

O ye'll tak' the high road, and I'll tak' the low road, And I'll be in Scotland afore ye,

But me and my true love will never meet again, On the bonnie, bonnie banks o' Loch Lomond.

February 4, 2018 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Honeyy

Delano flicked his ears forward and scrunched up his face when the stench of dog seemed to smack him on the nose. "Oh my, what a terrible smell." He huffed angrily and hopped onto the windowsill, glaring down at the dog. "Fencepaw!" He scolded, his pale yellow eyes narrowing at the she-cat. "Don't be mouse-brained and do anything by yourself."

--

I refuse to let anyone destroy my peace.

February 4, 2018 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

spotthecat
Azureblaze padded into the camp, his navy ringed gaze glancing back to make certain Psych was follow. Although he came to a quick halt when he scented something familiar, dog. With a sharp hiss, he bounded toward the kitchen. "Hey, you piece of crowfood! Why don't you go back to your two legs where you belong!" He growled with a loud hiss, unsheathing his claws. Now, the blue-grey tom knew how to deal with dogs, for the Nightclan blood that ran through him never ceased to come out. He hated dogs with a passion, for the tom still remembered the day a dog had killed his mother, Willownight, and everytime he saw one, the hatred burned in his eyes. 'If only I could lure the dog away... I'm sure I can.." With another his he ran straight for the dog, outstretched claws running through it's back as Azureblaze made a leap. He knew to watch it's mouth and paws.
--

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path ~ Psalm 119:105 I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me ~ Phillippians 4:13

February 4, 2018 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alienfish

"A pleasant afternoon, isn't it?" Poseidon replied to Tallstride, whose name still eluded him, but is provided in this retelling for the sake of simplicity. It was perhaps by coincidence, or perhaps by some influence of dramatic irony, that a huge beast burst into the camp a moment after Poseidon's statement, disturbing that pleasant atmosphere to which he had been alluding. The commotion easily catching this cautious tom's attention, Poseidon turned from curious to shocked quite quickly.

No justification exists for this - this insolence! Poseidon had left the life of a kitty pet to improve his stature, his status, and his legacy. Perhaps, in some ways, he had been bored with his old life, the mundanity of it. But it was the social aspect which had bored him, the lack of challenge in that regard, and it had been in that topic that he had sought improvement. Not this - not in the life-threatening aspect of life! His life was quite threatened enough already, from the pestering annoyance of his fellow bengals and their woes, to the flickering itch which occasionally presented itself in the small of his back. No amount of satisfaction could ever overcome the panic he felt, but did not show, in this situation.

But wait - did he see as he thought he saw? This dog, this wolf, this horrid creature who blighted the camp with its presence and its unspoken threats, was a danger to all that met it. This danger was one which Poseidon recognized, one which he perhaps even feared, but could it be that now he came to appreciate its presence? For was that not Cronus, rushing towards the danger? The old fool is dead, doubtless! No one can survive this, not in his state, Poseidon mused, a grin coming across his lips.

"Get him, Cronus! I've never seen a braver cat than you," he yelled. Then, turning to Tallstride, he gestured towards the brewing fight. "Shouldn't you be getting in there?"

--

February 4, 2018 at 9:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencepaw groaned at Delano, "It's going to attack the newcomers! They don't know how to fight, Delano," though she was doing a very large amount of assuming, she noticed the kittypet's softness and didn't want for them to get hurt. "We need to do something," she almost begged as she looked up at him with wide green eyes.

--

O ye'll tak' the high road, and I'll tak' the low road, And I'll be in Scotland afore ye,

But me and my true love will never meet again, On the bonnie, bonnie banks o' Loch Lomond.

February 4, 2018 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Honeyy

Delano groaned and jumped down next to Fencepaw, his claws now unsheathed. "You have a point. But we're just apprentices." He meowed helplessly before a small smirk was etched onto his lips. This should be fun.. He braced himself and lashed his tail from side to side. "It would be smart to go for the ankles.." He mumbled to her.

--

I refuse to let anyone destroy my peace.

February 4, 2018 at 9:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

spotthecat
As the dog turned his head with slobbery jaws opening to grasp at the tom's neck, Azureblaze swatted it's muzzle and leapt off of the dog, slowly, but surely luring it toward the entrance. "Mousebrain kittypets to scared to do a f***'n thing..." He muttered to himself with a growl as he glanced toward the cats on the counters. Surely he'd have a little 'talk' with one of them later. His navy ringed gaze looked back to the dog as it made another snap toward him.
--

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path ~ Psalm 119:105 I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me ~ Phillippians 4:13

February 4, 2018 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

Cronus leapt onto the dog's back, raking his claws into the beast's sagging skin as he emitted a yowl. Blood welled into the cuts, and while the dog yelped, it whipped its head around and grabbed Cronus by the throat. It's strong jaws came together around the old tom-cat's neck and he flung the bengal across the room. 

Shere Khan, Wookiee, Orion, and Achilles had all raced forward to assist in driving off the beast. The four Maine Coons were well accustomed to the threat of dogs, so they stayed out of reach. The toms would take turns darting forward, swatting at the dog's leg, and then darting away. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

February 4, 2018 at 10:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencepaw grinned deviously at Delano, "Make sure you stay near its hind end," she said softly but quickly, jumping off the counter and pelting for the dog once it threw Cronys, running past it but reaching out as she did so to run a long line down the dog's back. As her claws caught it's skin, she was unexpectantly yanked back and one of her claws was wrenched painfully, but her sore paw paled in comparison to the adrenaline which filled her as the dog's blood delicately splashed her flank. She jumped back into the counter, looking to Azureblaze and the maine coons and wondering if the warriors were noticing her bravery. It was a big deal for the apprentice, that's for sure.

"If you turn it around I can jump on it's back!" she shouted to nobody in particular, prepared to use the vantage point of the counter to her advantage, though she was dreadfully frightened of the dog's snapping jaws and intended to stay well away from them.

--

February 4, 2018 at 10:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

Achilles' ears flattened and he glanced towards Fencepaw when he heard from the apprentice. He could certainly do that... and if it got the dog out of the camp. Without much thought, the black smoke Maine Coon darted forward and attempted to draw the dog's attention. He darted about its front legs, getting it to turn its back on Fencepaw. But before he was able to leap away, the dripping jaws closed around him, just below his spine. 

--

February 4, 2018 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencepaw shouted out in surprise, watching the dog's ivory teeth clamp onto Achilles. She didn't know his name, but she'd seen him around, and his willingness to help defend the clan was admirable. Desperate to help, she leapt down onto the dog and landed squarely on it's back, scrabbling with her legs at it's loose and mangy pelt to get a good grip. Her heartbeat beat in her ears and she couldn't believe she had taken such a leap. She leaned forward, struggling to keep her grip as the dog began to shake, and gripped it's ear squarely in her teeth. Yanking back, she felt the salty tang of blood in her mouth.

"Let him go!" she screeched, reaching around with one of her paws and reaching desperately for the dog's throat, though her legs were much too short. 

--

February 4, 2018 at 11:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

The dog yelped as it released Achilles, allowing the Maine Coon's limp body to fall to the ground. The mangy mutt shook out his fur, attempting to throw Fencepaw from its back. It was quickly becoming clear that this was not a place he could settle into for the cold winter. The dog ran back towards the way it had entered, sending both Orion and Hades flying in its mad rush to escape.

--

February 4, 2018 at 11:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencepaw fell off the dog's back as it began to run, and when she hit the ground, it's back leg came down hard into her soft underbelly. Curling on on herself, she felt warmth begin to spread in her fur. The stun of the pain wore off quickly, leaving blinding pain as Fencepaw opened one eye wisply. She stood, unsure on her feet, and crept off to the corner, hoping the dog wouldn't notice as she staggered from the pain. She briefly registered Achilles lying limp on the ground, and cursed, wondering if her actions had made any difference.

--

February 5, 2018 at 12:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Dieselpaw and Blackpaw darted toward the dog, both shouting for cats to get out of the way as he seemed to flee.  Dieselpaw pounced toward it, trying to land a good blow on its hindquarters.

--

February 5, 2018 at 12:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
Zeus pressed against the wall, his golden eyes wide and scared, his paws frozen in place. Why did these cat call this place safe?/\/\/\ Psych had managed to get a good swipe in at the dogs flank before her head had become a victim to its jaws. She had stumbled back and let the other fifty cats around it finish it off, while she tried to make sure that she hadn't lost an eye.
--
And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread. And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. - Luke 4:3-4
February 5, 2018 at 8:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L

The dog ducked back through the hole it had entered from, paws scratching along the ground as it attempted to wedge its way back out into the bitter air. The stray fled, bleeding, and with its tail between its legs. 

--

February 5, 2018 at 10:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

spotthecat
Azureblaze watched the young ones chase off the dog, a quiet laugh rumbled through his voice. "What a flea-brain, ay Psych?" He asked the molly, his city voice coming through a little more than usual. The blue-grey tom was known to hang with gang cats ever since his mother was killed, but that didn't stop him from being loyal to Nightclan nor Eclipseclan.
--

February 5, 2018 at 11:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L

"Achilles, Orion!" Shere Khan shouted out the names of the Maine Coons as he rushed to where they laid, sprawled out at awkward angles, unmoving. Wookiee was directly at his side, looking down at the bodies. 

"No..." Wookiee whispered. 

--

February 5, 2018 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.