Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > SunClan > SunClan Camp

Airmid

Lunardance glanced at the proceedings with no small amount of curiosity and surprise, but Slipknot quickly took up all of her attention again; and rightfully so, as she pressed up to him. "I've been better, but I think it'll improve now that I'm with you." After a moment though, she followed Slipknot's realization and looked up to see Pebblepelt turning and padding to the warriors area- she'd give the two space and recommend that they talk to Anat soon, but she....couldn't say she condoned something that put both of them in danger.

--

hello luvs- hope everyone is doing aight.

May 29, 2018 at 12:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flickerwick
Slipknot continued purring, enjoying the warmth that came off of Lunardance through the crisp autumn winds. He watched as Pebblepelt padded away, wondering what was going through her mind before turning his attention back to the silver-pelted cat beside him. "So, do you want a tour, or something?" Slip asked cheekily. "Want me to make you a nest in our sleeping area? Or shall we search for Anat and get you inducted into the cult of Sun?"
--
A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on her own wings.
May 29, 2018 at 12:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Airmid

Lunardance broke into giggles at the manner which Slipknot described Sunclan, but composed herself fairly quickly. "Would you mind showing me around? This is a much different layout than Moonclan." And Starclan, it was so open too! How did Sunclanners not constantly look over their shoulders in fear of something watching them from the plains? 

...Then again, that probably explained why all the stereotypes portrayed Sunclan as the jumpy clan. Who wouldn't be jumpy with no place to hide? 

--

hello luvs- hope everyone is doing aight.

May 29, 2018 at 12:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flickerwick
"No problem," Slipknot replied earnestly, laying his tail over her shoulders to guide her. First, he brought Lunardance over to the High Stump, eyeing it with disdain. "This is the High Stump, even though it isn't very high for a stump. The leader gives speeches here, the medicine cat puts their herbs here, and during bad weather the most vulnerable clanmates shelter behind it." He informed her in your typical indifferent tour guide voice. Slip winked at her before moving to a dip in the grass, littered with nests of different designs. "This is the warrior's sleeping area. I don't put anything special in my nest, but I can find some feathers to line yours. If you'd like, of course."
--
A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on her own wings.
May 29, 2018 at 1:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Python [Busy]
Veinpool sniffed through the pile of herbs he had laid out in front of him. Knowing the weather was colder he checked herbs that worked for fevers and colds "Feverfew, Borage and Chervil," He muttered to himself listing each herb and noticing that he was almost out of Chervil. He huffed "Should I get some hawkweed? Juniper berries? Lavender maybe?" he asked himself thinking of which herb would work the best but stay fresh for a long time in storage.
May 29, 2018 at 7:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Bastet walked back into camp, carrying a larger bird in her jaws. As she set it off in the fresh kill pile, she made another sweep of the cats in the clan, before settling alone to clean her paws, keeping an eye out for her surroundings.

--

"How can I protect you from the wolves, if I don't have any teeth?" - Toxicmamba to Jade

May 30, 2018 at 12:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

Shadedmoss looked around the camp, thinking. She knew that if she were to be a successful deputy under Anat, she would have to be proactive. Deputies were afforded a certain amount of respect by virtue of their position, but this resource was not inexhaustible. She would need to gain the respect of her Clanmates through her actions as well. She needed to be a major part of the image of the Clan from here on forth. This was not something that was particularly easy for her, but she knew that to succeed, she would have to go out of her way to talk to her clanmates, and listen to them. Spotting Bastet depositing a bird by the fresh-kill pile, she thought some more. A relative of Anat would be a great place to start. A foundation, one might say. Padding over to where the she-cat had settled, Shadedmoss dipped her head, mewing, "That was a lovely catch. Your training has certainly been a success." Raising her head so that her gaze fell right upon the apprentice, she continued, "How does it feel to see Anat rise up to this position? It must be quite the feeling."

--

Showing empathy towards people and things, both real and imagined, isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of being human.

May 30, 2018 at 12:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Bastet looked up to the she-cat with a nearly bored expression but knew better than to be rude to the deputy. "My self-training has been dutiful. Every day I do a morning sprint, then battle exercises, then hunting to end off. I take an afternoon break, then an afternoon jog, more battle training, then another hunt." She said, laying out her routine for the deputy, her blue eyes unwavering as she spoke. When asked about her aunt, she gave a small shrug. "It was destined in our bloodline. But all in all, I'm proud of her, it showed that cats truly understood just how much work she was putting forth for her clan and her family." She said, flicking her ears up at her. "How does it feel to be deputy?" She wasn't the best at making casual conversation past battle or hunting tactics.

--

"How can I protect you from the wolves, if I don't have any teeth?" - Toxicmamba to Jade

May 30, 2018 at 12:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

Shadedmoss had to restrain herself from frowning at how the younger cat responded. It seemed very stilted, as if this seemed too trivial for them. This wasn't off to the best start, but she would remain optimistic. "I don't think I've quite processed it just yet," Shadedmoss admitted, giving the apprentice a small smile, "It is certainly quite the shift in responsibility, that's for sure." She was a bit curious about something Bastet had said. Why was their bloodline so important? Wasn't their service to the Clan the important piece of the puzzle? "Well," Shadedmoss mewed, deciding that with this one it seemed best to change the subject to something more serious, "One of the first things I'd like to do as deputy as gauge how the Clan sees itself. What are our issues, strengths, etc. Perhaps you have some thoughts you'd like to share?" She smiled again, hoping to reassure Bastet, "If you don't have anything to say, you don't have to say anything. This is entirely optional!"

--

Showing empathy towards people and things, both real and imagined, isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of being human.

May 30, 2018 at 12:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Bastet flicked her ears forward, and her eyes were cold - she was calculating and thinking, and after a few moments, she looked back up to the deputy. "This clan is weak, pathetic, and it shows to the other clans. As an analogy, they see us as rabbits while they hunt, a non-existent threat." It was very obvious she had far more than nothing to say. "The apprentices are too busy lazing about that they get no training done, though that's not particularly their fault, considering half their mentors bother to show up or the other half don't care at all and would rather get caught up in pathetic dramas. If anything that only makes us less intimidating to the other clans, and it's idiotic. It's honestly quite pathetic." She said, her voice unwavering as she watched the deputy in front of her. "What the clans seem to underestimate is our speed and our capability to survive because of the open-ended camp, so when we get into battle they treat us like we're weak so it gives us an opportunity to show that we are not, but it's hard to take advantage of that when it's true. The generations are learning more and more to be lazy or just to keel over in front of enemies instead of how to fight because of the lack of attention or the lack of care when it comes to training. I haven't seen a real training session here in moons, and I'm only getting mine because my grandfather and my father taught me how, which is stated in the warrior code, shouldn't be happening. But it's the only way I get my training, and now that my father has left and my grandfather is getting older, it's up to me." She said, her words as harsh as they got, no barrier into her words. "SunClan's legacy rests on the shoulders of the younger cats, and if they aren't trained, we get weaker. We get taken advantage of. And right now, seeing so many apprentices just lazing about camp after I come back from my routines, it's revolting to know just how lazy they are getting." She finished, her main concerns firmly brought out, but a lot was still left in the back of the young apprentice's mind.

--

May 30, 2018 at 11:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

Shadedmoss nearly flinched at the sharp sincerity of the words spoken by the apprentice. This was not some simple whining from an annoyed apprentice; this was the words of someone who truly believed they had been denied what they deserve. Shadedmoss noted with growing respect that the she-cat remained composed the entire way through. It was quite impressive. Her words weren't without merit. Shadedmoss had experienced this aloofness when it came to training as well. She had truly only reached where she was now due to her work ethic, something many of her peers did not have or did not develop. There was also the point of the Clan image. When she had heard of Reign escaping to EarthClan, she had not been overly concerned; however, when she heard that they had been told off and had left without a fight, it had bothered her deep down. There were certainly underlying issues. "I appreciate your words," Shadedmoss mewed sincerely, meeting Bastet's gaze, "I've noticed some of what you brought up myself over the moons. Perhaps we should establish more centralized training if these mentors are absent? If your aunt approves, I could set up training sessions for you and many of our other apprentices. Perhaps you would be willing to join with me to explain these issues to Anat once she returns? I see no reason as to why we can't get to work on changing this clan's work ethic as soon as possible." She dipped her head once again, making sure the apprentice knew she was being taken seriously.

--

May 31, 2018 at 7:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Bastet flicked her ears once. "There needs to be one on one training companionship when it comes to warriors and apprentices, but as we've both witnessed SunClan lacks that. So perhaps doing something like that would be smart - to get all the apprentices up and working." She murmured and shook her head. "I don't want to have to return to basics and learn alongside the oversized kittens. I'd rather continue my routine and learn more advanced techniques." She said quite firmly and nodded once. "My aunt is about as calculating, if not more than I am. She'll be willing to listen." She said, watching the deputy. 

--

May 31, 2018 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

"Yes," Shadedmoss mewed, nodding, "The mentor aspect is certainly a necessity. I was thinking of this group training in conjunction with solo training, especially with those in need of work. I won't force those who have had good training such as yourself to dealing with new apprentices." Taking a long look at Bastet, she added with a small smile, "You're going to be a great warrior one day Bastet, I'm sure. I'll keep you posted on Anat's response, and if you need anything else, just ask." 

--

May 31, 2018 at 7:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Bastet dipped her head. "I appreciate the praise, but I won't believe that myself until I prove it." She said, her tail curling around her paws. "Anat listens pretty well and grew up alongside my father. If anything she will add more that I missed." 

--

May 31, 2018 at 7:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

Shadedmoss glanced at the apprentice for a few heartbeats longer before dipping her head one last time and turning to return to her previous resting position. She would continue watching over the camp until Anat came back. It seemed like a good start, and hopefully nothing would need to be dealt with, but if something was there, she could help out.

--

May 31, 2018 at 7:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lakeripple
Bubblepaw bounced around camp in excitement despite the fact that it was cold. The white fluffy she-cat soon took notice of her mentor Veinpool checking his herbs and decided to talk to him. She rushed over and accidentally stumbled into the herbs he was currently checking. Bubblepaw flattened her ears back and looked as she saw that the herbs her mentor were listing scattered across the camp "I'm sorry Veinpool! It was an accident!" she said knowing she was in trouble now.
--

"May all your bacon burn" ~ random

June 1, 2018 at 10:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gingerheart

Basking in the sun, near the edge of the camp, was Darkstride. Doing such offered him warmth during leaf-fall, as the temperature dropped more and more. His pelt was thin, not built for cool weather, so he basked in the sun quite a lot. It made him look lazy at times, and even feel it. At times he swore the cool air froze his joints and made him sluggish, while in green-leaf the heat made him sleepy; this was his excuse for being lazy. But that didn’t mean he was always that way. Actually, he was quite an active tom. He was playful, and enjoyed the compony of others. But his favorite thing was to run. Keeping his legs moving filled him with excitement. Now that he thought about it, it didn’t feel that cool. The sun was shining, and he didn’t need to relax to keep warm. Perhaps he should go for a good run and catch a rabbit or something. He sat up and yawned, blinking the laziness out of his eyes and started grooming his soft pelt. Might as well keep up his appearance before going out.

--

It is in my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: when it comes to matters of protecting my family, my friends, and my heart. Do not trifle with me; for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know ~ Wolfcry

June 1, 2018 at 11:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Python [Busy]
Veinpool glared at Bubblepaw as he stood up from the spot he had been sitting at "Be more careful!" he snapped at his apprentice looking at the herbs that had been scattered across the camp and he hoped that the wind doesn't blow the herbs away. He frowned seeing as most of the Feverfews petals were bent now as well as the borage leaves. Veinpool looked back at Bubblepaw and flicked his tail in annoyance "Leave me alone so I can pick up this mess. Go trouble another cat with your mousebrain antics," he told them before starting to collect the herbs that got scattered around the camp.
June 1, 2018 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Flintstriker, a tall, purebred Savannah with a gruesome backstory, brushed through the SunClan camp with ease. Her legs were long, and she managed to tower over he rclan in height. She was quite beautiful as well, if a cat chose to look over the missing fur on her legs. That was a battle her body did not overcome as an apprentice, instead the condition worsened and the skin became clear of any sign of fur at all. The cat then sat in the sun, her thin, black spotted pelt shining in the bright light over the camp.
--

June 1, 2018 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gingerheart

Darkstride was having a little trouble with a particularly stubborn curl on his chest, attempting to flatten it. He didn’t always have that little curl; it just showed all of a sudden, and only seemed to get worse the more he tried to tame it. It just seemed to become a natural curl somehow. Eventually he decided to just give up, realizing it was only futile. With a quiet huff he sat up straight, averting his attention elsewhere when a she-cat caught his sight. She was elegant, and quite the beauty. Without thinking he sprung to his paws and started towards her. Of course he was drawn to her beauty, but he was also rather new to the Clan, so making a new friend was always good.

“Greetings,” he meowed, smirking, but dipping his head respectfully. “I don’t believe we’ve met before. I’m Darkstride.”

--

It is in my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: when it comes to matters of protecting my family, my friends, and my heart. Do not trifle with me; for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know ~ Wolfcry

June 1, 2018 at 1:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.