Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > SunClan > SunClan Camp

Alienfish

Her expression was stark as she stared out at the greying skies. Autumn winds and crisp, dying plant life riddled the barren camp. It felt empty but efficient, for the moment.

Windelk had been standing here for quite some time, now. She stared, almost absently, watching others as little as she could. There was too much here, too few out there. So much suffering. May you find good hunting, swift running, and shelter when you sleep... She hated Sandstar. She didn't want to, but in that moment she could not help but hate him, as irrational as it was. "May you find good hunting, swift running, and shelter when you sleep," she murmured, words and winds merging and disappearing over the rolling dunes.

--

May 19, 2018 at 9:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Flintstriker looked out upon the camp, her eyes flashing with their pure amber color. Her tail quickly curled over her paws, and the tip curled up and down. As well as that, her large ears swiveled around to take in all the things in the camp. Early and bright in the morning was the time to be awake, when all the cats around were just then getting to their jobs.
--

May 19, 2018 at 9:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Slatepelt marched up to a high point along the lip of the camp and called. "Anyone who hasn't been assigned an evening patrol yet, I'm leading one to the EarthClan border!"

--

May 19, 2018 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Python [Busy]
Ravenblood jumped up as soon as she heard Slatepelt. The black she-cat made her way towards the tom "I'll come along," she told him. She knew it was just a border patrol but it was better then staying in camp all day.
May 19, 2018 at 6:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Honeyy

"Thank you Slatepelt," came the gentle raspy voice of Anat as she came into camp with a hare in her jaws. She had been gone a while, and was sure that the whole 'don't leave the camp alone' rule had been tossed since Smokethorn was gone now. She padded over to Mothflame with a raised eyefur before placing the hare at her aunt's paws. "Figured you'd probably be hungry.."

--

I refuse to let anyone destroy my peace.

May 19, 2018 at 6:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

"Oh, thanks deary!" Mothflame chirped in response to Anat.  Fenkit stared at Anat from a tail-length away and a wicked smile spread across her face.  She dropped into a little mock hunting crouch and crawled toward her, then pounced on the deputy with a little squeaked growl. "Grrrr!"

--

May 19, 2018 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

River

Mismatched eyes flickered open, dull violet and teal, to gaze upon a camp just as the one Saros had fallen asleep to the sight of - equally dull as his own eyes. It was foolish to expect anything better than before, Saros knew, but a delusional hope had permeated his life long ago, a hope that maybe, when the sun rose in the morning, SunClan would rise with it, rise to meet the standard of the legends he'd heard, rise to be the clan he'd grown up worshipping. This SunClan was no SunClan to have such pride in - Saros had begun to fear the tales of his ancestors may never have been so glorious.

--

*He/him*

May 20, 2018 at 8:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alienfish

She couldn't sigh anymore. A sigh signified exhasperation, surrender, defeat... there was nothing left to lose. She simply was now, but no thing could be without a purpose for too long. If she didn't move, if she didn't work... she had always worked and all her work had gone to nothing. There were so many out there who had suffered, just like her, and she had been blind because she had not been the one to suffer. She could not escape back into that peace, now, because dark thoughts followed her there. They followed her when she worked, too, but there they were sometimes encumbered by the obstacles she, too, overcame. It was safer, happier, and more natural to work. But her work was very different now.

Windelk approached an apprentice, a foreigner who had come to the clan while she was incapacitated. She would likely have noticed him less if she had been uninjured, in fact, and that saddened her. She would not make that mistake again.

"How are you, Saros?"

--

May 20, 2018 at 8:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

River

"How are you, Saros?"

The words were like a cruel taunt to Sarospaw's ears, for he quite simply wasn't well. How could anyone be well when surrounded by such disappointment?

"I'm fine," Saros responded, his words short and clipped, void of any emotion other than the dull emptiness. He didn't prompt Windelk with a returned question, didn't seek to prolong the conversation - he'd given up in finding any worth in conversation, especially here, long ago. Here, everyone was the same. Conformism - Saros hated it.

--

*He/him*

May 20, 2018 at 8:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alienfish

Windelk looked at Saros, studied him from her vantage point. Me too, she told herself. I'm fine too. I'm fine too. I'm fine. I'm fine.

"Okay," Windelk replied, slowly. "You don't have to say you're fine. The truth is... more helpful."

--

May 20, 2018 at 9:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

River

Saros lot out a soft snort at that.

"Really?" His voice was bitter and dejected, "If the truth is so much more helpful, why does no one ever bother to listen to it, when it's not what they want to hear?"

--

*He/him*

May 20, 2018 at 9:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alienfish

"I agree," Windelk replied. "Sometimes we just can't see it. And some of us... some of us are much worse than others."

...cats should never see this. Windelk breathed. Sandstar's voice had been growing louder in the past few days. It was a different sensation, to here this rather than... his.

--

May 20, 2018 at 9:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

River

Sarospaw sighed, shifting into an upright position as his gaze flickered to gaze out into the moors.

"SunClan was supposed to be glorious... Sometimes- no, y'know what, all the time, I wonder where that glory went. Because this life was supposed to be glorious. But really it's just..." Saros shook his head lightly, "This was supposed to be the clan of my ancestors, the clan of... of hunters, and warriors, the clan that thrives against all odds, the clan of resilience and hard work to survive! But this... this is just a mess."

--

*He/him*

May 20, 2018 at 9:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alienfish

"Have you given up?" Windelk asked. The yellow grass reflected sunlight back to her, all around her, as wind rustled it and birds sang short snippets of a chirping song. 

--

May 20, 2018 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Mothflame laughed as she saw her daughter attack- adorably- the deputy.

“Keep your claws sheathed,” She cautioned.

--

May 21, 2018 at 11:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Honeyy

Anat smiled at Mothflame when she thanked her then let out a surprised squeak when she was attacked. "Oh!" She turned and peered at her assailant and, to her surprise, it was her...cousin. "Well hello. Quite an impressive stalk you have there, little miss. I never would have saw it coming." She giggled lightly.

--

I refuse to let anyone destroy my peace.

May 22, 2018 at 2:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Fenkit purred, drinking in the cat's praise even though she didn't know who Anat was, exactly, beyond that her mom seemed to like her.

"So, how've things been?" Mothflame asked.

--

May 23, 2018 at 12:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SweetSucculents

Doepaw entered camp, limping slightly. She leaned on Rabbitpaw for support, which helped a bit. She entertwined her tail with his, a giddy face spread out onto her facial features. With a purr, she announced the news to everyone, her voice booming.

"Everyone! Rabbitpaw is rejoining SunClan!"

She felt so excited to finally have her closest friend back. She turned her head over and lay her head on his shoulder, the purr rumbling louder as she spoke. 

--

-Duffel Bag Of Lizards-

May 23, 2018 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Twitch
Rabbitpaw caught his breath for a moment, his heart racing at the sight of his old home, if only he were here for better reasons. He was happy to see doepaw again but when he caught view of the cats inside the camp, his expression went numb. No light to his eyes, no smile, he looked like a statue. What if someone found out? If he was exposed, would they kill him? Would they even have a choice? He was committing treason just by being here and now with his mothers plan..no..no he had to keep up the act, even if all his fur stood on edge as he watched the numerous warriors, a lot of new faces..this would be hard.
May 23, 2018 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flickerwick
Ragingpaw glanced over at Rabbitpaw and Doepaw, blue eyes searching the other male apprentice. Despite the way 'rejoining' caught on Raging's ears, he didn't recognize him. What a pity. The red-blonde apprentice could definitely use someone to hang out with, and not just because he had no friends. Okay, so, maybe it was because he had no friends... It gets lonely sometimes, you know!
--
A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on her own wings.
May 23, 2018 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.