Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > SunClan > SunClan Camp

Kamira

Heatherkit's ghostly pale pelt had a golden halo surrounding it. The kit closed her soft blue eyes as she listened to her mother's story, the black markings streaking her muzzle making her look like the sphinx of her father's suffix. She mulled over Snakerain's words with careful consideration. The kit was smaller than her siblings- frail, almost -and she'd missed most of her milestones as her siblings had. The last to open her eyes. The last to take her first steps. The last to speak. But the first, it seemed, to ponder.

"Why can't it be both?" she said, meeting her mother's icy blue eyes with a pastel echo of her own. "The Earth rotates and the sun is is life and fire and the moon is cold and death- they don't sleep because that's stupid. Why do you have to pick which one you believe?" she asked, ever the philosopher.

--
April 11, 2018 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

"It's one thing for you to think that what Sandstar think was right, it's entirely a different think to think that me sharing my own thoughts is wrong," Slatestep snapped back, shifting the conversation.

"Can we just go hunt or something?" Mothflame interrupted.

"This is important," Slatepelt replied, tail lashing.

--

April 12, 2018 at 1:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mockingdeath & Co.
Apep padded into the camp with a plump rabbit hanging from his maw. Though there was obvious exhaustion in his movement the tom's eyes were shining. Behind him was Klorel, his eldest son in the group. A few birds hung by a wing. To the left of Klorel was Brewingstorm. A rabbit and three mice swayed from his maw. The three had been hunting for quite some time. Despite Apep's desire to carry his portion of the catch, his sons overruled him and divided it between themselves. As he deposited the prey in the pile the older tom cat parted ways with his sons. He greeted Sunfall with a genuine smile and a few kind words before continuing on. He made his usual rounds to greet his friends and extended kin. Afterwards, the warrior paused by a patch of tall grass. The deep blue of his eyes narrowed into slits as they scanned the camp. One cat was on his mind. The love of his life. The reason for his existence. Daisybelle. He wished to find her and spend time with her after such a long journey. But something else caught his attention instead. A kit. Her eyes were blue. That wasn't anything. Nor was her black pelt. The thing that paused his heartbeat was the tinge of golden fur under her eyes. Only his bloodline contained this trait. He missed the birth of his grandkits. The ones from Midnightsphinx's mate. With a twitch of his whiskers and swift yet elegant movement, Apep was standing in front of the kit. "What might your name be?" Though the looming figure could be viewed as intimidating to some, he knew this shouldn't be the case for his kin. His voice was kind yet firm.
--
"When you laugh, I want to slit your throat. Your smile makes my eyes burn from its pleasantness. I hate you because I enjoy everything you do. Your company. Knowing you'll follow me everywhere. I'm in love with you, you simple minded parasite." - Cryingwolf to Flare

April 12, 2018 at 9:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Spirit and the gang

Risingdawn kissed his new mate back, passion emanating from him as a vibe. For a moment, he was taken back to his apprenticeship, when he'd taken to sneaking out to meet Russetfall at the border. When he finally did pull away, it wasn't to break the kiss so much as to stare into Russetfall's eyes. Green met with red, and both were full of love. "Russet... there's nothing I'd want more than to start a family with you." He blinked as a sudden thought came to him. "But... how?" His eyes became quizzical as they stared into Russetfall's.

--

"You can do anything if you set your mind to it! At least, that's what the old people say." -Greg in "Over The Garden Wall"

April 12, 2018 at 9:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Bastet blinked a few times as she finally caught the tom in her gaze that she had been told so much about, her gaze looked at him seeming to make calculations, but a soft smile faded onto her lips. "Bastet. Daughter of Snakerain and Midnightsphinx." She answered with an affirmative nod, her blue eyes wide as she looked at the golden tinges of fur under his blue eyes. "What's yours?" She asked, pretty sure that she knew his name, but she was smart enough not to make assumptions. She wanted him to tell her that he was her grandpa. 

--

"How can I protect you from the wolves, if I don't have any teeth?" - Toxicmamba to Jade

April 12, 2018 at 12:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mockingdeath & Co.
A sudden blaze of joy ripped through his chest. He was finally meeting one of his grandkits. Long past due in his mind. "Bastet, aye? A respectable name for an honorable feline." A gleam in his eye showed that he was proud of the kit having an Egyptian name. "I am Apep. Son of Set and Deathbringer. Mate of Daisybelle. Father of Midnightsphinx. Your grandfather." He dipped his head with a proud smile. Upon raising to his full height, the older cat raised his nose in the air, while keeping an eye fixed on her. "Where did you think you got that regal golden fur from?" He laughed lightly. "I can already tell you take after Midnightsphinx. Your posture and tone show you would rather work on progressing forward rather than take a moment to relax and take in all life has to offer. Just always remember to waste just a few moments. Whether it be watching the sun rise, sun set, moon rise and fall. Enjoy things others take for granted." After the small lecture about remembering to relax, he settled into a comfortable stance. "What are the names of your siblings? I have been gone hunting for some time with your uncles." He gave a small toss of his hear back towards Klorel and Brewingstorm.
--
"When you laugh, I want to slit your throat. Your smile makes my eyes burn from its pleasantness. I hate you because I enjoy everything you do. Your company. Knowing you'll follow me everywhere. I'm in love with you, you simple minded parasite." - Cryingwolf to Flare

April 12, 2018 at 3:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Bastet smiled again, a proudful purr in her little chest. "I think I got it from a respectable tom I call grandfather." She giggled lightly, her light blue eyes warm as she watched him. "The name was my father's idea, wanting to keep the Egyptian names running, from what I remember." She nodded, once, before taking a glance towards her uncles, then her full attention was back on Apep. His speel was well-placed, as the she-cat found no promise in relaxation, but she would listen with a curt nod. Whatever her grandfather had to say, she took it very seriously, and all of it to heart. "I have three brothers, Osiris, Setekh, and Mirekit. And two sisters, Heatherkit and Sagekit." 

Daisybelle purred as she watched Apep and Bastet from afar, her tail wrapped daintily around her paws as her green eyes watched with a warmth and love that only shone for the tom. 

Honeydusk was lounging on a side of camp, purring lightly as she saw her father. Seeing him always made her relaxed, and the way he was with kits... She hoped that he'd be around when, no, if she was ever going to have any. While Apep may take a chunk out of Sandstar should she one day be pregnant, she wanted her kits to meet just what a wonderful tom he was. Though, since Sandstar already had kits, she half-expected that he wouldn't want anymore. And that was fine with her. 

Midnightsphinx spotted his brother from across camp, looking to Toxicmamba with a hard glare, before waving his brother over with his tail. It had been far too long since the two last conversed.

--

"How can I protect you from the wolves, if I don't have any teeth?" - Toxicmamba to Jade

April 12, 2018 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

River

Nightrivers dropped himself abruptly by Twinsouls side, having popped up behind the tom after returning from a hunt in the territory.

"Hello, mate of mine," Nightrivers greeted, flashing Twin a contented grin. The thrill of their newly strengthened relationship had yet to wear off on the dark furred warrior. "Nice day today, isn't it?"

--

*He/him*

April 12, 2018 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

"Not terrible," Twinsouls agreed, a deep purr rumbling in his throat as he pressed his face into Nightrivers' neck. He rubbed his cheek along the black warrior's body and wrapped his tail around Nightrivers'. "How was your hunt?"

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

April 12, 2018 at 8:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

River

"Not too bad," Nightrivers replied, gladly leaning into Twinsouls' gestures, and readily twining his tail with Twinsouls'. "But really, my hunt is nothing of importance - what've you been up to?"

--

*He/him*

April 12, 2018 at 8:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

"Nothing of importance," The white furred tom echoed, letting out a soft snort of amusement. "Giving my leg a break. Twisted it the other day and I think I aggravated one of the old injuries. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

April 12, 2018 at 8:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

River

Nightrivers' grin faded to the melancholic ghost of a smile, as he glanced off to the horizon.

"Those gang cats really did a number on you, huh? A... a lot of things happened around then, I suppose. Some of them were bound to be bad."

--

*He/him*

April 12, 2018 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

"Yeah, well I survived," Twinsouls replied. He didn't like to dwell on the incident, but still experienced painful flashbacks and nightmares. "And it's in the past, so I think we should spend our time on other things."

--

April 12, 2018 at 8:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

River

"Other things, that sounds nice - would you happen to have anything in mind?" Nightrivers' eye flickered to Twinsouls as he spoke, though it soon strayed away again, back to the slowly descending sun, sinking into the moors as though it were doomed to drown in the blazing sea.

--

*He/him*

April 12, 2018 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

"A couple of things..." Twinsouls' voice trailed off as he responded. His gaze wandered out towards the horizon, while his unsheathed claws worked into the dirt beneath him. The blazing sky of the moorland was beautiful and Twinsouls always found the sight captivating. 

--

April 12, 2018 at 9:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sandrunner and Co.
Russetfall looked at Risingdawn with a silly lovesick grin on his face, though nervousness flitted through the red depths of his gaze. "We could...find two surrogants?" He suggested bashfully, his paw scuffing the dusty clearing. "I'd do anything to have a family with you..I never had one. Mom died when I was four moons old, dad left, I didn't have any siblings and...my adoptive mom Jaycall died in the Cougar battle just before I met you. I really want a little you and a little me running around. " he looked at Risingdawn with a soft yet melancholy smile. // Honeydusk caught Sandstar's eye, and the thoughtful look on her face made his paws itch to go to her. He immediately gave in to the feeling and soon found himself standing over her, bending down to lap at her forehead lovingly. A purr rumbled in his throat. He closed his eyes, contented by just her scent alone. "Hello, my beautiful flower." He mumbled quietly in her ear, his gaze suddenly shooting to Apep. He may be a leader with seven lives left but he knew good and well nothing could stop an enraged father. Apep had never really spoken with Sandstar before he became leader, and even then they had never even had a conversation. He wondered breifly what the warrior would think of him. He probably wouldn't think very highly of him once he found out about him being his daughters mate. Sandstar swallowed a little, and realised how Wildblood must feel when he came around. // Osiris' s ears pricked as he noticed his family gathered around Bastet, chatting away. His brows creased as a pang struck his heart. He wished he looked like one of them. Why was he so different? He looked at his mother Snakerain across the clearing, and then his father Midnightsphinx. He noticed for the first time that he was a tan and red replica of his father, minus the red Egyptian eye markings he carried, and his heart lightened a bit. Midnightsphinx's face was cold--almost unapproachable. But his blue gaze wasn't on him..but his uncle Klorel. The tan and red striped tom turned to Toxicmamba since his attention wasn't on him. Creeping quietly to the prisoner he spoke in a low voice, "Why do you have so many scars?" // Strike notoced with a twitching nose that Lightning Dust wasn't in camp. His scent was stale--but she wasn't very worried, yet. Her little son was always charging about, sticking his nose where it didn't belong. She sighed, leaning over to tuck a sleeping Dark Thunder in to her nest. She kissed her sons foregead gently. "I'm going to go find your brother, I'll be right back my little nan." She whispered, standing to pad silently out of camp. // Glacierpaw's gaze cut to Smokethorn and she gave him a cheery smile as she followed Strike out of camp, chatting with her in a bubbly yet reassuring kind of way.(sc territory)// Snakerain pondered her daughters question. "I suppose your right, my little thinker." She meowed quite impressed with her daughter. "I don't belive that the heavenly bodies are actual beings that skeep and wake, but I do think they are a good representation of balance, yin and yang as it where. Im more inclined to think that the earth spins creating night and day." She watched Heatherkit for a moment bending down to nuzzle her cheek where the bkack tear stains lay so strikingly on her face. "Now, tell me why do you think the sky is blue?" She asked with a gentle smile wondering what her daughter would come up with.
--

Turn your face twords the sun and let the shadows fall behind you.

April 12, 2018 at 11:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Honeydusk flicked her ears up at Sandstar's approach, purring lightly. "Hey." She purred, smiling as she nuzzled up on him. "How are you doing?"

Midnightsphinx flicked an ear once as he kept an eye on his brother, not noticing his son.

Toxicmamba jumped a bit, looking at the small tom with wide blue eyes. "G-Go! Don't get in trouble.." He murmured, his ears flattened against his head. He knew the kit was Midnightsphinx's... And if he saw him talking to him, he would be dead. Very, very dead.

Smokethorn purred as the she-cat walked out, his tail curled promptly over his paws. 

--

April 13, 2018 at 12:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sandrunner and Co.
Osiris tipped his head to one side. "He can't kill you unless your proven guilty." He meowed waving his concern away with his red ringed tail. "He's not focused on us anway." Osiris looked up at Midnightsphinx and scooted around Toxicmamba to hide himself on his opposite flank. Being so short had it's advantages..all he had to do was stand on the other side of the tom and he was unnoticable. Except for his scent. "So, how did you get your scars? Do you fight all the time?" He asked gently prodding him in the rib with his over sized kit-soft paw. // Sandstar's ears flattened a little. "Oh me? Im fine, just fine. What about you though? What's on your mind?" He asked turning the conversation away from him. A little bit of nervousness flashed in his purple eyes.
--

Turn your face twords the sun and let the shadows fall behind you.

April 13, 2018 at 12:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

"So is feeding the clan," Mothflame poitned out. "Especially since the gathering will start soon.  We can't leave the queens hungry all night."

"She's right," Frostpatch answered, making his way toward the group.  She offered Veinpool a respectful dip of her head. "Why don't we gather up some patrol members?"

--

April 13, 2018 at 12:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

"What's with all the questions? Sounds like you're nervous." She giggled, smiling softly as she shook her head. "I was just watching my dad talk with Midnightsphinx's kit. I love watching how he is with kits, he really was the best father I could've asked for." She purred. "And I was just thinking about... well kits in general." She gave a gentle look up to him, curiosity flashing in her emerald gaze.

Toxicmamba hissed silently under his breath and tried to scoot away from the kit. "N-no!" 

--

April 13, 2018 at 1:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.