Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > EarthClan > EarthClan Camp

L

"Keeping this clan from making a mistake, that's what I'm doing. I'm not going to be leader. I don't want to be a leader of a clan, I mean jeez, Alderpaw, I've spent my entire life avoiding exactly that!" Risingsun's words to his apprentice were hushed, hissed out through gritted teeth. The tom's ears were flat to his skull and his claws were working nervously into the ground. They didn't know what a mess he was. If they put him in charge of a clan it would crumble within the week. 

He had half a mind to flee from the camp at this very moment. That would certainly change their nomination.

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

April 15, 2018 at 9:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alder
Alderpaw raced back and forth in her mind. The others in the clan seemed to be unaware of his standing with the proposition of leadership. She narrowed her eyes, but out of determination. " Then tell them why.. They need to know that at least"
--

April 15, 2018 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

City of Laurels entered the conversation, ducking his head so that he could speak the words quietly, only Alderpaw and Risingsun able to hear. "Are you insane? Running a pride isn't like being in charge of a clan. They're voting for you, Risingsun. They need you. Don't let your selfishness stand in the way of helping them. For whatever reason these cats have taken to you. Don't be stupid." 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

April 15, 2018 at 9:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alder
" Risingsun.. I told you I wanted you to help me. By doing this, you are fulfilling that by immense amounts. You have always been here for me since I've got here.. No matter what holds you back, no matter your obligations to yourself, you always come back to me in times of need. To Laurel. To us. Please Risingsun.. Understand me, please."
--

April 15, 2018 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

River

Glasswind watched the hushed conversation in silence, inevitably interested in what was being discussed, but having the social sense enough to understand privacy when it was clearly desired. Whatever Alderpaw and City of Laurels were saying, Glasswind only hoped it would talk some reason into Risingsun - EarthClan needed him.

--

*He/him*

April 15, 2018 at 9:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

"I...," Risingsun began, voice cracking as he ran out of excuses to throw back in the faces of the other two. His ears raised slightly, although there was an amount of fear left lingering in his eyes as he accepted what could be a very real fate. "Well... well that's only three votes. Let's not freak about this now, yeah? We'll wait for the rest of the clan, hear their actual decision and everything will smooth out from there."

--

April 15, 2018 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Honeyy

Icepaw looked to his brother again before padding out into the camp to see..an election going on? "Er.." He peered at Risingsun and Alderpaw, his tail tip flicking as he waited to hear more of what was going on.

--

I refuse to let anyone destroy my peace.

April 15, 2018 at 9:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alder
"My vote. It's yours. Don't lose it. " Alderpaw, within their hushed conversation, bluntly forced her forehead into the chest of the tom, feeling his rapid heartbeat through her cranium. She grit her teeth, emotionally tired and drained.
--

April 15, 2018 at 9:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

"My vote is to Glasswind," Wolfeyes announced, seeing how Risingsun was reacting to the news of his own nomination. "But I would like to hear from the older warriors of this clan, who may have a better idea of who should lead us through these times." 

Risingsun closed his eyes briefly, allowed a quiet breath to trail from his lungs and licked the back of Alderpaw's ear in a thanks. He pulled away from her, brushing along his brother's side, and rejoined the circle around High Rock. He settled himself on his haunches, upright, muscles tense, but gaze alert and on the proceedings. 

--

April 15, 2018 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Spark

Spark moved away from the gathering cats. Theres no place for me in clan politics. It's none of my business. I'm just glad Honorkit is fine. I thought he was going to die there. I thought I was going to lose him, like Ash. The thought of the she-cat made his heart skip a beat. They hadn't talked since Spark had told her about becoming mates with Aetos. It pained him a bit and it also still angered him. I can't do anything with all these emotions swirling in me. I just need to focus on my kits and my mate. That's all I can do.

April 15, 2018 at 10:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

River

Couragekit darted towards his father on swift paws, racing across the clearing. Although the young tom was aware some sort of political drama was going on, he wasn't concerned with it at the moment - his brother was his only worry.

"Dad, dad!" Couragekit's voice was alarmed and panic-stricken, his amber eyes wide as he skidded to a stop infront of his adoptive father.

--

*He/him*

April 15, 2018 at 10:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Spark

Spark eyes were somber until he heard the small voice of one of his kits and his expression suddenly changed, like someone flipped on a switch. It changed from feeling sorry for himself to a more serious and open expression. "Oh, it's okay honey. Honorkit is going to be just fine. They are fixing him up now. Don't worry, we'll go and visit him while he's recovering." 

April 15, 2018 at 10:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

City of Laurels and Looking to Heaven settled themselves near Risingsun, there to support their long time companion and friend. While each had their reservations about the fiery tom's ability to lead a clan, they were certain in their belief of his good, open heart and unwavering loyalty. 

--

April 15, 2018 at 10:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alder
The apprentice lifted her head to her mentor softly, watching as he padded away. The rasp of his tongue stayed with her, lingering. Their conversation in the territory rung in her ears, like a nostalgic melody. Like the humming of her mother in the deadly quiet nights of the summits. It hurt, to see how much conflict Risingsun had gone through. Like any mentor should for his apprentice, he was the role model she looked to. To become someone others could see under the sun, for wisdom, for comfort. Alder couldn't bear to watch, turning her head to Laurel and asking softly, " What do we do now? I.. I'm not sure if I can take much more of today.. " A crack in her voice was heard. It seemed that all there was left to do was sob until sunrise.
--

April 15, 2018 at 10:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

"I believe that this vote is between the warriors of the clan," City of Laurels said softly to the apprentice, his voice empathetic. "Why don't you take your siblings and head out into the territory? Don't worry about hunting, and don't go too close to the borders. Just take a walk, clear your head, smell the flowers. Okay?"

--

April 15, 2018 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

River

"No, no! I-" Couragekit was clearly flustered, tripping over his words, "It's Resilientkit! He's not hurt that bad, but it won't stop bleeding!"

Glasswind took a few steps further into the mass of warriors, settling himself nearby Risingsun and the other vocal participants. There wasn't much more to be said until more EarthClanners voiced their opinions, thus Glasswind elected to remain silent until his words were necessary - no point in uselessly filling the air with more noise.

--

*He/him*

April 15, 2018 at 10:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alder
"Warriors.. okay.." Alderpaw began to head towards the apprentice den, her meow short. " Let's go for a walk.. I need to clear my head out, and want to talk.." Her demanding tone only fed the burning fire inside her as she began to tread out into the territory. ( EaC Territory)
--

April 15, 2018 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Spark

Spark's eyes dilated, more emotions flooding him at once. "What? Where? Where is your brother? What happened?" Words started to spill from his mouth as he tried to keep himself sane. First Honorkit now Resilientkit? My babies, why are they getting hurt? Am I not a good dad? Is that why?

April 15, 2018 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Airmid

Aetos saw there was nothing more to add to this discussion, now that everybody was focusing their efforts on Risingsun and even one vote for Glasswind. He joined Spark and Couragekit in time to hear about Resilient bleeding, apparently, and alright. Maybe he internally panicked a tad at hearing his kit was bleeding when there wasn't really an official medicine cat on duty right now, and he tensed, tail lashing. 

"Bleeding? Where is he, and what happened?" He tried to keep his voice calm and lowered even as he glanced around for one of the makeshift medicine cats who'd appeared during Honorkit's time of distress- Couragekit had done nothing here, and as such, didn't deserve to be on the receiving end of his stress. 

--

hello luvs- hope everyone is doing aight.

April 15, 2018 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

River

Couragekit was visibly shaking, the young kit immediately overwhelmed by the situation, and a suffocating, misplaced guilt.

"The- the river! The shore! We- we were just exploring a bit i- in the shallows, trying to swi- swim, but- but then there were some rocks on- on the bottom, and we- we didn't see, and he- he scratched his leg, and-" Couragekit choked back a sob of panic, taking a gasping breath, "-it won't stop bleeding!"

--

*He/him*

April 15, 2018 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.