Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > EarthClan > EarthClan Camp

River

Troutstone was deposited in a pathetic heap outside the medicine den, and almost immediately, the medicine cat keeled over and vomited in the dirt, coughing and shaking violently. He felt... Sick, in every sense of the word. Everything hurt, yet the world seemed distant, and sensation was numbed. 

"No... I... Need t' h'lp." His words were heavily slurred as he stumbled towards the medicine den's entrance, swaying precariously on unsteady paws, "Let me... Do my job."

"I think that's enough from you," Addertooth declared, stepping in to block the medicine cat's entrance to the medicine den. Troutstone collapsed weakly before him, putting up no fight.

"I think it's about time you relinquished your position and made us all safer for it. You're a danger to the clan and its resources. Pull our life together, then work on rebuilding trust." Addertooth turned to the other protesters, announcing loud enough for the clearing to hear, "I think this one's done enough damage to the clan in his position already, don't you?"

--

*He/him*

April 15, 2018 at 12:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ddcat

GallantKit watched as TroutStone stumbled out of the den, he was happy to see the useless tom leave, he turned his head to HonorKit and he immediately felt the fear and sadness again, he felt useless. "homorkit please calm down" he tried again as he padded forward slowly.

--

"but enough bletter, I'm not one pf those protagnists you need to listen to for hours" -Zachaire

"hence nothing remains except for our regrets" -The judge

"escaping from you purpose is impossible" -The Batter

April 15, 2018 at 12:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Spark

Honorkit was slowly calming down, the pain on his eye was dull. But it was beginning to feel better. He closed his good eye and started to doze quietly.

April 15, 2018 at 12:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ddcat

GallantKit smiled and nuzzled his face in his little brother's fur, tears of happiness slipped down his face as he breathed in his little brother's scent, he really thought his little brother was going to die.

--

"but enough bletter, I'm not one pf those protagnists you need to listen to for hours" -Zachaire

"hence nothing remains except for our regrets" -The judge

"escaping from you purpose is impossible" -The Batter

April 15, 2018 at 12:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brokenfang
Brokenfang let out a sigh of relief. ¬? Your brother will live¬? he said his southern accent tense. ¬? What kind of life he¬?ll live is another¬?s story. It¬?ll take a miracle for him to see out of that eye again.¬?
--
You do your duties because you have to. I do my duties because I want to - Brokenfang to Dawnwhisker
April 15, 2018 at 12:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Panthergaze hurriedly groomed her pelt, obcessing over the little bits of oak pollen that clung to her.  She looked up toward the sky and suddenly a bolt of electric worry coursed through her, seeing how dark it had suddenly become.  With a sheepish look about the camp, she slipped out into the territory once more.

--

April 15, 2018 at 1:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L

Risingsun returned to EarthClan's camp amidst the chaos of the addicted medicine cat and wounded kit. A quick survey of the situation revealed no intervention from himself that could aide any of the parties involved, so he opted to let the mother console her child in peace, and Troutstone face his shame in quiet. He would have had a clear shot to the warrior's den, where he could groom his pelt free of the lingering city scents, had Looking to Heaven not been specifically keeping an eye out for him. 

The tortoiseshell intercepted him despite clear indications that Risingsun was not seeking a conversation. 

"Where have you been?" The question was spoken softly, but accusatory nonetheless. Harsh, considering Risingsun had only been absent a handful of hours. Neglecting to respond to the question with any degree of seriousness, Risingsun's eyes widened with shock and his jaw parted in surprise. 

"Mother!? My, you've gotten much larger! And you turned into a tom-cat!" 

"Knock it off, Risingsun, I'm not joking."

"Neither am I," The crimson tom returned flatly, his features quickly darkened by a scowl. "You're not my keeper, Heaven. It's none of your business where I go, how long I'm there, or what I'm doing when out." 

"It's not my business but," There was a snarl of frustration exhaled from Heaven's nostrils as he continued, "I care about you. I don't want to see you get hurt. Laurel doesn't want to see you get hurt. You need to talk about this, with someone." Risingsun responded to this emotional frustration that Heaven was displaying with anger. 

"I am fine, Heaven. I'm not in a ditch somewhere. I'm not wandering around the camp barely able to stand. I'm not hurting the clan, I'm not hurting you, and I'm not hurting myself. I'm dealing. You have a problem with it? Fine. When someone you love dies you can grieve however the hell you want to- and I won't say a thing!- but for now how about you keep your mouth closed and keep your nose out of my business? Thanks." Risingsun stepped past the tortie and padded into the warrior's den, leaving Heaven to fume over the retort. He shouldn't have expected anything less. Heaven and Laurel had pressed Risingsun to the point of such outbursts long ago, but it didn't seem to alter his behavior. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

April 15, 2018 at 1:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

River

Troutstone was a mess. A shamed lump at Addertooth's feet, the medicine cat didn't move - didn't think he could if he wanted to. The tom's foggy mind struggled to process what had happened, but even his own actions slipped away into the haze, a dizzying nausea the centre of his priorities. 

Relinquished... position. Damage... to clan... already... Addertooth's words slipped through the fog in short clips, stringing meaninglessly together. Troutstone wouldn't come to register the reality of what had just happened until much later, when his head was half-clear.

--

*He/him*

April 15, 2018 at 7:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LeafyFinn

Eelspark shook his head, glaring down at the pitiful, former medicine cat before him. He tried to find any sort of kindness in his heart to pity the cat, but he only turned his head in disgust. There needed to be a replacement medicine cat since Troutstone had no apprentices for himself. Of course Eel was not trained in medicine, but he was always up for a challenge. He knew that bar had been set pretty low with Troutstone, so he could try to top it and be a better medicine cat than he ever was. He decided to step forth and declare his desire to become a medicine cat.

"Since, Troutstone is unable to do his job, we do need a replacement. If others do not step forward, I would like to volunteer to become EarthClan's medicine cat." He declared before padding off to sit by the prey pile where he began to groom himself.

--

Nobody exsists on purpose, Everybody dies

April 15, 2018 at 9:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alder
Alderpaw had tried to block out the noise surrounding her, striking down on Laurel's shoulder with much more force than anticipated. She was even caught off guard herself, but neglected to say anything. Perhaps that was what Laurel was looking for. Before the apprentice could ask on her motives, her attention was swept away by the familiar voices of her mentor and Heaven. Alder tried not to be distracted, but suddenly grew very sullen. Her tail lashed a few times, paws pressed into the dirt. Her position was slightly off once more, but with a quick shake of her pelt, she adjusted herself.
--

April 15, 2018 at 9:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

River

Addertooth, still standing guard between Troutstone and the medicine den, turned to Eelspark.

"Do you have any medical expertise?" Addertooth questioned, his tone vaguely doubtful, "Troutstone's apprentice, Axolotlpaw, should take his spot, but we will be needing a successor."

--

*He/him*

April 15, 2018 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LeafyFinn

Eelspark looked up at Addertooth, realizing he'd forgotten of Axolotlpaw. He mentally cursed himself out before nodding briefly. 

"I have some experience. I used to hang around the medicine den as a kit and occasionally help out with sorting herbs." He answered. He squared his shoulders and sat up a bit more. He knew he'd have to be more respectable, despite his urge to snap at everyone and everything. Just as he was about to open his mouth, he started to see a cat-like figure in the distance. He strained his eyes to see it, but the shadow immediately flew into the sky. He shook his head, shaking away his delusions. It's getting worse. He thought, sheathing and unsheathing his claws into the dirt as he tried to relieve his anxiety and stress.

--

April 15, 2018 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

River

"Hate to break it to you, but 'hanging around the medicine den as a kit' and 'sorting herbs' is otherwise known as mandatory volunteer work - find me one clanborn cat in the clearing without the same experience and I'll consider not laughing at you," Addertooth shot back, an odd edge to his voice - the words weren't kind, yet the tone made it seem as though taking it in any other way than a joke would be offensive and incorrect, and wouldn't yield anything good.

--

*He/him*

April 15, 2018 at 10:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L

"Seems like everyone over here got their tail caught in a snapping turtles jaws," Risingsun commented light heartedly as he approached the group arguing about Troutstone's fate as well as his successor. The amusement faded as he reached them, a more serious expression settling across his features. "What's going on here?"

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

April 15, 2018 at 10:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LeafyFinn

Eelspark shrugged, wrapping his thin tail around his white tipped paws. He was used to negativity and at this point he merely shrugged it off.

"Sure, most kits do manditory volunteer work, but not all enjoy it." He began stretching his shoulders as he spoke. "Plus, most kits don't really dream of becoming a medicine cat. Just a select few, and only two of those few get to become a medicine cat. If you're not one of those lucky two, you're training as a warrior. You're down on your luck and then hey, look, a medicine cat position's open. Remember all that time you spent trying to learn about herbs in your free time? Remember how you valued learning about how to treat certain wounds in heat of a battle? Not every cat gets a second chance, and you'd be one to know that; wouldn't you Addertooth?" Eelspark finished, with venom carefully laced around each one of the words that escaped his mouth.

--

April 15, 2018 at 11:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L

"Hey, hey, alright," Risingsun interrupted, shifting slightly between Addertooth and Eelspark when he heard the animosity exchanged between the two. Pieces of the story had been put together, settling in to place. hey look a medicine cat position's open... "If a position is open it can be taken by anyone willing to train hard enough to fill it, right? I'm no expert on the clans but if Eelspark wants to step up there's no reason to stop him."

--

April 15, 2018 at 11:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LeafyFinn

Eelspark dipped his head to Risingsun, attempting to keep a small smirk from climbing up his muzzle as he half-glared at Addertooth. 

"Thank you, Risingsun." He meowed. Of course Eel' had days where he could get quite sarcastic and irritating, and today was one of those days. But, he wanted to turn that around and be more professional, especially if he was planning on being either of the medicine cat positions. He started to see odd shapes and figues dancing around the camp and he shook his head. Just another delusion. Ignore it. He mentally hissed at himself. Everytime something good happened, his mind would play tricks on him. He stretched a little, trying to relax and calm himself. 

--

April 15, 2018 at 11:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L

"Why don't you go speak to Brokenstar about it? Make it official, huh?" He suggested to Eelspark. He took note of some strangeness about the warrior but, what business was that of his? He turned back towards Addertooth, acting as a physical wall between the two warriors. A brow cocked, "So what's going on?"

--

April 15, 2018 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

River

"Troutstone here-" Addertooth gestured to the incapacitated lump at his paws, "-nearly killed a kit while high on the poppy seeds he's been taking for recreation from the clan's resources. We've decided it's in all our best interests to relieve him of his duties for the time being."

--

*He/him*

April 15, 2018 at 12:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

The crimson tom's gaze shifted to Troutstone, trailing across the crumpled medicine cat as he took in Addertooth's side of the story. It wasn't really his place to interfere, but the information he had so far seemed skewed against the tom- shouldn't he have the oppurtunity to explain himself? Rather than speaking his thoughts aloud, he simply grunted an, "Oh." Clan politics are insane. 

--

April 15, 2018 at 12:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.