Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Plot Planning > Side Plot Planning

Ember
Site Owner

---

December 24, 2017 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

Do we have anything right now that would constitute a side plot?

--

Showing empathy towards people and things, both real and imagined, isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of being human.

December 25, 2017 at 2:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

I have a fairly intensive side plot going on that involves a few of my characters but has no real impact on the main plot. 

It's centered in MoonClan and the two characters I have invovled are Bramblepaw and Maplepaw. Essentially I'm looking for friends for them who would help complete the plot. In short, they are both heirs to what were warring gangs, but which have since been taken over by a single cat who killed their parents and forced them from the city. It's a little lion-king esque. 

Participation in the side plot would involve becoming friends with the two (Bramble and Maple), and somehow getting mixed up in the whole gang war. They'd sneak into the loner city every once in a while (likely at night to avoid notice) and would eventually manage to kill the big baddie. 

One main issue with the plot: as it does not directly impact the clans, it is a rather self serving endeavor. There isn't any danger to the clans, or praise from clan mates for following through with it. In fact, if anyone found out they could potentially get banished for putting the clan at risk, having a conflict of interest, or just generally being stupid. If you're interested, it'll be mostly for character development and relationship building. It's a "finding yourself" side story that should ultimately result in the realization that they're meant to be part of the clans. 

Anyway, if it sounds like something you'd like to take part in please send me a pm to talk about it. I probably can't work in more than 2-3 other characters. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

December 25, 2017 at 10:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Duskpaw is desperate to prove himself and stupid enough to get involved, so if you don't mind I'd like to wedge him in there.

December 26, 2017 at 2:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sandrunner and Co.
I feel perhaps another side plot for one of the clans could be a flooding, or a drought, or a fire? Nothing too majior just like a week or two week long thing. Or perhaps one clan could try to take a small peice of territory from another? Kind of like Riverclan and Thunderclan with Sunningrocks
--

Turn your face twords the sun and let the shadows fall behind you.

December 26, 2017 at 1:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

We're actually talking about having an especially harsh leaf-bare over in main plots.

December 26, 2017 at 9:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sandrunner and Co.
Nice!
--

Turn your face twords the sun and let the shadows fall behind you.

December 28, 2017 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

~Wild~

@L Candlelight has nothing better to do and she's extremely reckless, so I think she would love to be a part of that. Also, her best friend Thundernight kinda follows her everywhere, so he might join in.

--

For what is real emotion but a waste?- Skyblaze

December 28, 2017 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Spirit and the gang

Ohh! I was going to post this a few days ago, but I'm currently doing a mini plot involving Speckledstream and Flameheart's past feud. Long story made shorter,Absinthe, a loner involved in the Deliverance,  is the son of Speckledstream, and Speckledstream is Flameheart's sister. For more information on that, you might look at that one picture I did a while ago about Speckledstream during Inktober. Anyways, long story short, Speckledstream went to Flameheart to ask him for help back when she was in Earthclan, and he refused to help her. (Flameheart's in Moonclan btw.) He disowned her, and she left to go back to her camp. She went on a hunting patrol a few days later, and came across a border skirmish. She helped defend an apprentice against a Moonclan She-cat, and then realized that this she-cat smelled like Flameheart. They stopped fighting long enough for the she-cat to tell her that she was Flameheart's mate. Then, more Moonclan cats showed up, and the patrol was forced to retreat. When she got back to camp, she was injured badly and in shock. Unfortunately, the medicine cats didn't notice her with all that was going on in camp. Her best and only friend died shortly after that, and she got a terrible infection. In the meanwhile, Flameheart learned of the border skirmish and also became aware that his mate was bearing kits. He was furious that his sister had injured his pregnant mate, and vowed to get even. Speckledstream had gone a little crazy due to infection, and she became convinced that her brother had killed her friend.(He didn't though.) She crossed the border and went looking for him. She found him relatively close to the border and they fought. In the end, he knocked her into the river that was nearby. He returned to camp convinced that she was dead, but he was wrong. She'd broken her nose in the fall, and then a passing warrior had found her. She was brought back to camp, where a medicine cat yet again neglected to care for her, and she lost the use of her nose. As soon as she healed, she left the clans and traveled to a nearby city. She lived in a park for a while with a gang of cats, but every day she grew a little more crazy. She set up a place called the nursery, and then she stole kits from cats nearby. She raised them and taught them to kill and hate the clans. She went for a walk one night and never came back. The kits she's raised eventually found their way to the clans, and are now putting her wishes into action. Nadia is in charge of the whole group. None of them know that Speckledstream wasn't their real mother since they were taken at a young age. Well that explanation was still longer than expected... Anyways, currently there are three of the "siblings" being roleplayed(not counting Lily who was just killed), but I'd like there to be around eight of them involved. If anyone is interested in roleplaying one of the other siblings, please let me know!

--

"You can do anything if you set your mind to it! At least, that's what the old people say." -Greg in "Over The Garden Wall"

December 30, 2017 at 1:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

~Wild~

I would love to play one of the siblings!

--

December 30, 2017 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Spirit and the gang

Ok! I have a few designs for them, or you could create your own!

--

"You can do anything if you set your mind to it! At least, that's what the old people say." -Greg in "Over The Garden Wall"

December 30, 2017 at 6:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

~Wild~

Cool, I think I'll make my own, but if you have any ideas or some kind of vision for something they might be like, I would love to hear some!

--

December 30, 2017 at 8:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Spirit and the gang

Ok, well all of them are splitting up to go to different clans, but before they do that, they're going to have a meeting about it. Currently, Nadia has set up base in the loner city, so that's where you should have your character go. None of them have decided which clan they are going to yet, but I suggest having them go to Earthclan, Sunclan, or Eclipseclan as Shadowstorm has a character who'll be going to Moonclan. I think Nadia will end up going to Earthclan, and Absinthe will end up going to Eclipseclan. Also, make sure whatever name you give them is roguish so that it fits with their past.

--

December 31, 2017 at 1:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

spotthecat
Hey Spirit, could I play one of the siblings? I think she'll be in Eclipseclan since I have the least amount of cats in it
--

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path ~ Psalm 119:105 I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me ~ Phillippians 4:13

December 31, 2017 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Spirit and the gang

Sure! Oh, and will both of you please pm me your character designs once you have them? 

--

December 31, 2017 at 10:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

spotthecat
Of course! Do they have to be a specific breed?
--

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path ~ Psalm 119:105 I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me ~ Phillippians 4:13

December 31, 2017 at 10:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle
I'm interested, but what are her interests in the Clans? What will the cats be doing?
--

Showing empathy towards people and things, both real and imagined, isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of being human.

January 1, 2018 at 11:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Spirit and the gang

Well, their main goal is to destroy the clans, and right now they are working with the Deliverance to do so. They hate Earthclan and Moonclan most of all, so they plan on infiltrating the clans and bringing them down from the inside out. And, no they don't have to be a specific breed.

--

January 1, 2018 at 1:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DrownedInRed
@Spirit I would be willing to play them, yet I need a male in SC so this might be my chance 😂 message me the details please and your charter designs :3
--

~There in the moon, many life stories danced before her eyes.~

January 1, 2018 at 2:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

@Spirit I could use another cat in either EC or MC. Are they apprentice aged or so? Either way, I think I'll take one. Which Clan would you prefer me to choose, if either of those two?

--

January 1, 2018 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.