Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Plot Planning > Major Plot Planning

Ember
Site Owner

(Not ignoring you, Alien, I just can't really say anything intelligent to it)

Since we're putting the MoonClan revival plot to the side, what should we replace it with?  Perhaps something centered around Brinepelt, to bring her more into the fold?

--

May 12, 2018 at 1:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Brinepelt would definitely be a good contender in MoonClan for drama. She's one of Harmless's finest yet~

To move our plot from the discord to here, I had an idea for the integration of the Liquor Gang into EclipseClan. Fencerunner has already diplomatically integrated the less loyal of the Liquor Gang into EclipseClan and will soon invite them as full-time members, if they want. She'll ask that they take on traditional warrior suffixes, but that's more up to the roleplayer than Fencerunner. But for the rest of the Liquor Gang that's loyal to Brandy, I wanted to have them join with a bang.

If Harmless, and whoever wishes to participate with Liquor Gang cats, approve, then I'm pushing for Brandy to challenge Fence (who would be Fencestar when this happens, unless Shadowstorm wishes to have Hollow go out with a bang xD) to a drinking contest, the prize of which is the Liquor Gang's loyalties. Since these are cats and cats have hilariously low liquor tolerances, both would be losing, and since Harmless has expressed that she wants to kill off Brandy, Brandy would die as a result. So would Fencestar, but she has lives to lose. And when Fence 'dies' and comes back to life, this would sway the rest of the Liquor Gang into full EclipseClan membership, making Fencerunner the new 'gang master'.

This is all up to Harmless and anybody else with a Liquor Gang or EclipseClan cat to add onto, veto, edit, I'm posting it here to get the conversation started. Let's go! 8)

--

May 13, 2018 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky

Well, I don't know if that's exactly site appropriate. You have to realize Liquor Gang is rather subtle, and doesn't effect the site much. I wouldn't have a "Drinking Contest" when there are 10-11 year olds on the site. It just doesn't seem natural, but this would be up to Ember. I'd be alright with something else, but I don't know how well I feel about drinking.

--

May 13, 2018 at 7:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Inky, I hadn't thought about that. I think we'd be hard-pressed to find a cat above the legal drinking age xD. Perhaps catnip would be a better option?

--

May 13, 2018 at 7:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HarmlessPoison

@Ember I'd definitely approve of anything involving Brinepelt since her popularity levels are... not doing very well (all thanks to my procrastination of creating her description the night before she was appointed deputy xD). As for a plot idea, I recall seeing in the old Off-Topic Chat that Kam and Castle were talking about creating a plot that involved MoonClan being under some type of amnesia effect to Brinepelt's existence. Just putting the thought out there since I was intrigued by the idea!

@Kam @Inky I'm fine with either one! Although Inky's reasons of not allowing alcohol into the picture do make sense - it isn't exactly what you would call all age appropriate.

--
Roleplay anyone? Must you have a cup of tea before we start? Ah, very well then.
May 13, 2018 at 7:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Kam, that sounds like a fun idea! It is a little bit on the more mature side, as Inky expressed some concern for, so I would like to get you guy’s opinions on it as well. For me, it could really fall either way. On one hand, it isn’t an issue explored in the originals Warriors, to my knowledge, or in most kids’ media (at least more modern stuff—looking at you, Dumbo). On the other hand, their excessive drinking is shown in a negative light as a dangerous activity (they both die), we already have the liquor gang and Blizzard’s Bar has been an institution on the site for years (so alcohol being mentioned isn’t anything new), and there are plenty of clearly mature plots that we allow, so long as they are presented in a respectful light and people do their research.

I actually think the catnip, which I’ve already read as an analogue for weed, which is illegal in most places, might be worse than just the alcohol. Basically drugs are more serious than alcohol and treated as such, so it might actually be considered less appropriate.

Harm, I’m not sure how that’d work…? Maybe you can change her description such that she actually did just join the clan, but it seems like there could be a more general backlash against her without involving an amnesia component.

--

May 14, 2018 at 10:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

I think we could also move into the orchestrating of various battles and skirmishes? For clans that are at war, everyone's been pretty friendly as of late. Rising crossed the border into EcC recently to save a kit, so his scent will be there, which could cause some tension.

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

May 16, 2018 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

River

A series of battles and skirmishes sounds good to me! I imagine they'd be quite scattered and varied (different clans participating, different locations, etc.), and that variety would probably help them from becoming too repetitive. Rather frequent battles/skirmishes would probably also promote a more wartime-esque environment in the camps, with cats constantly coming back from battles injured, which would certainly help launch us more into the thick of war.

--

*He/him*

May 16, 2018 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Dieseltooth and Fencerunner are currently at the MC/EcC border.  I think they'll probably finish talking soon, and at that point maybe a MoonClan patrol could stumble across them?

--

May 16, 2018 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

On the Liquor Gang-

In my mind, I was imagining a respectful exchange of old-time 'chivalry' between Fencerunner and Brandy. Fencerunner wouldn't want to fight to win the loyalty of the remaining gang members, but they are already leaving for EclipseClan. I echo Ember's opinion where I think it could be appropriate if we handle it right, and since we already have a good amount of cats named after liquor brands and cocktails, it wouldn't be too shocking. And after Fence 'loses' the contest, she would definitely put a ban on it for herself, and be of the opinion that cats and alcohol do not mix. It wouldn't have to be public either, if that is what the issue is with appropriateness (audience). It could happen off-screen, so to speak, with Brandy and Fencerunner disappearing into the territory, telling certain involved cats what they're about to do, and then Fence returns by herself with Brandy's body for burial, perhaps a few days later and with quite a bit of illness. (All up to harmless, again).

On Skirmishes-

Fence wouldn't notice Risingstar's scent, but if another warrior reports it to her she would go see what's up.

I like battle skirmishes, it's only a matter of setting them up. I can have my headstrong SunClan Oakstump cross the river to chase a rabbit if that could also help with skirmishes.

I have Featherstep to join a MoonClan patrol. Perhaps we can say the MoonClan gathering patrol was late to get back and they decided to go look for them, and took an indirect route?

--

May 16, 2018 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Since this has sort of faded to the side, I want to check in on a few things: Why does Fence need to win Brandy over?  It seems like most of the liquor gang is already in EclipseClan.

In terms of skirmishes, is there any way we could set something up between SC and EaC?  The tensions between them are beginning to calm, so we might want to toss a bit more fuel into the fire.

--

May 24, 2018 at 12:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

I'm still waiting on a post from Harmless to respond to this, but essentially it had something to do with the liquor gang's loyalty to Brandy, and Brandy's reluctance to give up her leadership to Fencerunner. Fencerunner persuaded some liquor gang cats, but I think there's still some layover, and a fight for 'dominance' would further help those loyalties shift away from Brandy and into EclipseClan.

If someone would like to coordinate, I can have Oakstump attack a border patrol on EarthClan over something small, which can turn into something big (If anybody has a character they'd like to kill off, Oakstump would do it).

--

May 29, 2018 at 5:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

I know I'm always bothering you guys about this, but could we get a snapshot of where the various plots are at?  The Deliverance, SC drama, and the Liquor Gang seem to have all faded off, but by the discord it seems like things are happening involving the war.  What are our current plans and is there anything in the works to tie off loose threads from the Deliverance, in particular?

--

June 11, 2018 at 9:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.