Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Neutral Landmarks > Gathering Clearing

L
Administrator

"Frecklemask, we're not trying to start a fight," Risingstar found himself turned around by the multiple accusations being shouted out over the clearing. He decided to go with what he thought the most prominent voice, and the one he could interfere with the easiest. "Just because I allowed you to join the clan, does not mean you can act however you please. If you can't handle yourself in front of your former clan mates then go back to the camp." 

Death Rattle let out a long, low hiss as his eyes narrowed on Fencerunner. The donskoy was close to the dead tree, near the roots, likely only a fox length from the deputies assembled about. He wasn't stupid enough to lash out here, but he was certainly plotting. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

May 13, 2018 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask turned sharply towards Risingstar, "It's not my clanmates I take issue with," she said, her whispy voice bitter and angry as she pointed herself towards the EclipseClan leadership. "It's that Fencechaser cat. She's not good enough to be an EclipseClan cat- look at her, sniffling- She overthrew me, Risingstar- plotted and planned, and when the time came where I was exiled, she slithered up to Hollowstar's side and took my rightful place," she accused, staring at Fencerunner with animosity before she looked to Death Rattle, her wild card. What are you thinking . . ? She hoped he would attack . . .

Fencerunner felt sick as Frecklemask accused her, the yellow tabby's tail drooping before she blinked, shakily standing as she looked from Risingstar to Hollowstar, unsure of which one she was trying to convince of her innocence. "That's not true!" she countered unconvincingly.

--

May 13, 2018 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alienfish

"That's not true in the slightest, Frecklemask, my dear, and you know it. You were an opportunistic bigot who couldn't win the clan's support, attacked our leader, and lost handily. That you can't accept that only speaks to your egotism, and to the wisdom in finally letting you go," Poseidon replied with a tilt of his head. As condescending as he sounded when he spoke with false civility, he somehow sounded slightly less condescending as he ripped into his former nemesis.

Duskfang continued to step away from the scene, accidentally bumping into a warrior standing near the front of the SunClan section. They pushed her away, sending her tumbling into the middle of the clearing again, this time falling right near the donskoy.

--

May 13, 2018 at 6:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

Risingstar's gaze was hard as he met Fencerunner's stare. The deputy he was not afraid of, but it tightened his heart to simply look at her. If he had been in the right state of mind, he may have noted the animosity with which Death Rattle regarded her, but he missed it amidst the noise. "Easy, Freckles, it's not our fight right now," Though he spoke to the disgraced EclipseClan deputy, his gaze never wandered from Fencerunner. He wanted her to hurt. Suffer. As far as he was concerned, Death Rattle was the tool, and Fencerunner had been the acting force. 

"I can't believe StarClan would ever let a fool such as this cat to be named leader," Death Rattle fell back on the StarClan play, hoping it would ruffle the feathers of the other three clans in attendance. It wasn't a wild shot exactly. He was well aware that Risingstar had no faith in StarClan, though the whole ordeal might have changed that... he was hoping to bring such dirty secrets to light. It would bring the EarthClan leader down, and he was certain Fencerunner would make a fool of herself in his defense. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

May 13, 2018 at 6:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask scowled at Poseidon, her voice lower as she hissed, low enough so that the leaders would only be able to tell that she'd spoken and not what she'd said, "You're just upset that Hollowstar chose her over you," she bit, waving her tail as a sign of disrespect, a cat's middle finger, before taking a step to join EarthClan's ranks once again.

Fencerunner's tail lashed, "Death Rattle!" she shouted, unwilling to leave the uneven safety of the tree's roots. This situation was so complicated and political- she could barely wrap her head around it, but something told her she'd picked the wrong fight. She nodded to Poseidon similarly, but her green gaze still held a pleading please shut up. She looked up at Hollowstar, Please say something! Prove my innocence-

--

May 13, 2018 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky

"Not even half? I'm disappointed." Flintstriker mewed, shaking her head. "Half has to be good enough. No one can tell me differently." She rolled her eyes slightly, and looked back toward the leaders in distaste. 

Now, as for Clatterpaw's missing absence. She had been off wandering, finding toms to flirt with whether they were handsome or not. She did fall in love with every other one though. Her pretty coffee cream pelt moved across the clearing, and she eventually found her one and only love, Buzz Buzz. He was flirting with another she-cat though, which infuriated her to the maximum possible point. 

Now, being Clatterpaw, her pelt rose along with her tail with rage. That was her Buzz Buzz, and she wouldn't share him with any other cat on the face of StarClan's planet. So, she marched over there with her tail high in the air, and jumped. She dug her claws into his shoulders, bowling the larger tom over with her chubby body. "What do you think you're doing?!"

--

May 13, 2018 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"StarClan didn't have a decision in it, the clan did," Risingstar explained resolutely. Once more he found himself straightening, and he turned his gaze out towards the crowds, straying on EarthClan's ranks. "EarthClan elected me. It was a far more fair and honest process than the rest of the clans undertake, forced to be under whoever their previous leader chose." 

"But StarClan did still choose you, did they not?" Death Rattle pressed, ignoring Fencerunner. If she wasn't man enough to face him away from the tree then he wouldn't pursue her. He'd wait until she came closer, attempted to strike a blow. And then he'd rip out her throat. "At the Moonstone?" 

Risingstar didn't understand the trap that he was walking into, and responded without hesitation. "No, well, maybe. I'm not exactly sure how your traditions work but I went to the Moonstone and that was it. I became Risingstar." 

--

May 13, 2018 at 6:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alienfish

Poseidon smiled, but the smile was tainted with a slight uneasiness. You better run, you foul-mouthed craven... He turned to Fencerunner, nodded in response to her, and took a step up to stand beside Death Rattle. "Let's let them simmer for a while," he said, his voice likely drowned out for the wider audience by the other shouted accusations being thrown across the camp.

Risingstar's words struck a chord with Windelk. He had been chosen - he was expected to serve the clan correctly, properly. That was how it should be, wasn't it? SunClan insisted that everything was for the good of the clan - but how could one cat's choice truly be the good of the clan? How could that be fair or righteous? Where was the strength in that leadership?

--

May 13, 2018 at 6:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

Death Rattle gladly drew back into the masses of the crowd, willing to disappear into the background as Risingstar was faced down by the wolves of overzealous cats. He had already stepped on toes, and now he had dug his own grave. Death Rattle just needed a particularly dedicated zealot to push him in. He looked expectantly towards MoonClan, still unaware of the fight about to break in the ranks of the Gathering. 

--

May 13, 2018 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
(Sorry for my absence, it's been a super busy day) Hollowstar rose to her paws on the thin branch,"Enough, Frecklemask!" she growled,"Fencerunner did not overthrow you. It's about time you owned up to your own mistakes and stopped trying to blame other cats for your faults. I do not believe that Fencerunner forced you to attack me, you did that of your own free will and I am done listening to your lies." The cream leader's eyes blazed with fury, but her fur remained flat. She turned to her eyes toward her deputy and gave a nod, she need not think she had to prove her innocence. Frecklemask was clearly still having trouble seeing through her own delusions.
--
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen. - Luke 24:5-6
May 13, 2018 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky

Pricklypaw was all fired up now. "Wait a minute, wait a minute. We all have a place under the stars, don't we? StarClan can't be watching us always. They can pick and choose who they want to see, so we absolitely cannot call upon them to fix Risingstar. That'd set part the clans from what we're supposed to be?" Pricklypaw yelled out to the crowd of cats. 

"I sure don't think Death Rattle believes in StarClan. He wouldn't be the way that he is if he did believe. Now, we shouldn't be fussing. We can't be fussing. StarClan would be angry at all of us, would they not?" Pricklypaw nodded at the cats, and tried to make herself look bigger as she stood at the bottom of the tree.

--

May 13, 2018 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"I don't know why there's a discussion of StarClan at all," Risingstar interjected when the MoonClan apprentice spoke up. This Gathering was falling to pieces rather quickly, but as far as the crimson tom knew, they were all like this. I'm going to have to face this inquisition every moon? For the love of the ancestors... 

"Wait, wait. Didn't StarClan give you lives?" Eaglefrost asked the question. Though not a devout believer herself, she was well aware that StarClan had the ability to give multiple lives to others. She had seen a leader die and revive before her very eyes. "Didn't you speak with them?" 

"Of course not," Risingstar answered. And they just go on ahead and let any warrior accuse me of anything? By the ancestors, I thought the others were more structured than this. He could understand his warrios disobeying his authority, that was common of them, but this was like a group of sharks out for blood. "It's just a rock- the Moonstone. I went there, sat there for a bit, but I didn't see any of the ghosts tha apparently visit the rest of you as you sleep. Guess my medicine cat didn't hook me up with the proper drugs for that but... well I abided by your silly ceremony nonetheless." 

--

May 13, 2018 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Servalpaw sharply turned her attention to Risingstar, the MoonClan apprentice standing beside her clanmates, "You don't even have StarClan's approval?" she said in disbelief, her young life unused to such disruption of clan life. Risingstar, a clan leader, was shoving StarClan down the same hole as the legends and tall-tales queens told nursing kits? As make-believe? The apprentice shook. She would not stand for it.

Fencerunner likewise abandoned her pursuits in the current argument, nodding in thankfulness towards Hollowstar and taking a deep breath, She stands by her decision- Frecklemask is a menace, but she isn't our problem anymore. I don't envy you, Risingstar.

"I'm sure Risingstar has his reasons," Fencerunner said to quell the mighty upheaval, not quite as vocal about her own disbelief in StarClan. She thought they were a clan cat's invention- not that she didn't wish they were real, but- she had not lived and breathed them in her kithood, and now it seemed too late. She had not seen their proof with her own eyes, and to her, a cat was a cat was a cat. Nine lives didn't exist- leaders were just lucky.

Frecklemask hissed as Hollowstar spoke, determined still to cause some sort of fight as she poked and prodded at the cats like a twoleg with a stick. "Heathens! StarClan won't accept any of you, when the time comes-" she shouted, knowing in her heart that only the most worthy of cats would find their rightful place among StarClan. Which is also what the she-cat was fighting so hard for- Frecklemask would be one of them, she was sure.

--

May 13, 2018 at 7:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky

Axolotlpaw piped up. She had only invited herself, due to the fact Risingstar very much skipped over her during the naming. She grumbled a bit, her eyes widened at the sound of Risingstar disrespecting the very thing that made her a medicine cat. "You dare not disrespect my ways. The herbs do not make the experience, they make the strength, Risingstar." 

She stepped forward, glaring up at the leader. "I did not vote for you to be leader just to interrupt the way the clans work. I get that you may not believe, but how dare you not touch your nose to that crystal. How dare your body sit in that dacred cave, and waste it's time. Your lives have not been granted, Risingsun. You are not a leader in my eyes."

--

May 13, 2018 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"Then I guess it's a benefit to me that you're not making those decisions," Risingstar said to Axolotlpaw before leaping down from Hawk's Tree. He landed smoothly on the earth below, legs bent to intercept his plummeting weight. "I hope you'll forgive me for leaving before a battle breaks out here," That comment was over his shoulder, to the other leaders still in Hawk's Tree. "EarthClan, let's head out."

The crimson tom was only a few steps into the crowd when Death Rattle moved to meet him. The donskoy was silent in his movements, muscles tense and claws unsheathed. He wouldn't dream of killing Risingstar, the nightmare the tom was to clan stability, but a demon still danced within him that refused to give up this prey. He passed through a group of EarthClan cats and lunged directly at Risingstar. 

Death Rattle never connected with the EarthClan leader. Blackpanther had spotted the movements through the crowd, and upon Death Rattle's attack he launched himself into the way. He collided hard with the muscular donskoy and sent them both flying into the earth. Death Rattle's breath was knocked out of him as he struck the ground, a shock flying through his entire system. He was never given the oppurtunity to regain it. Without hesitation, Blackpanther drove his fangs into the exposed throat of the hairless cat and brought his jaws together. A sickening snap echoed from beneath him, and he jerked his maw back: blood, muscle, and flesh coming with. 

Death Rattle went limp, head lolled to the side, unseeing eye staring directly at Hawk's Tree as blood wept from his exposed throat. 

--

May 13, 2018 at 7:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky

Axolotlpaw jumped away, still confident. "No! Blackpanther, move away!" She growled, and lashed her tail. "Everyone move away. I need space." The medicine cat was panicking in this sudden spotlight, and she sat beside the tom. "I need cobwebs, burrs, cat-tails...whatever there is around us!" She pulled her lips back, and placed her hairless paws against the hairless tom. Someone like her, another cat of hairless blood...he couldn't be dying. 

"Don't die. Please. My clan...it's in the ruins right now. Risingsun has no place in his rank. I'm so sorry..."

--

May 13, 2018 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"He's dead," Blackpanther informed Axolotlpaw in a low growl after spitting the blood and flesh from his mouth. The metallic taste remained. "Don't waste any attention on him. He attacked first, and did so as a fool." The bengal was evidently unapologetic for the murder. He had killed more over less. 

--

May 13, 2018 at 8:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencerunner leapt to her paws as Death Rattle moved to attack Risingstar, but ultimately stopped as Blackpanther sprang forward and dispatched the hairless tom. Blood sprayed over the clearing of tightly knit cats, and a drop of it landed in Fencerunner's agape, open mouth. It's salty tang made her mouth water, her neck hot, and her stomach roll in the same instant, and she turned and made a small pile of sick off to the side. Her mind was shockingly blank, but that taste had sent her mind boiling. How dare Death Rattle attack! She'd warned him many times- his death was his own fault. And Fencerunner hadn't liked the tom, but still- EclipseClan needed him!

Frecklemask gasped in excitement as the fight broke out, standing near the edge as Risingstar had announced their departure. She stomped her paw as Death Rattle's head rolled and she stared with open animosity towards Blackpanther. He killed my supporter! she bit, knowing she couldn't say anything, lest she get into anymore trouble than she was already. How many more were there in EclipseClan who were a fan of Frecklemask? One less, now, thanks to Blackpanther. He will pay! 

Servalpaw's eyes widened with shock and she began to shake, backing away from the scene in fear as the blood-scent washed over her. It smelled just like EclipseClan's prison- damp and salty and ill, like a rotting rat. She hid behind a clanmate, paranoia gripping her as she realized she might be the next one to be killed. StarClan forgive us!

Oakstump shouted in outcry as the fighting broke out. "Sandstar, do something!" she barked, knowing that the leader was standing idly as two clans broke the truce.

--

May 13, 2018 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky

Axolotlpaw, her legs covered with blood, pulled away. "You can't..." She leaned down, and stared at his pink skin. "I have to...he can't be gone." Axolotlpaw turned her head, pulling her ears back. Her bloodstained sweater moved with her skin. "How dare you. Killing another cat like it's nothing?"

--

May 13, 2018 at 8:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"He attacked Risingstar. I responded with equal force," Blackpanther explained, his voice relaxed and sharply contrasting the blood still dripping from his jaws. That wasn't the honest answer. He could have easily held Death Rattle down, waited for the clan to rush in and pull him back, but he recalled the largely unspoken conversation with Risingstar upon entering the Gathering. That was the cat who had tortured him. That was the only reason he needed. 

--

May 13, 2018 at 8:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.