Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Neutral Landmarks > Gathering Clearing

Shadowstorm
Hollowstar simply shot a sharp glare in Risingstar's direction, not liking her impression of him so far. He was too rude and cocky. She lashed her banded tail in annoyance, who'd have ever thought she'd miss Brokenstar? The expecting leader shifted uncomfortable on the branch, though she had not swollen too much so far. She looked more plump than pregnant. She cast her gaze downward as Brinepelt arrived and waiting till Tigerstar joined them. She couldn't say she was even a bit grieved about Stallionstar's passing, she was actually rather pleased that the bloody tom was finally dead.
--
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen. - Luke 24:5-6
May 12, 2018 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

"That's your deputy, right?" Dieseltooth asked the SunClanners, nodding toward Anat. "She doesn't look too thrilled to be here."

--

May 12, 2018 at 10:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Heatherpaw squinted, looking at Anat and then back to Dieseltooth, "That's her, ma'am," she said politely. The small she-cat's lilac fur was like a highlighter in the clearing as she gazed around in amazement, except for her pale eyes, which couldn't focus on anything closer than the horizon or farther than the tips of her whiskers.

"Her name is Anat- and our leader is Sandstar," she spouted, innocently assuming Dieseltooth didn't know anything about their clan.

--

May 13, 2018 at 12:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sandrunner and Co.
Sandstar's ears flicked back and forth, his brows furrowing at Risingstar's comment about Tigerstar. It was clear the tom had a ways to go when it came to leadership and diplomacy. He looked to Hollowstar, who looked ratger prickly this gathering- though he couldn't blame her. He was on the cusp of hating every other clan himself. From Eclipseclan stealing kits and holding them prisoner in the cruelest since of the word, to Earthclan harboring murderers, liars, and theives, to Moonclan being the most battle hungry of them all. Had they all forgotten why this war even began in the first place? Sandstar's mind traveled to the days long ago when the four clans sheltered in Eclipseclan's camp. Snow had forced them all in together, brutal fights had broken out, and their clan mates had turned up dead quite often. The bloody war had broken out then. More cats had died. Alliances had been broken. It had went from figuring out how to get to the bottom of the most horrendous killing spree in the clans history to an all out war of anger, petty disputes, and treachery. Sandstar wondered if the murderers were among them tonight..and wondered even more so if the other leaders even thought about it any more.
--

Turn your face twords the sun and let the shadows fall behind you.

May 13, 2018 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Dieseltooth grunted, her ear flicking as she listened to Heatherpaw and stared up at Sandstar, trying to read the leaders' expressions.  Chilly as ever, she noted.

"Anat?  How'd her mother come up with that one?" She commented.

--

May 13, 2018 at 12:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

"You're all a rather dry and humorless lot, aren't ya?" Risingstar asked when his comment about Tigerstar's earless state was returned with nothing more than cold and silent disdain. Still mostly feeling as though he was having a conversation with himself, the tom cocked his head slightly to one side, caught in feigned reminiscence. "Though Tigerstar didn't particularlly enjoy it either when I met her at the Moonstone."

Risingstar had no interest in stroking the egos of the attending leaders. He had little patience for this type of faked diplomacy and thinly veiled threats. They were all at war. Why did they expect him to act as though he was in the presence of kings and queens? These cats deserved no such respect. Smiling in the faces of your enemies before plotting an attempt on their life was far less noble than simply being blunt. 

"Well, I suppose since we're all here and the night's not getting any younger, that we might as well start," He shifted the topic of conversation without waiting for a reply or consent from the other leaders in attendance. "I wanted all the other clans to know that EarthClan is open to all. We will accept any member, for any reason, and judge you solely based on your actions within our clan rather than outside of it. And we'll defend you tooth and claw along the way. Sandstar and Anat can attest to that- or at least so I've been told," He said, referencing the scenario with Reign. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

May 13, 2018 at 12:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Frecklemask took this oppurtunity to melt out of the shadows, the disgraced deputy's face the only thing barely visible in the bleached world as she raised her head high, arrogance seeping from her pawsteps as she made the walk through the cats. She said nothing- unwilling to let the rest of the clans know that she was no longer able to shout them into submission. Still, the she-cat was intimidating enough. She looked up to her new leader, nodding to him as he spoke. That's right, she thought, If I weaken EclipseClan enough, I can finally take my rightful place on top-

Her plan was a simple one- breed dissent among the clans, and when the time was right and Hollowstar was at her weakest, Frecklemask would erupt into her homeland and take what was rightfully hers. Hollowstar would fall from age eventually, and Fencerunner was small and weak. Frecklemask remembered her apprenticeship- she was an absolute pushover when it came to battle. It didn't help things that Frecklemask had been her mentor. I wouldn't pass on a lick of what I know to that . . . thing, she bit.

Fencerunner looked up, amazed at how Risingstar took to the leadership. The tom was certainly shining, and EarthClan seemed all the better for it. She smiled gently upwards. A safe haven, she thought, I wish EclipseClan could afford to do that.

Heatherpaw frowned, "It's Egyptian," she said, hurt. Her father was Midnightsphinx- her brothers were Osiris and Bastet. She herself hadn't earned the egyptian name, but she loved those who did. "Don't you like her name? It's unique- better than a lot of the traditional ones I hear. I hear MoonClan has a cat named Softlullaby- what kind of mother?"

--

May 13, 2018 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

Firpaw frowned, trying not to pull her head away from her sister's. She didn't want to take her frustration and put it on her sister. However, she just couldn't shake those negative feelings from her mind. "Lead the way, warrior," Firpaw muttered, immediately feeling terrible for it. She dealt with this by looking at her paws, which had suddenly grown quite interesting. Was Sandstar going to announce her sister's new position and ignore her as he had earlier? Surely he would recognize he made a mistake right?

--

Showing empathy towards people and things, both real and imagined, isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of being human.

May 13, 2018 at 12:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

It seemed obvious to everyone but Risingstar that the tom was ruffling some feathers among the higher ranking members of the crowd. Blackpanther certainly took note of it. He had expected nothing less of the EarthClan leader, but he wasn't particularly looking forward to a fight.

Lay off it a bit. He thought with an inward sigh. He dare not speak it aloud, knowing full well that it would cause Risingstar to double down. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

May 13, 2018 at 12:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sandrunner and Co.
"Yes, we are well aware of you harboring murderers, liars, and theives." Sandstar rumbled bleakly. "I wonder, how you would feel if you found you were harboring one of the cats responsible for the mass murders that have plauged the clans all these moons? Hold their paw and tell them all is forgiven?" Sandstar cocked an eyebrow at the hot headed Earthclan leader.
--

May 13, 2018 at 12:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

Risingstar let out a snort of amusement, emerald gaze shifting to Sandstar as a grin broke across his features. It was not mocking, but its use in this scenario seemed rather... smug. "I'm not saying if you join EarthClan you can come murder anyone you want. But we'll accept new members without question. If they start breaking the rules and murdering after that then we'll deal with it. Cats just need a place to go where they don't have to fear retaliation by past clans over petty crimes." 

--

May 13, 2018 at 12:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencerunner watched the tension unfurl above her, noticing with an anxious ear-flick that Frecklemask had sat not four fox-lengths away. The small tabby made an active effort not to shrink- the rest of the deputies were next to her. She couldn't afford to look weak- they certainly wouldn't forget if she did.

Oakstump frowned at her sister, "Do you want to talk about it?" she said, stopping cold. Venom was dripping from her sister's voice and Oakstump couldn't take the friction. Firpaw was her one reason to keep on living and her being angry was, in and of itself, too much for the dark tabby.

--

May 13, 2018 at 1:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sandrunner and Co.
"So..you're saying murder is a petty crime?" He questioned, "You would let a cat who has murdered kits, queens, apprentices, and warriors from all of the clans in to yours with no repercussions?" The toms lilac eyes flickered harshly under the light of the full moon, "That's incredibly ignorant of you Risingstar. I thought after the last 'gathering' or should I say burial of kits and warriors, you had come away a bit wiser. I can see I was wrong in that assesment."
--

May 13, 2018 at 1:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

Death Rattle noticed the weakness that seemed to blossom from Fencerunner's chest at Frecklemask's approach. The donskoy's eye narrowed intently and his heart rate quickened, as though readying himself to pounce on a piece of stumbling prey. He managed to hold himself at bay, tail merely lashing and muscles flexing as he watced her. 

"You can twist my words if you want, it's not what I said," Risingstar returned unflinchingly. "I know your fur's still in a knot about EarthClan taking in Reign, but it was the right choice for the right time. He's hardly a murderer and your warrior was about to kill a defenseless cat. What I'm saying about EarthClan, is that it's a haven for cats who are trying to move on or start a new life for themselves. Even if we're talking about murderers here, murdering doesn't make someone evil. There's room for forgiveness and healing if they want it, and it's better than executing them." He was unabashed in his defense of this policy. For better or worse. He'd let in a hundred criminals if even just one of them ended up deserving it. 

--

May 13, 2018 at 1:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

"Egyptian?"  Dieseltooth echoed, still having no idea what the other cat was on about.  She lowered her voice as the gathering was called to order, but talked through the leaders, "Unique, sure, but it's weird she hasn't changed it, isn't it?  SunClanners don't like conformity, something about arrogence.  Softlullaby's nothing, half of that's on the leader."

--

May 13, 2018 at 1:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

"...No..." Firpaw sniffed, trying to keep herself from breaking down in the middle of the Gathering, "Nothing's wrong." She glanced over at her sister for the first time, her eyes dull but a smile on her face. She wasn't sure it was entirely genuine though. Maybe they could talk elsewhere, but there were...it was too crowded to talk about something so...emotionally draining. 

--

Showing empathy towards people and things, both real and imagined, isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of being human.

May 13, 2018 at 1:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sandrunner and Co.
"Acutally, it is kind of what you said. And no, techincally he didn't kill anyone. But he can dangerously close to breaking a warriors neck in a fit of anger. And on another occasion, he hit his mate in another fit of anger. He's dangerous. And my warrior was going to bring him to me, not kill him. But, that is hardly my point as he is your issue to deal with. I wasn't talking about him to begin with. What im talking about is the fact that your new policy invites you to take in and protect mass murderers with no questions asked. It's foolish. I thought that you had remembered what lay beneath all of our paws here." He growled flicking his tail twords the packed earth underneath the paws of all four clans. The giant patch looked starkly different from the rest of the lush grass surrounding it. "And taking a life, is terrible any way you slice it, Risingstar. If someone got angry at a cat you loved and mortally wounded them I would call that evil. A cat who has no other choice and kills another out of survival, that cat is not evil, but that is the only exception. Killing in anger, for the fun of it, or for power, that is evil." Sandstar glared at Risingstar." a cold kind of anger fixing itself on his face. "But again, my point, is that you have let yourself become open to the monsters who did these crimes. Those cats are evil. Those cats should be stopped. And they need to be put down, as it is clear this trend will continue. In this case, execution is certainly better." He stated, unyeilding in this situation. This wasn't about Reign any longer, this was about the clans saftey as a whole. This was bound to blow up in the toms face, and he knew everyone would suffer because of this...mistake.
--

May 13, 2018 at 1:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Heatherpaw chuckled, "Why should she change it? It's her heritage," she argued, "Should I change my name from Heatherpaw to Cloudpaw just because I like Cloudpaw better? No, because Heatherpaw is what my mom named me. The same goes for our Anat."

Frecklemask noted Death Rattle, thrilled her supporters were here. In her mind, Risingstar was defending her own actions against EclipseClan. To her brother, no less. The sandy tom's purple-eyed presence was passionately arguing for the execution of murderers and thieves- something Frecklemask herself was.

"Were you just going to forgive my own transgressions when you invited me to join SunClan?" she hissed, her voice breathy and barely rasping to call out to the leader. Her tail lashed behind her.

Fencerunner looked like a bobblehead, the way her head tracked to every cat that spoke in turn.

Oakstump called her sister's bluff, "So I see," she goaded, an eyebrow raised as she rubbed her shoulder against her sister's prettier pelt. A blossom of jealousy consumed her for a moment. She's so much more prettier than me . . . she thought with a bitter bite. I look like mama. She looks like dad. StarClan, you're cruel to us.

--

May 13, 2018 at 1:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle

Firpaw couldn't keep looking at her sister, who clearly didn't seem to believe her. She decided to try to casually look up to where the leaders were, murmuring, "Nothing at all...Nothing wrong..." However, she could almost sense Oakstump's presence almost forcing words out of her. "Nothing..." She repeated, her voice quivering a little.

--

May 13, 2018 at 1:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Oakstump frowned, relenting, "We don't need to do this here," she said as she eased up on the button she was pushing in Firpaw's psych. "I'm sorry- here, I'll sit in front of you- you can pull yourself together and nobody will see you," the smaller tabby stated as she positioned herself, giving Firpaw a comforting lick on her forehead. She felt terrible for the way Firpaw's breath seemed to flow with contained emotion. She's upset with me, she choked mentally, Because Sandstar made me a warrior and not her.

--

May 13, 2018 at 1:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.