Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Neutral Landmarks > Gathering Clearing

L
Administrator

Death Rattle settled himself in a position near the base of the bone white tree. The hairless tom's tongue flicked out, much like a snake's, and danced across the back of his bare paw. His pitiless eye was cast up towards Risingstar. He could tell that the EarthClan leader was uncomfortable, and many of his injuries were still harshly visible against his pelt. The Donskoy couldn't resist a smirk as he admired his own work, and reveled in Risingstar's barely notable winces. Oh how he loved to drag the mighty down. 

If you're still around in another moon or two perhaps we could play that little game again. Death Rattle thought, finally jerking his gaze away from the crimson warrior so he could observe the position of Fencerunner. A frown tugged at the edges of his features. This was one of the wrenches in his plan. If Fencerunner got too chatty with the leader then it crumbled. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

May 11, 2018 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

Blackpanther kept his gaze on Death Rattle, though he remained with the crowd of EarthClanners. The tom's curved claws tore into the dirt, ripping out long gouges as he waited for the rat to make a move. Unfortunately Death Rattle was more intelligent, or at least more sinister, than he looked. He had no intention of springing during the Gathering, and he was well aware of the attention he was drawing from the EarthClan bengal. 

Charity was frightened of seeing SunClan again. She doubted many of her family members were left, living out on the plains, or that any would remember her. Even if they did, she wouldn't be able to communicate with them, to tell them what had happened to her or the absolute monster Smokethorn was. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

May 12, 2018 at 12:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Dieseltooth rushed toward Fencerunner as quickly as she could- that is, as quickly as she could without appearing too concerned and raising alarm.  Blackrabbit watched her go and frowned, then looked over the rest of the gathering clearing to find an area that wasn't too crowded.

"Hey, stay cool.  We don't know what's happening yet," She muttered to her friend. "I'll go sit near her and make sure she doesn't look too too smug."

--

May 12, 2018 at 1:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

River

Glasswind, as he settled at the roots of the old tree, was quick to notice Risingstar's discomfort above him. It could have just been the prospect of speaking to hundreds of cats, representing a clan with no room for error, but Glass remained suspicious nonetheless, narrowing his chartreuse green eyes as he shifted to perch atop a bed of tangled roots.

--

*He/him*

May 12, 2018 at 7:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadowstorm
Hollowstar nodded to her deputy before leaping into the bone white tree above. She settled on a branch just slightly below Risingstar before turning her sharp green gaze on him. She had never seen him before, or the cat she presumed had taken the position of deputy. But she wasn't so curious as to start a conversation with him, she would rather gather her thoughts before having to speak.
--
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen. - Luke 24:5-6
May 12, 2018 at 10:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky

Flintstriker padded in, her first time attending a Gathering since she was an apprentice. She had grown quite big, and her long legs and tall frame was easily tangled with the shorter cats within the clearing. Her ears flicked, and she found a spot near the tree to sit. Of course she would block a couple cats, but she had to make sure she got the full scoop. Trouble was bound to happen at each Gathering.

--

May 12, 2018 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HarmlessPoison

Buzzing stalked into the bustling clearing from the sidelines, not desiring to converse with anyone as his mind was still fixated on Reign since he had fled, despite how much he claimed to not care about his father. Sitting in a secluded area with one lone Magnolia tree positioned nearby, he propped himself against the bark and allowed his olive-hued gaze to study the horde of cats from all clans. I wonder if Reign will arrive. If he's even allowed to.

--
Roleplay anyone? Must you have a cup of tea before we start? Ah, very well then.
May 12, 2018 at 2:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator
Noting that only EarthClan and EclipseClan had arrived, Risingstar turned a cheekish grin on Hollowstar. Though it was quite contradictory to how he felt, he had grown used to wearing his brazen, devil-may-care attitude as a mask. ¬?Not really used to being early,¬? The crimson coated leader commented. ¬?Risingstar. Pleasure to meet you.¬?
--

May 12, 2018 at 2:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sandrunner and Co.
Sandstar strode in, looking all business as he made his way to Hawks Tree. The massive tom clambered his way to the branch across from Risingstar, his lilac gaze wary when he turned to give a curt greeting to the other leaders.(sorry yall I wont be on till late I gtg to work x( )
--

Turn your face twords the sun and let the shadows fall behind you.

May 12, 2018 at 2:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Flintstriker flashed a look up at the leaders, noting all of their faces. Her own made a few at the sight of theirs, but that was the only interaction she would ever have with them. Soon after, she got up, and went to Buzzing. She smiled a bit, but she seemed saddened deep down. ¬?Hello, Buzzing. Awaiting the presence of your father?¬? She mewed, and lowered her tail a bit. The only thing her and Buzzing shared was the hatred for his father.
--

May 12, 2018 at 2:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alienfish

Windelk felt like a shadow, even in the midst of the full moon. She was walking, now, and Sandstar had been kind enough to invite her here. He knows I'm doing better, she thought, but the fact did not rest easily with her. If he's been aware of me all this time - why do nothing? He's not ignorant or preoccupied, it seems. He's just... apathetic.

Can I blame him?

There were plenty of interesting cats all around her - interesting customs, odd interactions, and strange flickerings of preoccupation. Duskfang sighed a deep sigh, taking it all in amidst the crisp autumn-night air. A kit might freeze out here. I guess that threat outweighs the potential benefits of having us all come here, for safety's sake. And education's.

The SunClanners were slowly streaming in the clearing, and EclipseClan had already made themselves at home. They were lazy, disrespectful brutes, she began to think, as she watched some of them, clearly bored out of their mind and longing for an excuse to make themselves absent, even for just a moment. I could give them that, she thought, and began to walk across the still-empty area where MoonClan would soon assemble.

Poseidon was smiling. The night was wonderfully pleasant, the moon beautifully cinematic, and he, himself, was at peace with everything that peace could be found with. There was no reason to grow tense or anxious here - he could simply enjoy himself. An atmosphere of formality, a pleasant snack at his feet, and plenty of great compa-

These restless rats and their petty peasant ways. Their foolish feet, walking to and fro and flailing about and trampling my food! I'll feast on their misery if I feast on anything tonight, oh yes - not this, well, whatever type of animal this used to be. Someone worked hard to trap this food, and they step on it as if it's worthless! I'll have them suffer for that, someday.

--

May 12, 2018 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencerunner didn't notice Dieseltooth due to nerves- the fact that this was her first gathering as deputy was slapping her in the face. She was much more approachable than Hollowstar's silence, and as she saw Risingstar she smiled up at the tree as she awkwardly found her place on the roots, next to Glasswind. Her small paws found little purchase on the bone-white roots, forcing her to awkwardly balance among the tangle. Around her, the clearing gave little indication of the bodies they'd found from the last gathering- the mass grave had grass beginning to cover its edges, and she noted with solemn understanding that the cats were avoiding the patch. She'd been part of the burial effort, along with SunClan and the EarthClan patrol, the only EclipseClan cat who was behind to help.

"Good evening everyone," she purred, slightly out of breath from the trek. Not so friendly as to hint at the night of understanding Risingstar and her had shared. She looked to the white tabby next to her, impressed with his handsome uniqueness, and realized he scented of EarthClan. He must be deputy, she thought, and wondered if he was as nervous as her.

"EarthClan, yes?" she asked him after a small moment of finding her tongue.

Frecklemask glared as Fencerunner found her place among her rightful spot under Hollowstar. But she grinned, looking upwards, to where Hollowstar sat. That's where I belong, she thought, still hidden among the bushes.

Oakstump entered behind Sandstar, the homely she-cat observing the mass of cats for anyone she knew. I hope Tangypaw isn't here, she bit, realizing the she-cat was probably also a warrior by now. The fact left Oakstump bitter- He didn't make Firpaw a warrior, she thought, thinking of Sandstar. Why?

Her sister was there, of course, but Oakstump felt nauseous that Sandstar would announce her warriorship but not Firpaw's. She hoped her sister knew it was not her fault. She even was given an apprentice- Osiris. What is he thinking?

Heatherpaw, the light SunClan apprentice the color of cream and wind, lightly entered the clearing with her clan. Her pelt glowed among the scenic night and her light blue eyes were wide with fear as they struggled to focus on the multitude of cats. At least I can see clearer at night, she thought with a grateful nod to the stars.

--

May 12, 2018 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Castle
Firpaw wasn¬?t far from Oakpa...stump. Firpaw felt a lump in her throat at the thought. Why had Sandstar denied her the privilege that he had given her sister? Had she done something wrong? She just couldn¬?t wrap her head around it. Why? Her tail hung low, nearly dipping into the ground as she padded forward. Putting a fake smile on her face, she sped up until she was walking next to her sister. She couldn¬?t get herself to look at Oakstump though. It was as if that would be acknowledging that they weren¬?t together anymore. Firpaw had to suppress a shudder at the thought of being led in a training session by her own sister. She sighed. What could she do?
--

Showing empathy towards people and things, both real and imagined, isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of being human.

May 12, 2018 at 7:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

"Just waiting for MoonClan..." Blackrabbit muttered to himself, ready for all this to be behind him.  See that Fencerunner was at ease, Dieseltooth let up and stepped back into the mass of settling cats.  Her eyes landed on Poseidon and she scowled. Well, I guess it isn't a surprise.

--

May 12, 2018 at 7:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L
Administrator

Risingstar looked past Fencerunner, rather than directly at her. The crimson coated leader wasn't certain how high Death Rattle's murder plot actually reached, but for now he decided to silently regard Hollowstar with a degree of mistrust. He doubted there was anything her deputy did that she didn't know about. 

"Sandstar," Risingstar replied, a nod of his head in the SunClan leader's direction. He was mostly excited that he actually knew the names of one of the other leaders, and had recalled it. A triumphant grin lit his features. "Suppose we're just waiting on Earless-star and the rest of MoonClan then?" They'd know well enough who he was speaking of, even if the way he had referred to her was rather unbecoming. 

--

May 12, 2018 at 7:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

Dieseltooth snorted with laughed upon overhearing Risingstar's "Earless-star" comment, and settled down with a group of the newly-arrived SunClanners.

"Hey." She greeted.

--

May 12, 2018 at 7:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HarmlessPoison

Brinepelt strode into the clearing alongside the MoonClan patrol her and Tigerstar had assembled, her paws sticking outwards and sweeping out in powerful strokes that bent the earth beneath her. With a steady composure to represent MoonClan as dauntless, she respectfully dipped her head to her leader and positioned herself at the roots of Hawk's Tree. As she sat ramrod straight in her seat, her strained gaze scoured the awaiting throng of wary cats, not particularly on a search for a certain cat but rather to immerse herself into the sight. The tensions between certain clans certainly do show. The deputy silently thought, observing the interactions between each and every clan-cat.

Buzzing eyed Flintstriker warily, the she-cat's urge to encourage a conversation with him having not even a slight effect on him. What is this she-cat doing? Why does she assume that I would waste my time on that mangy beast? Why would I stoop low enough to do that? In all truth, it was quite the contrary despite his insistent, foul thoughts--he had been on an attentive search for Reign with only but a sliver of hope deep in his wretched heart that he had reached EarthClan, safe and sound.

--
Roleplay anyone? Must you have a cup of tea before we start? Ah, very well then.
May 12, 2018 at 7:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Inky
Flintstriker rolled her eyes. ¬?What? You don¬?t care for my little...input? I¬?m waiting for him too.¬? She grumbled, and pulled her lips back slightly. ¬?I understand, though. Privacy, amirite?¬? Flintstriker, the slightest bit awkward, looked about the clearing. All these cats made her nervous, but she still tried to stand tall with the frame that she had. Her pretty Savannah pelt lifted slightly as well, reminding everyone around her of the wariness she gave off.
--

May 12, 2018 at 7:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kamira

Fencerunner frowned as Risingstar didn't acknowledge her, but didn't really expect anything less. He isn't supposed to know who I am, she reminded herself. We don't even share a border with EarthClan. Wait . . . Earless-star?

She turned as the sound of paws thundering on earth forced her to turn her head, and her eyes widened as MoonClan streamed into the clearing. Her gaze was drawn to the two cats leading the charge- Fencerunner frowned as she realized Tigerfield was the one, along with a siamese she'd never seen before.

Stallionstar passed?   She thought with a solemn amount of freezing sadness. She had only barely seen the tom, but she couldn't imagine Hollowstar dying. She'd never been good at dealing with death.

Letting the thought pass, she turned to the deputy of MoonClan as she nestled next to Fencerunner. The she-cat was impressive and it actually took Fencerunner a minute to figure out she was a she-cat. Regal, EclipseClan's resident androgynous cat, had trained her well after berating her for calling her a him.

"Hello," she said, intimidated by the taller cat's immense stature and piercing eyes. MoonClan certainly did know how to have a presence, If nothing else. "Congratulations-" she began before realizing that the cat being deputy also meant Stallionstar had passed, and her good-intentioned word was possibly a bit inappropriate. "On the deputyship, I mean."

Flustered, Fencerunner shifted her weight onto her other haunch.

Oakstump approached Firpaw, not wanting to get into it with any of her clanmates or other clans. Firpaw was certainly more outgoing and the she-cat wondered if she could make friends just by tagging along behind her sister. "There's a lot of cats here," she whispered into her sister's ear, slightly nervous, though it didn't quite show through. "Perhaps we should go talk to some?"

Heatherpaw turned as a voice addressed her and her pastel blue eyes focused in on a gray blob of a cat in front of her. She smiled, scenting EclipseClan but not knowing what it meant. "Salutations," the small cat said, wondering if she was making a new friend. Things were certainly lonely enough in SunClan.

Servalpaw stalked into the clearing behind her mother and Brinepelt, anxiously peering to see if she could see any of her siblings, or if Hollowstar would dare say something about her freedom. It had been risky bringing her, but as she saw EclipseClan's eyes on her she relished in the fact that there was nothing they could do.

Take that, she said, staring down a tom, I escaped. And I'm back home. We know what you did.

Frecklemask spotted Servalpaw with MoonClan and furrowed her brow from her hiding place. She can't even keep a prisoner a prisoner, she thought about Fencerunner. Useless kittypet.

--

May 12, 2018 at 9:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Honeyy

Anat padded in swiftly after the rest of the Sunclan group, making sure to count all of the members that had been chosen to come. After going over every cat one last time she let out a soft sigh and bounded up to the Hawk's Tree, taking her spot on the root of the tree without really acknowledging the other deputies. She was really just ready to get this Gathering over with and go back to Sunclan. It was too shady over here anyway.

--

I refuse to let anyone destroy my peace.

May 12, 2018 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.