Warrior Cats
 of the Forest

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > SunClan > SunClan Territory

L

Dustfur had wedged himself in a corner of the barn where he sat, shivering, teeth chattering. He couldn't feel his legs, and the wind break of the barn offered him little relief. He had not been bred for cold weather, and his short fur did little to protect him against the freezing temperatures. 

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

February 11, 2018 at 6:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mockingdeath & Co.
"I think I saw them go out. We can go find them if you want. I know Daisybelle is a good hunter." Enchantingmist nodded in approval. Her gaze traveled to Dustfur. The cat looked freezing. She was about to call to him when she saw Endlesspaw bounding to him. She looked at Ternpaw and waited to see if he was okay with that idea.

"Hey! You look freezing. I have really fluffy fur. I know it's a little strange but I can sit by you and help warm you up?" The son of Pineheart and Desolatestar offered with a smile. He was always trying to help others.
--
"When you laugh, I want to slit your throat. Your smile makes my eyes burn from its pleasantness. I hate you because I enjoy everything you do. Your company. Knowing you'll follow me everywhere. I'm in love with you, you simple minded parasite." - Cryingwolf to Flare

February 11, 2018 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

Dustfur's vacant gaze focused on the cat that had approached him and for a few seconds all he did was blink. He sniffled, a consequence of the upper respiratory tract infection he had developed from the cold, and gave a quick shake of his head. "N-no- th-th-thank you."

--

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

February 11, 2018 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mockingdeath & Co.
"I insist, please?" Endlesspaw's tone turned pleading. He didn't want to see Dustfur suffering like this. Or anyone for that matter. This place, the barn, only help so much.
--
"When you laugh, I want to slit your throat. Your smile makes my eyes burn from its pleasantness. I hate you because I enjoy everything you do. Your company. Knowing you'll follow me everywhere. I'm in love with you, you simple minded parasite." - Cryingwolf to Flare

February 11, 2018 at 6:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

The havanna brown tom shifted uncomfortably and averted his gaze, but he didn't protest any further. He wasn't used to others interacting with him, and the small space of the barn was beginning to make him nervous. 

--

February 11, 2018 at 6:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

"No, no, whoever's availible is fine," Ternpaw answered, his teeth chattering as another harsh breeze whistled through the rotting boards of the barn.

--

February 11, 2018 at 7:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

"If you have the oppurtunity, wings." She nodded. "It allows as much of the meat to be eaten from the body without damaging it or anything. But, usually you can only get the body. Just make sure you don't put too much pressure and end up hurting the prey. We want to save as much meat as we can." She nodded, before beginning to pad forward again, looking around for more prey. A bit ahead, the slight scraping against the earth warned of another avian just up ahead. "Where is it?" She asked.

--

"How can I protect you from the wolves, if I don't have any teeth?" - Toxicmamba to Jade

February 11, 2018 at 7:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mockingdeath & Co.
Endlesspaw smiled as he settled beside the warrior. Thankfully the gust flattened his fur but did barely anything to chill him. Unlike his siblings, he had fairly thick fur, taking strongly after Desolatestar. "Hopefully leaf-bare is short so we can get out of here. I don't like not sleeping under Silverpelt." Endlesspaw decided to chatter mindlessly.

"Maybe Dustfur and your brother?" Enchantingmist suggested as she nodded to the two toms. Though she felt bad that Ternpaw was so cold. Sure she was frigid too, but the future warriors needed to survive. She could be replaced. "Maybe you should just stay here. I can go find Daisybelle and Brewingpaw and hunt with them. I don't want you to freeze to death."

Brewingpaw nodded again as he listened. It all made sense. Plus if he pinned the wings it would make it easier not to damage the prey too much. Brew did his best to minimize the crunching of snow underpaw. It was difficult, though. When his mother questioned him, he paused. His large ears swivelled as they search for the sound she must have picked up. The whiskers on the right side of his muzzle twitched twice. "I think over there." He nodded forward but his guess was just slightly off.
--

February 11, 2018 at 8:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Daisybelle flicked an ear, looking ahead a little bit. Because of her height, she was able to see a bit further, and she leaned down next to her son. "Close, but its more right." She mewed quietly, looking more towards the right, her ears perking forward. "If you listen, you can hear it scratching against the ground, ever so faintly, and pin the direction." She smiled with a nod. "You want to try?" 

--

"How can I protect you from the wolves, if I don't have any teeth?" - Toxicmamba to Jade

February 11, 2018 at 8:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mockingdeath & Co.
"Oh." Brewingpaw meowed before adjusting to look in the direction his mother was looking in. The small fluffy crystals of frozen water swirled in the breeze. He canceled out the wind and was able to pick up the scratching sound she spoke of. "I can. I won't miss either." Determination coated his words as he started off. He was careful to keep his steps soft and his belly and still off the snow. But he stayed as close to the ground as possible. Finally the bird came into sight. He closed to a tail length, like he saw his mother due. He flattened his ears and prepared to pounce. His muscles tightened before he propelled himself forward. He aimed for the wings as the avian spread them to take off. Out of sheer luck he sunk his claws into each wing. He hesitated briefly as the creature wiggled. He finally pinpointed the spot to bite and killed it with ease. He raced back with the bird in his mouth before dropping it in front of her. "I did it!" He then bowed his head to her. "Thank you for your instructing. Without it I would have failed miserably. I refuse to fail."
--

February 11, 2018 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dapple

Imatootle at February 10, 2018 at 6:53 PM

Pinepaw pawed his sister and ran to the clearing "Come on holly"

Hollypaw broke from a daze, ?oh, ya, sorry,? She mumbled, ?coming.? She walked alongside her brother with the rest of the cats towards the gathering. (To gathering)
--

"As you get older you will find that the life of a warrior isn't easy, you'll loose a lot of people that you care about; to battle, to disease, or just to old age; what's important to remember though, whenever you start to feel sad or alone, is that there is no stronger family than your clan, and that is why we fight so hard and with all of our hearts to protect it." -Silobriar of SunClan

February 12, 2018 at 12:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

"You would've been just fine without me. After all, you do have your father and I in there. Which, in your words, we are the best hunters." She giggled, but gave a warm smile. "You did wonderfully sweetheart."

Farther out into the territory, Smokethorn had managed to come into conversation with Brindlefawn, a beautiful she-cat who was obviously lonely. And no tom could leave such a pretty she-cat like her alone, could he? He let out a mrrow of amusement as she spoke, though he drowned her words out. His ice blue eyes stared down her pelt, and his tail lay calmly behind him as they approached the border with the Loner Plains. Through the silence of their conversation, he examined every aspect of her, and his eyes glistened. She was perfect - a great target. So friendly, so trusting... It made his insides warm with excitement and adrenaline. Would anyone miss her? It was too soon to be told but to watch the clan writhe underneath the loss of clanmates, it fueled his monstrous desires.

--

February 12, 2018 at 1:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ember
Site Owner

"I can't stay here all leaf-bare!" Ternpaw exclaimed, looking back at Enchantingmist with wide eyes.  Was that what they did in MoonClan?  He wondered, but had enough manners not to accuse her of it openly. "With the two of them we'll have a full patrol and can head out.  We can probably make it back before the others are back from the gathering."

--

February 12, 2018 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Staghoove

Heatherpaw looked around for her sister to see if Desertpaw wanted to train together among the hay, and possibly try to catch mice that were hiding within the barn.

--

"Nobody is born a warrior. You choose to be one when you refuse to stay seated. You choose to be one when you refuse to back down. You choose to be one when you stand up after getting knocked down. You choose to be one because if not you, who?" ~ Stallionstar

"All is known in the sacredness of silence." ~ Apollo

February 12, 2018 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse

Midnightsphinx padded back into the abandoned barn, his eyes narrowed as he looked around for his brother. Once spotted, the well-muscled tom made his way over, his tail flicking lowly behind him. "Klorel." He began, "We need to speak. We have something more trivial than just these murders." His voice turned to a low growl. "Hollowstar wants all the clans to come live in EclipseClan until the end of this leaf-bare cold." 

--

February 12, 2018 at 3:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HornetFeather
HornetKit pawed at the mouse in front of her and then pushed it away
--
"Glammer glammer glammer, that's what I'm used to, all this moss and squirrels stuff is so confusing and hard, but I'll try anything once" Coral to her new leader "Fame is what I'd reamed of, being the best at being pretty, now I aim to be the best warrior I can be" Reef as an echo to her sister
February 12, 2018 at 4:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mockingdeath & Co.
Klorel looked at his brother with furrowed brows. "What? Would Omnistar really accept that? It could be a trap." Immediately his mind began to work, peeling back every possible motive and outcome layer by layer. Though, if Hollowstar's intentions were truly kind, it could help. "Is it only an offer to SunClan?"

"A blind bird can only fly so far on its own." Brewingpaw smiled at her praise. "Hopefully I will be one of SunClan's best hunters." He meowed enthusiastically. The only time he let his happy personality out was when he was with his mother.

"Very well. Go get them and meet me back here." Enchantingmist gave Ternpaw a nod. She found his exasperation a bit amusing. He would be a fine warrior. He definitely had Desolatestar's fire in him.
--

February 12, 2018 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

L

Dustfur hunkered down and closed his eyes, his large body trembling as the wind blew through the cracks of the barn. The apprentice beside him offered a little bit of comfort but it was only a small relief. 

Twinsouls returned from the Gathering, shaking out his long white fur as he entered the confines of the barn. It was interesting, Hollowstar's offer. He wondered if Omnistar would choose to accept it. 

--

February 12, 2018 at 8:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mockingdeath & Co.
"Hey don't worry. It will warm up soon." Endlesspaw smiled as he tried to reassure Dustfur while still trying to help him keep warm. He felt bad for those who had short fur. Or thin fur for that matter.
--

February 12, 2018 at 8:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalletEclipse
Daisybelle purred. "Well, I'll be there to help you no matter what." She smiled warmly, then perked up at the sounds of cats approaching, returning home from the Gathering. "Why don't we find your dad and show him what you caught?" She smiled. Midnightsphinx shook his head. "To all the clans. And that's a lot of cats to bring together to share so little territory." He said, his tail lashing once behind him.
--

February 12, 2018 at 8:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.